Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #15

Not to kidnap TEDDE thread....the only way I know how to cut off rear zone (zone 2) is set the desire setting high, like 85 so it want come on while the front is on, while on 30 A. service. I've read manule on stat, does this sound right?
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #16

That is exactly what is happening. In fact for a short while both ac's are running at the same time..then the fuse blows but always on the back ac. I have never used 50 amps before so we are not quite sure what to expect. We came from a 30 amp gasser to this coach.

I guess until we get to a site with a 50 amp service I will continue to shut off the rear ac and cool off the front part of the coach then throw the breaker to the front ac and cool the rear..

Thanks for all your help..I was totaly baffeled...Now I know I have a power shortage..not a short problem.

I can put up with it until we get to a 50 amp rv site, then my troubles willl be over...

Again thanks to all who replied..

Ted
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #17

Thanks Golden Bear...I am going out to try that on my coach..all I have is the geny for power though..Because my home only has 110 power/15 amp service..

Thx Ted
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too am wondering about the fuses... I have run both of my A/C's on 30 amps (There are a whole bunch of conditions that have to be met, including very good 30 amps) total draw was 27 amps by the way as measured. it held.. But not many places can I do that.

Why you'd be blowing fuses though I do not know.. Something is wrong.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
OK just switching zone DOES NOT deactivate that zone. Go to zone 1 hit mode till it is off go to zone 2 do the same, now your system heat or cool is off. Now go to the zone you wish and turn it to the heat or cool you wish. to go to the other zone turn the active zone to off the go to the other zone and turn it to the heat or cool you wish. With 30 amps you can run two items only in the coach hotwater, air or air or micro or what ever else you have. I can run both airs but MUST have everything else off and that means everything, a lot of manual labor here.

LEN
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #20

Hi Len..I went out to my coach and tried to do what you said. I cannot isolate each zone. All I get are the two zones shown and when you select one.. the number flashes indicating the zone desired. I push zone again and the other zone number flashes. But I cannot shut each one off by themselves. My mode button does not allow me to do that., All my mode button shows is..Fan..Cool..Heat Pump..Furnace. It does not allow me to isolate either zone. I just went out and tried what Golden Bear suggested and that does not work either.

Boy this is beginning to sound like an electronic problem..
Old 05-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
TEDDE.....I've read through this twice and you never really state what you are doing with the zones, or at least it's getting confusing.

When you turn to "Zone 1" and set it for heater or A/C, either the heater or A/C will come on when the temperature reaches the desired setting. When you turn to Zone 2, the settings in "Zone 1" are still active. The only way to deactive "Zone 1 or 2" is to press the mode switch (while in that zone) to OFF.

If you set "Zone 1" on A/C and "Zone 2" on A/C while on 30 amp power, your EMS SHOULD only allow one to come on at a time. Both fans may run depending on what "Fan" selection you set the thermostat at (LOW, HIGH, AUTO), but only one compressor should be kicking in.

Another issue that is confusing. You say the heat won't work. Does your coach have two propane furnaces or are you trying to use the Heat Pump portion of the A/C unit.

If you're coach only has one propane furnace, it will only come on when set in "Zone 1", it shouldn't show up on the thermostat in "Zone 2". If your coach has two propane furnaces, it should have a setting in both zones. If you're talking about the heat pumps, they use the same draw as the A/C unit and will only run one unit at a time on 30 amp.

From what you've been saying, it sounds like you have an issue with the 12 volt system if you're blowing fuses. The EMS should be managing your power without turning any breakers on or off.

Finally, you said you saw 27 amps when the A/C was on. If that were the case, both A/C compressors were running. That's what they draw (13.5) when both are on and the refer is on, but not currently cooling. They will both sometimes run on 30 amp until there is a fluctuation in power or something else in the coach kicks on.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #22

I just went out and tried to switch again..in the furnace mode..and when I try to switch from the front zone to the back zone, all I hear is a click in the panel/fuse panel in my bedroom wall. It will not change. I get this same click when I tried to change zones on AC. But yet when I throw the breaker for the ac not being used it works just fine.
Now I am on my genny for power..????????

I am not using the heat pump mode. While on heat mode only the front registrars have any heat coming out, the back there is nothing coming out. I am sure I have only one furnace..

Ted
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #23

TEDDE, it sounds like your stat is set up like mine. With zone 1 running A/C, zone 2 is running only fan because temp is set high. By the manule I can't cut off just one zone. So mine reads 17 amps because zone 1 is running compressor and zone 2 is running fan only. It's hard to believe that I can't turn one conpletely off.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #24

Thanks Don for trying to help..It is getting confusing now..If I am on the front ac it works just fine..when I try to switch to the back I hear a click coming from my breaker/fuse panel and the rear will not come on..but the front one keeps running at least the fan anyway. I watch the amp draw and I can tell when the compressor cuts in. The front one eventually quits but the rear will not start..I have my fan on either low or high should I be on automatic mode?? I am grabbing at staws now..please be patient with me..The furnace the same way..front works fine but when I try to switch..a click is heard as well..
Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #25

Yes Golden Bear that is exactly like mine..but can you switch to either zone??
Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
My book say that if you are using 30 amp service to let the batteries stabilize for an hour prior to turning on any high load devices. Are you doing that? If I am at a 30 amp hookup I run my generator for a few minutes to let the batteries go from absorb to float. Things seem to work better then. But I only run one a/c unit when on 30 amps.
CamelotJPGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #27

I just spent 3 days plugged into a 30 amp service. The batteries had time to settle. I just read my brochure on my coach and they said that 2 furnaces is standard on my model..and I do..just found the second outside exhaust grille. But it won't cut in even if I try to use the back zone and not even try using the front....Oh Boy I am getting more grey hairs on the hair I have left...Ted
Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #28

Just an idea..Can I run both furnaces at the same time?? It is all off 1 thermostat so can that be the problem after all??? Can't figure out why they don't have seperate controls for both ac's and both furnaces....Ted