Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Walt, my compressor is a Sanden U4756. Is there a newer upgrade version available for this model also?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Vito it looks like you may have a larger capacity already, i didnt change my compressor to the larger capisity it was another member of the forum that did the research for a larger capacity when his oem compressor went out on a 03 or 04 Dynasty .
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I need to ask about these universal AC compressors? Is it worth it to save $100 to get one of the universal compressors, or is the Sanden much better?

Can I have my original compressor rebuilt?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Personally i would not rebuild a compressor for anything i drive but i would replace a bad clutch, if its not from China i would think it would be just as good.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #19

the ac is now working i was able to source all the parts here in mexico including a Japanese compressor, with all parts and labor including r 134 the bill came to 14200 pesos or about 750usd no bad it took them about two days has the broke a line to the dryer and had to make one the work was done at our camp site

george
1996 Windsor
aventuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
My coach sat for over 2 years so I ordered a new Sanden AC compressor.
Where are the Dryer and Expansion Valve located?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #21

Vito, On our Beaver, the condenser, fan, dryer all all located up front next to the generator near the steering box.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Thanks
Vito pm me and i will send you the procedure one of our members sent me of a 2001 Dynasty air cmpressor, dryer, expansion valve installation procedure with pictures and part info on how to and where located . This guy did a good job on the write up .
Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Vito I decided to post the info
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2001 Dynasty AC Comp & TXV, 9-2009.pdf (1.59 MB, 69 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Walt, thank you very much!

Bill, I did see the condenser up front behind the generator (I was surprised as I thought it would be in the radiator stack). I guess I didn't look very hard for the dryer and expansion valve. Thanks
Old 12-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Vito it looks like you may have a larger capacity already, i didnt change my compressor to the larger capisity it was another member of the forum that did the research for a larger capacity when his oem compressor went out on a 03 or 04 Dynasty .

A larger a/c compressor is a waste of time if your goal is colder a/c if you are not changing to a larger or more efficient a/c condenser ......it is the a/c condenser that removes the heat and what makes the cold.

As an example with the a/c on......take a garden hose with cold water and spay the condenser on a hot high humidity day and watch the inside vent temp decrease dramatically and the high and low side gages will decrease dramatically also because you're removing waaaaay more heat from the condenser.

That same dramatic temp change won't happen with a system that has only a had larger compressor installed .... the a/c condenser is what get rids of the heat .....not the compressor.

Happy Trails
Old 12-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #26

Quote:
Thanks

If you a/c is working once it's charged and your chasing slow leaks IMO I would clean everything with brake clean first and add the correct type refrigerant oil with leak detection dye and run it for a week or so and then go looking for signs of the leak detection dye with a black light .... cheap easy and effective for chasing slow leaks.

Happy Trails
Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks RobRoy. I like the idea of using dye.
I'm trying to get the system to function as good as it did when new. They say aluminum radiators lose about 10% efficiency per year and that may apply to condensers also. I may replace the condenser with one of the new parallel flow units. Does anyone know what size condenser Monaco uses?

Found this 18" X 30" universal condenser on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNFP1830-AC...9VpD1D&vxp=mtr

Old 12-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Thanks RobRoy. I like the idea of using dye.
I'm trying to get the system to function as good as it did when new. They say aluminum radiators lose about 10% efficiency per year and that may apply to condensers also. I may replace the condenser with one of the new parallel flow units. Does anyone know what size condenser Monaco uses?

Found this 18" X 30" universal condenser on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNFP1830-AC...9VpD1D&vxp=mtr

I know you didn't ask for my opinion but changing anything on a properly
functioning mobile a/c system on you coach other than adding a second evaporator core will do nothing because the size of the area you trying to cool down is next to impossible because of its size.

Take a Chevrolet Suburban as an example that is used in automotive with dual air. It has dual air with 2 evaporators ( and larger a condenser in some cases ) that is due to the larger cabin size of the vehicle and more cubic feet of the area that it has to be cooled down..... your coach has 10-20 times that area to cool down.

I believe that making sure your factory mobile a/c up to snuff and is doing its job properly along with sealing up any air outside leaks is about as good as it gets ...and that won't be very good on a hot day without turning your roof a/c units.

I know in past conversations here at irv2 many have talked about methods to seal off the cabin area with sheets from the roof to the floor behind the seats and the likes and believe that probably would be the most effective method as to cool the cabin down with using only the mobile a/c unit that are installed from the factory, no matter what size condenser or compressor is used.

The a/c units installed on these coaches from the factory are designed to cool a small sealed off cabin area of a commercial chassis for the driver and passenger area only ...and not the whole coach.

Happy Trails

Tags
compressor