Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 04:48 AM   #1

50amp to 30 to 15

07 Beaver Marquis. We had on 04 Marquis before. Does anyone out there have a eight coach battery set up that will allow you go from 50 amps down to run anything off 15 amps? Neither of these coaches did or will. On the Aladdin it shower power on both legs but not getting any. If I plug my reducer plugs into outlet it will throw it. My buddy has a Monterey and he can run one air conditioner on 15 amp. I believe it may be because of the larger battery charger on my unit but not sure. I have turned off everything I can but still no power. In some cases we would like to be able to run one ac or even just charge our batteries. Just wondered if it is a Marquis thing or what.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Happy Fourth and safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #2

I am assuming that you have the Magnum remote controller for your inverter/charger. If so, on your Magnum controller you can press the "Shore" button, and then rotate the knob to select the shore power available. You can set the charger for as low as a 5 amp supply, and that will greatly limit the amount of energy going into the batteries, and make it available for other uses. Or, if your batteries are well charged, you can turn the battery charger completely OFF until you are finished using the A/C.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:47 AM   #3

50-30-15

I have it set at 15. It isn't the charger now that I think about it. If I use a grounded adaptor it will trip right away. If I break the ground plug off it shows power in my Aladdin but there isn't any? As I mentioned, my other Marquis was the same. Someone once mentioned something about a double?? ground using this set up??? Just seems odd that this set up won't work even to charge batteries??Happy Fourth safe travels
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You may have solved your problem, but if not, I experienced a faulty outlet that I was using. In my case I was trying to use a bad cord that came from a manufacturer that reversed the hot and ground. In another case my ground fault was sensing a fault and wouldn't work with the 50 amp rv cable. In any event, the way some MH's are electrically configured you may get a ground feed back with certain circuits open. This does not specifically answer your question....sooo to be able to work around the problem will require you/some one going from plug/connection to connection with an ohm meter to determine what switch has to be in what position to create a usable circuit. Once it's figured out and proper notes made you will be a happy man. Good luck.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote