Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
8.3 Cog drive belt

Hi friends, I just found a source to buy a cog belt cheaper than several places, by far. I have a 96 Dynasty 8.3 Cummins. The hydr. belt has been quoted to me at Napa at close to $400. with shipping. The belt is 48'' around and 1-1/2 wide. It is a cog belt. Number>> 14-MGT-1190-37 If that fits yout rig, and you dont have a spare, I suggest you get one. I was charged $169. + 15 shipping. Call Jef at 1 413 736 4551 I do not have any connection nor know that company, and found it in a search! I do know if on breaks, you are stranded big time, for days! allegro5
allegro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #2

Wow, mine on my 94 which drives the water pump, alternator was 44.95 at Napa. I have a seperate regular v-belt which drives the front dash AC. Same engine. Interesting.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #3

Ah.. here is a thread I found for you... I guess this hydraulic pump is a monaco add-on or something - which is why I can't find in on our Newmar:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/cog-...ump-63992.html
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro5 View Post
Hi friends, I just found a source to buy a cog belt cheaper than several places, by far. I have a 96 Dynasty 8.3 Cummins. The hydr. belt has been quoted to me at Napa at close to $400. with shipping. The belt is 48'' around and 1-1/2 wide. It is a cog belt. Number>> 14-MGT-1190-37 If that fits yout rig, and you dont have a spare, I suggest you get one. I was charged $169. + 15 shipping. Call Jef at 1 413 736 4551 I do not have any connection nor know that company, and found it in a search! I do know if on breaks, you are stranded big time, for days! allegro5

That is a good price. I just bought a spare and it was $207.49 plus shipping... and I thought that was a deal.

Jimmy F
Old 08-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Cogg belt replacement

I will repost this for our members! On my 96 Dynasty, are 3 belts. By far the most expensive is the 4ft X 1-1/2 inch Cogg belt that drives the Hydrolics pump! It is # 14MGT-1190-37 . I have received prices to almost $400 with shipping! I recently stumbled on to a Company that sells this belt, that is right from the Gated Dealer. I do not know a single person associated with this belt dealer, but their price is $169. and $10. shipping! I have been told by experts, to never go without a spare as they are hard to find and days to ship! the number to call is 1 413 736 4551 I talked to Jeff
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
csp

Monaco Owners Club
I just received mine today UPS. I found a place that sold me the belt for $93.00 and $10.00 for shipping. It is not a gates brand but the place I bought it from guaranteed me that is is 20 to 30% stronger than a gates. They have 9000 different belts in stock. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I do not have the name of the place now but if anyone would be interested I will give the name and website on another post. I bought it for a spare because I had to use my spare on my last trip.
Chris
Old 08-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi CSP, Although I was warned agains brands other than Gates, I too would have bought the belt you discribe! Please post a phone # and Dealer Name! Did the man say who made that belt and are the numbers the same? Many thanks, allegro5 greatallegro5@aol.com
Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
csp

Monaco Owners Club
allegro5
The web site is Banded Belts - Timing Belts - Metric V-Belts - Kevlar V-Belts - V Belt Supply The phone number is 1-888-291-5450. I do not remember the name of the belt but I can look at it when I get a chance and post it. The numbers are close to the gates numbers. If you give them the gates number they will cross to their numbers.
Chris
Old 08-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by csp View Post
allegro5
The web site is Banded Belts - Timing Belts - Metric V-Belts - Kevlar V-Belts - V Belt Supply The phone number is 1-888-291-5450. I do not remember the name of the belt but I can look at it when I get a chance and post it. The numbers are close to the gates numbers. If you give them the gates number they will cross to their numbers.
Chris
Hi Chris, Not meanning to disspute you: I just looked up the Web site and the belt is listed for $241. You may have put one over on them? If so, good for you! The same phone number, so I guess its right! allegro5
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
csp

Monaco Owners Club
allegro5
I will call them on Monday and see what price is right. They can not charge me more now so I guess it will not hurt to ask them. If the price on the internet is wrong they need to change it so they do not scare away customers. If they sold it to me for the wrong price I guess I do have a little good luck. I will post the results.
And no you are not disputing me. I am glad you brought it up.
Chris
Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
CSP I EMd the company, and yes you got the right price! That Vbelt Company sell the Gates at $241. and their brand as you said, $104.85 with the shipping! You done good! allegro5
Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
csp

Monaco Owners Club
allegro5
Sorry I did not get back with an update on Monday. We are trying to get everything ready to go to Niagara Falls this weekend.
The belt I received looked the same except the back of the cheaper belt is smooth instead of ribbed. The construction seemed to be the same.
I hope I do not have to find out any time soon if it is as good as the gates. I hope the belt I installed in TN holds for a long time.
Chris
Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
CSP, Please look at the cheaper belt and tell us if the cogg points are shaped the same? Are they rounded or squared off! Its the shape and spacing of those teeth that I am told is important! Looking yesterday at my old belt, it has a couple coggs missing! Clost to gether too! That would have not lasted long! Now I want a good spare. Thanks Chris! allegro5 greatallegro5@aol.com
Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
csp

Monaco Owners Club
allegro5
When I held the belt up next to the broken belt the teeth looked to be shaped and spaced exactly the same. They we both rounded just like the pulleys. It looks to me that it is as close as you can get without going with the Gates.
Chris