Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2018, 10:21 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Air Conditioner Model Number

Hi Folks,
We are purchasing our first class A, 2002 Holiday Rambler, Admiral, and we would like to replace the AC shrouds. I know these are 13.5k BTU Dometic Duo Therm ducted AC units. I removed the shrouds and there are no model numbers there. Could I find these anywhere else? Unfortunately, one of the few manuals I do not have is the one for these units.
Thank you
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2018, 06:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a manual for the Duo-Therm. See if this is what you have. There are part numbers given.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic Duo-Therm 630516.321.pdf (365.5 KB, 412 views)
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The shroud is available from many sources. I purchased mine on Amazon. Look for the penguin 2. Should be around $100-110
Old 09-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The model and serial numbers are on the underside of the AC.
I assume you have some kind of cover inside the coach with the air filter in it?
Remove this and the filter and you will see a white tag with the model and serial number on it.
For the shrouds there are two styles, the Brisk air full height AC and the Penguin low profile (about 9 1/2" tall).

A thought: You may want to test the AC units output temp before investing in a new shroud. A 2002 model is getting to the age when they will need replacing and a new AC will come with a new shroud. I just purchased a new AC from PPL motorhomes on sale.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
If your vent is solid...no cutouts in it then it's like the link above and I would suggest buying this: ICON Penguin Dometic Duo Therm Air Conditioner Shroud. $100
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Replacing a older AC if it's also a heat pump requires an extra board to make it work with your 5 button Tstat.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Does your Admiral have a 4 or 5 button thermostat?
If it's a 4 button, the button switches are problematic and should be updated to a newer model. The control board type in each AC must match the type of thermostat.

A link to a detailed post on how to change out a Dometic Air Conditioner.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/repl...ch-405503.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you for the responses. I may look at replacing these units as they are R-22 freon units - as old as the coach. We just brought it home this evening and I keep seeing little things to work on.. I am beginning to think my wife wanted this to keep my weekends full.. I am going to have many questions, as I will be learning about these coaches. Thank you..
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:12 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My shrouds mounting hole area cracked, plastic I hate it, and so I looked into replacing them. Was going to be about $150 each and I'd still have the problem of the plastic breaking again.

So it was then that I decided to repair the cracked plastic and used big rubber washers on the retaining screws.

I also painted the shrouds to match the color of my motorhome.

Occasionally people will ask me what I've been up to lately.

I say "Working on my RV."

They reply "You're always working on your RV."

"Yep. Comes with the territory."
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:17 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
. I am beginning to think my wife wanted this to keep my weekends full..
Dan
Yup. They will keep your weekends full, and your wallet empty.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:08 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
Thank you for the responses. I may look at replacing these units as they are R-22 freon units - as old as the coach. We just brought it home this evening and I keep seeing little things to work on.. I am beginning to think my wife wanted this to keep my weekends full.. I am going to have many questions, as I will be learning about these coaches. Thank you..
Dan

My wife says that our RV is hers. I just repair it, maintain it, wash it, clean it, drive it, and most importantly pay for it...lol
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air conditioner