Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
ABS lite on 2004 Caymen 34 ft w/ Roadmaster R4R

Does anyone have a wiring diagram available for a 04 Caymen 34 ft w/ Roadmaster R4R ?

I checked all the wheel sensors found Ok.

The Fuse labeled "ABS switch' keeps blowing at Fuse box labled "MONOCO 4" in the battery compartment so I need to trace the circuit.
Pschweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #2

Although I have a 2002, I believe the fuses in the Monaco 4 fuse box related to the ABS system are the same.

Mine does not have a fuse in the ABS SWITCH or ABS BLINK positions. In fact the box does not even show a fuse amp rating at those positions either.

Does yours?

I'm not sure, but since SW and LT is indicated in place of the fuse amp rating, I believe those 2 positions are for diagnostic purposes.
SmokyPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We had an 01 ambassador with a similar problem. 2 things to check. The torque on the front wheel bearings must be over 85lbs and maybe the rear also, otherwise on a bumpy road, the wobble of the wheel will push the ABS sensor away and turn on the light. To attempt to turn off the light, go underneath and pull each sensor out a little, like 1/4 inch or so, then firmly seat it again. Restart the coach and get up to road speed for a mile or so, and the light should go out if it was just a dislocated sensor. I used to have to do this about twice a year or a trip down a washboard road. This all started after a RV dealer did a poor job on a 4 wheel brake recall on the RR4R chassis in 02. Hope this may help. Happy trails Bert
Old 09-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Matt - my fuse box 4 shows SW and no fuse rating and i was suspect of that but it had a fuse in it so i replaced it with a like 15 Amp but it blew immediately.

Jobert- I will re-try resetting the wheel sensors once again.

I could still use a wiring diagram.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #5

I have a wiring diagram for a 2002 Monaco knight has all the Monaco coaches for that year I think should be close its in a large paper 11.5 x 16" not sure how I would copy it. any suggestion 2002 Monaco Knight 30 PBD Allison 3000 Cummins 5.9 300 HP
buxtonworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
For what it's worth: I have an 04 Monaco Knight 38ft. It has full air brakes. A friend has an 03 Monaco Knight 34ft. It has air-over-hydraulic brakes. Another friend had a 2000 Monaco Knight 34ft. and it had full hydraulic brakes. I suspect there are different ABS systems depending on the type of brakes. What type of brakes does the original poster have?

Gene M
CadillLinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Somewhat off topic: Jobert mentioned tightening the wheel bearings to 85lbs. I am not a truck mechanic, but I hope he meant 85in-lbs, not 85ft-lbs. 85ft-lbs sounds like way TOO much.

Gene M
CadillLinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
On the torque of 85, it was foot lbs, sounds like a lot but that was per that axle manufacturer. I do not know what he torqued the rear axle to, as I was not standing there when he did those, but seems like it was the same. He had a trouble shooting book from both the ABS manufacturer and the axle manufacture looking at them together. Hope your able to locate your problem. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
Old 09-12-2018, 06:14 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Can you taken several section shots with camera or phone/camera and e mail to me and or post them here in the blog?
Old 04-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Its a hydraulic brake system w/disk brakes. Once again I removed and cleaned the wheel sensors but it did not help.

Tags
abs, roadmaster