Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

94 Dynasty dash upgrade

Here is one of the first upgrades I did to our rig. The original dash had many broken places along with the tv for back up camera. I used the old dash for a template relocating the gauges to better more visible locations. Also added new gps where the old camera was and added an aftermarket camera in the left upper corner. This was the first of many will show you all more soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	94552  
Redneckappco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #2

Where do you live , and how soon can you start on mine?

Looking great !
Old 05-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckappco View Post
Here is one of the first upgrades I did to our rig. The original dash had many broken places along with the tv for back up camera. I used the old dash for a template relocating the gauges to better more visible locations. Also added new gps where the old camera was and added an aftermarket camera in the left upper corner. This was the first of many will show you all more soon.
Wow what a beautiful job, what material did you use. I know what a bear of a job that was with the way the gauges and lights are connected to the dash I only know of one other guy that has attempted to change a 99 up Monaco dash and that was Rex Darley (RIP) and he was a super do it yourself guy and could do about anything, he replaced the dash in his 01 or 02 Dip ( I gave him one I had in my shop that I didn't need) he told me it was a bear. If you have any other pictures of the dash job I would love to see them. I replaced my driver side console with aluminum anodized black, I don't think I will be cracking it with the park brake anymore.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

I do not have any while making the dash, I did not find this forum till last week. The material used was called MaxMetal, it is used for signs.We own and operate a sign and apparel company. It is aluminum with a plastic inside and measures a little over 1/8" in thickness. So it was easy to bend and cut the holes in but rigid enough to make the improvement. The hardest part to me was to cut out the "idiot Light section" and install in to the new dash. In all it was a couple of weeks after work. Then matched the outer color of the coach in vinyl and wrapped it. Topped it off with a new steering wheel. While doing this I also changed out the rear camera to an aftermarket, and put back up lights next to it on a switch. Thanks for the compliment.
Redneckappco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
awesome great job!��
Dealer53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good job I'd like to order one please ! LOL
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote