Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1

Add Add'l Brake & Signal Lights

I would like to add some add'l lights in the back since my Hydralift with motorcycle seems to block some of the brake and signal lights. Anyone have any ideas? Just need to provide some better visibility to those behind us. thanks ahead for any help!

2004 Monaco Windsor with Hydralift & 1st Bike
2009 GMC Canyon with 2nd Bike
BikerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #2

Why not just set up another set of lights on the carrier and plug them in just like you were towing a vehicle
yardpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #3

I was thinking of doing that, but that requires another thing to put on, take off, etc. was looking for more permanent solution to just leave on the MH
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #4

Why do you need to plug and unplug them the lift stays on the motor home just leave them plugged in or bypass the plug and hardwire them in
yardpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
One of the POs of our coach added LED light strips as additional brake/turn lights. Vertical red and yellow strips on the rear cap and a "3rd light" horizontal across the back. Looks like a pretty easy install, the wires are run through the cap down low and enter the engine compartment where they tie into the coach's existing red/yellow stop/turn signals. Additional resistive loads may affect the turnsignal blink rate, from what I can tell the LEDs don't have enough load to speed up/slow down the signal rate.

The wire down the left side was a temp' XM radio antenna routed from the roof to the bedroom via the engine hatch. The wires to the lights are invisible. The horizontal brake light is just under the edge of the photo.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #6

the lift goes down to the ground; it can't have anything interfere this way. also, there are a lot of tie down straps involved that would prevent hooking lights up to this. thanks for the thought though
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #7

I like the idea of the vertical strips. think I'll go to Autozone today. thanks everyone. if I get a solution, I'll take a pic after with the bike on the lift and in the air

Tags
brake, lights