Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Air Leak Fixed / 05 Dynasty

Have a look at the pics/videos at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oee6wvo4y...fmzVZYfVa?dl=0

Recall that I HAD a significant air leak that WE were able to isolate to somewhere in my R front air bags, hoses, ping tank, six pack loop. This was with the expert help and experience of Frank McElroy and Adrian Pappas. After days of soaping the whole system down with a garden sprayer full of soap solution, I FINALLY found several leaks in the ~1" dia hose from the ping tank to the R front/forward bag. The main leak was where some "genius" had routed the hose tightly over the edge of a gusset in the frame. This is shown in the pics and videos. I wonder how many coaches might have been affected by this especially since Adrian mentioned that he fixed a leak in the same hose some time ago and had heard of some others.

Replacement hose was easily obtained in about 10 min from my local NAPA store. I made the hose 6" longer which made the re-install much easier and quicker.

I GREATLY APPRECIATE everyone's help with this and hope that it may help someone else avoid being HOSED by this problem.<VVBG>

TBoone
05 DDIV
tbfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you got it fixed!
I'm chasing leaks too. I have not found anything obvious yet but I am dropping pressure overnight. I'll check that area very closely now.

Did you use a pump up sprayer with dish soap and water - or a hand held spray bottle?
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #3

Mine is apparently right rear... But it takes almost four or five days for the backend to set down on the frame. Then, another week or so later, the right front will drop down to the stops.

I've never found anything with soapy water. Neither has either of two separate attempts at two different shops. It's so frustrating when all I get back from a couple hundred dollars is "couldn't find anything".
Flyin4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've rerouted, taped, cable tied, and put corrugated wire loom over 30 points on the under belly. Just hope I got most of them. This is on hydraulic, 120v, 12v, air, water, and sewer lines. Miles and miles underneath. Many are fire starters and safety issues.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Glad you got it fixed!
I'm chasing leaks too. I have not found anything obvious yet but I am dropping pressure overnight. I'll check that area very closely now.

Did you use a pump up sprayer with dish soap and water - or a hand held spray bottle?
I used a 2.5 gal garden sprayer with spray wand with ordinary dish washing soap mixed ~1 : 4 . This made it MUCH easier to reach stuff and cover it thoroughly. Hand spray bottles are just not practical for this.

TBoone
05 DDIV
tbfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:03 AM   #6

Thank you for sharing your " FIX " and the details.

Happy Trails

Tags
air, leak