Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #1

a.c.

my dometic front a.c. quit. It doesn't blow cool. Please help.
ryderred is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

If you click on the " Files " drop box ; in the dark blue bar across the page under the Google search box, and go to the section " Heating and Air conditioning" , you'll find a pdf that you can download " Duo Therm CCC " that has diagnostic checks for you to perform.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #3

Thank you.
ryderred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Mine quit last week. Blew nothing but hot air. Searching led me to a reversing valve. Went to look and the wire that controls the valve fell off. Quick fix for me at least
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
How old is the AC.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Mine quit last week. Blew nothing but hot air. Searching led me to a reversing valve. Went to look and the wire that controls the valve fell off. Quick fix for me at least
I know your reversing valve did not malfunction and it was just a wire but I never use the heat pump function of the A/C. I know some people love them because when you are hooked up to shore power it's cheaper than propane. In my limited experiences these roof top a/c's don't last as long as a home unit. Using the compressor for heat to me is just shortening the life if the unit. Maybe my thinking is backwards....lol.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
I know your reversing valve did not malfunction and it was just a wire but I never use the heat pump function of the A/C. I know some people love them because when you are hooked up to shore power it's cheaper than propane. In my limited experiences these roof top a/c's don't last as long as a home unit. Using the compressor for heat to me is just shortening the life if the unit. Maybe my thinking is backwards....lol.
I tend to agree with your thoughts. The roof top AC is so loud (even in hest pump mode ) that we use the electric in the aquahot or portable electrics.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:45 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We had to turn on our heater this morning....in Destin no less....lol. I don't mind paying for propane. It's very inexpensive at home.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #9

looked at a beautiful 2003 monaco signature yesterday. He had generator running and we noticed the back a/c workng great, but in the front area, the air coming out of the vents were not cold. Any ideas?
GBower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBower View Post
looked at a beautiful 2003 monaco signature yesterday. He had generator running and we noticed the back a/c workng great, but in the front area, the air coming out of the vents were not cold. Any ideas?
Is it a heat pump/AC--if so, it may have a stuck reversing valve.

Other possibilities are low on refrigerant in which case you can have it recharged or replaced. Most people will tell you recharging is a waste of time and money. A few have done it successfully.

Last year my 16 year old front AC was blowing cool air and was really struggling above 90 degrees so I replaced it. It's expensive, but you can waste a lot of money trying to revive a 14 year old unit.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to 67fisher Send a message via MSN to 67fisher Send a message via Yahoo to 67fisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBower View Post
Could be as simple as installing an "Hard Start" cap. Cheap and an easy fix for tired a/c's
67fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Welcome to iRV2.

If you click on the " Files " drop box ; in the dark blue bar across the page under the Google search box, and go to the section " Heating and Air conditioning" , you'll find a pdf that you can download " Duo Therm CCC " that has diagnostic checks for you to perform.
Thank You