Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #1

Air Bag won't dump

The rear air bag (and maybe front bag also) on the driver's side of my 98 Signature is/are not dumping air when I depress the "dump" air switch. It appears that I have the "RVA 3 Jack" system coupled with the HWH "air leveling system" (8 air bags, no tag axle). My local service shop is not familiar with RVA and HWH systems and his phone calls thus far to HWH/Lippert haven't enabled him to proceed with trouble shooting.

So I am in need of locating a shop - since this job is probably beyond my abilities, unless I am mistaken? I am currently in central CA, but soon traveling to Las Vegas, Utah, Idaho and the then much of Oregon.

Does anyone know of and recommend a shop that I could have work on my air bag issue somewhere in Central CA or Las Vegas, Utah, Idaho, Oregon?

The coach rides fine, handles well, etc., when traveling. The jacks work fine and extend enough to allow leveling, even with the bags aired up so the coach is usable, etc. The PS bags dump air, no problem on that side, just the driver's side has a problem.

Thanks, Karl H - 98 Signature
KarlH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
KarlH, you have two dump valves, 1 for each side, and they are located in the rear, i think? Have someone hold the dump valve, and find the one that is dumping the air, and look across to the other side for the 1 that is not working. It may be something as simple as a wire off? They are not expensive, and easy to replace, if needed! Any truck supply store will have them in stock!
And remember, the MH will be dropping as the air is dumped! So putting some jack stands under the frame is a very good idea first, before you get under your MH!
Rail!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
KarlH, you have two dump valves, 1 for each side, and they are located in the rear, i think? Have someone hold the dump valve, and find the one that is dumping the air, and look across to the other side for the 1 that is not working. It may be something as simple as a wire off? They are not expensive, and easy to replace, if needed! Any truck supply store will have them in stock!

And remember, the MH will be dropping as the air is dumped! So putting some jack stands under the frame is a very good idea first, before you get under your MH!

Rail!

Thanks guardrail
Old 04-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #4

My rear dump valves are beside each other at the rear of the engine on the passengers side. I drove over a month with one of my dump valve not dumping until I had time to fix it. Guardrail has the right to find them. Mine are really easy to get at. Just take the hose off and spray some lube into all the ports, that may fix it or check the wiring and make sure it is clicking. The clicking is very soft.
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy70 View Post
My rear dump valves are beside each other at the rear of the engine on the passengers side. I drove over a month with one of my dump valve not dumping until I had time to fix it. Guardrail has the right to find them. Mine are really easy to get at. Just take the hose off and spray some lube into all the ports, that may fix it or check the wiring and make sure it is clicking. The clicking is very soft.

Thanks old guy. Aren't the hoses pressurized? Guess u just need to wear goggles and be careful? By lube you saying oil, WD40, silicone spray or ?
Old 04-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #6

I used silicone spray. WD40 should be fine. Safety glasses would be a good idea. It's a
really small line. I took mine off and the screws were corroded in, so it took awhile.
Mine were held in with
#6 screws which were corroded into the valve. I drilled the valve hold down screw holes out a size bigger and when I get a chance I will buy stainless screws so I won't have that problem again
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy70 View Post
I used silicone spray. WD40 should be fine. Safety glasses would be a good idea. It's a
really small line. I took mine off and the screws were corroded in, so it took awhile.
Mine were held in with
#6 screws which were corroded into the valve. I drilled the valve hold down screw holes out a size bigger and when I get a chance I will buy stainless screws so I won't have that problem again

Thanks