Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #29

I have just recently purchased 91 crown royale with L10 series diesel I have original manuals on coach and some of manuals on other systems.

I have no power to my captains chairs and am looking for circuit breakers or fuse for that circuit. Any hints on where to locate them? I have not looked in engine compartment yet. Found fuse panel under passenger side dash, Checked all fuses there but they are good.

Would love to see your PDF file of schematics you have "66"

Thanks for any response!
db
DougBrsrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #30

Doug, a common problem is the seat's wiring connector comes unplugged. It will not withstand much pull before unplugging. It commonly happens when someone rotates the seat. I lengthened mine and put on sturdier connectors. Look under the seat.

Van W. 93 Dynasty pulling two Harleys
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #31

Pyrate, would love to see your wiring diagrams. Do you have them posted online somewhere? Thanks.

Van W. 93 Dynasty pulling two Harleys
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #32

Wats that?

Thanks Van - actually still looking for power source on the chairs. I can see where they would come loose easily.
Finally got into the engine compartment and found four relays - the bottom one being a fused relay with a charred lead in the front. Looks like fuse is burned - am attaching picture (91 Monaco Crown Royal) can any one tell me what this controls?

Thanks db
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3049.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	19517  
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #33

Actually with a little more thought on this - this is a 12 volt 40 amp double pole relay. Yes coil is burned - lead is burned - have not had time to do more snooping as to where it goes. Still looking for any info other monaco signature owners or top tech's can provide.

Thanks for any help!

db
Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #34

Doug, I seriously doubt that the power for those seats come from the engine compartment. On my later version the power comes from the Foward Run Box which is located forward of the left front wheel and accessed from the outside. Don't know if your MH has a FRB and if it doesn't then I would guess you have a small electrical center somewhere else up forward.

On that relay in the engine compartment. Sometimes a bad crimp on connector that raises the resistance and therefore the current can cause what you see. That is a standard 30 Bosch relay and can be easily found. I would installe a new relay and a new connector and give it another try and see if it works.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #35

Mike
It snowed here in the "Springs" today so I had the day to go back to my project.
Yes you are right the seat power does not come from engine compartment!
I did address the relay issue though. Replaced relay and put new connector on and started engine. That relay is for the cooling fan for the transmission. It works now. Am going to keep an eye on it to see what the issue is. I guess after 21 years one or two of those relays have a right to get a burned.

Am going to attach seat power on the next day off. I read about the FRB and looked for one on mine but no luck. I bought a tone circuit tester today so will be using that to track down wires.

I like projects...........humm? I think I would like to go boon docking more though...lol
Old 06-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
I have the exact same unit, 1991 sig with the l10 combo and 2 speed tranny. I have put a LOT of money in it but finally seem to have the majority of things working well... We love the coach! These forums have great people in them also!
c3idotnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #37

Hi ALL: I haven't been on lately. Had a bout with lung cancer, but all is well, and I am on the healing stage, so I haven't been able to work on my coach. Hope to get started soon.
I didn't know I was a land lord though! I see little mouse droppings, and put a sticky trap around, but little Mr. Hodini so far has got the peanut butter, but avoided the traps. Hmmmm? So now I will set the spring ones. I think I have a bunch of welfare cats around here, as all I see them do is wait for a meal or the little ones are playing until meal time.
So many projects, I don't think I will get out much this year though, but hope it will give me a chance to make a few changes as well as a few repairs needed.
Ya'll have fun now Ya here!!
wb6epp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #38

Smile

Wb6eep

Glad you are doing well and hope you continue to recover. Don't resent those little creatures they were just house sitting for you.

db
Old 08-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #39

Hello all. I just got a 1991 Signature that I am loving. Does anyone still have these files/documentation? I would love to see them if anyone could e-mail me them at colbypeek@gmail.com . I would appreciate it immensely. Mine has the L10 as well. Does anyone know the oil level for one with the double oil filter setup? I calculated it at 7.325, but I am unsure.
LiveFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #40

My manual indicates 7 US gallons not including filters if you have the internal damper.
Capacity including filters is 9 US gallons. for same engine

Enjoy your new toy. My has been a task master but finally getting it under control.

db
Old 10-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #41

Are there any 1991 Monaco Signature Crown Royal DP with the Cummins L10 that are computer controlled with a diagnostic connector, or are they all mechanical?
Can't find the connector, as another source says they are computer controlled. The internet lists replacement computers for the L10, but don't know if it's all or some. Thanks in advance for any help.
arizonasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring Diagram Needed 1992 Signature 300HP 6 spd

Hi Everyone - we bought a 1992 Signature Crown Royale last year. It has been used infrequently for the prior 6 years or so. At this stage I think we are batting .500 with it. While those would be great odds in baseball...not so great when taking the wife and kids out on a trip! The good news is that in each case where the coach became disabled and was towed - (1) I have AAA RV+ AND Good Sam Platinum (2) each time it left us stranded we managed to have a bail out in terms of getting everyone home.

We had one really great trip with it last year - headed down to SoCal and made some memories at the beaches north of San Diego and near LA.

Some significant repairs were done last year including replacing the turbo and exhaust manifold. The performance was great after this and it was much quieter than before.

At this point though, various electrical issues are popping up:
- fuel solenoid and related wiring are the cause of the frequent breakdowns. At least now I understand how to wire the fuel in the on position so we can get out if a bind in the future.
- Drivers seat electrical is out
- tach stopped working
- dash radio lost power

Long story short, it would be great to get a copy of the wiring diagram for this coach if anyone still has it available. I do have most of the original owners manual and will scan that at some point so I can share it with others. Not much in there as far as detail on the electrical though.

Is the electrical diagram still out there somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom
tomdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, monaco