RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #1

A question for 45' Monaco Nobel III owners (2007 owners would be best)!

While I do know that "It is up to each person to find the coach that is most comfortable to THEM!!!!!" I still want to know...

This is specifically for forum members who current own or previously owned a 45' Monaco Nobel III - 1 1/2 bath. The question:
1. With the luxury and roominess of the rear bath, is it worth the loss of room in the salon and the kitchen and the shorter salon coach?
2. I'd be interested in also hearing from the DW and SO. What is your opinion?
3. Would you buying this configuration/floor plan again?

Thanks

Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
At first DW lamented the loss of countertop space, the '03 Revolution has 4' more than the Noble III. We now store a 2'X4' folding table in the closet which she uses as a kitchen island when needed. That has worked very well and she is happy with that solution.

Our floor plan has the computer desk which is a must for me. We can seat 10 comfortably but it's a bit tight. Overall, the galley/salon space is fine. We have adapted to it and are satisfied with it.

DW absolutely loves that rear bath space. We never planned to have a camper with a rear bath but circumstances caused it to happen & we do enjoy it. The king size Sleep Number bed and the large bath make it as comfortable as our stick house.

It is absolutely wonderful to live in considering all of the amenities. We spent a week in a tent on Lake Powell this summer, the Noble III is as far removed from that as you can get.

We plan on doing some long haul trips and the configuration is excellent for that. For local trips I would prefer a 38'-40' which is better for boonie camping. The little wheels on the rear hitch get a fair amount of use on a 45' coach.

Our dilemma is length. We are used to carrying a motorcycle, pickup truck and ATV which puts it over 70'.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Most of our "camping" is with Thousand Trails whenever possible. We especially like the Northern States like Oregon and Washington. We find the "shorter" motorhome to be more ideal for our favorite campgrounds. Getting 8.9 miles a gallon average on our 4,000 mile trip this last summer was a bonus. We are not full timers and I'm sure that makes a big difference. It is nice to be able to drive in parking lots like Costco's.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #4

I sure did not know Monaco made a rear bath model or I would surely have bought it. However more importantly , what engine, tire , battery condition?
Old 09-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The Noble III came standard with the Cummins ISX 525, mine has the optional ISX 600.

It also has the optional Air Ride Seats for both front seats, wow, they make a big difference on the bumps! It's like riding on a marshmallow.

Then there's the Vorad Radar which works in conjunction with the cruise control. When you catch up with a vehicle it slows the coach and when the traffic speeds up or changes lanes the cruise control speeds up again. It works great in traffic.

I could ramble on all day about all of the doodads it has.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #6

We have this model, on our trip this weekend the front mounted ceiling TV will not move the TV down- have you ever had that problem, any solution, factory couldn't give us a fix. Lift TV controller is now out of circulation???? Help!!
lthomas510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
http://www.liftmytv.com/
Call them, they made the TV Lift and have good customer service.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The controller is behind the center cabinet above the windshield. It is reportedly very reliable.

Is the motor running at all?

Tags
monaco

« New member | Brakes »