Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air level system motor/compressor

FWIW; I had a bad air level system motor/compressor on my 01 Imperial. I dug around here and else where and have located a source for any DIY people. The motor/compressor is manufactured by gd-thomas and their part number is 405ADC38/12. It is sold by W.W.Grainger as their part number 5Z349. Price is $373.25 + obligatory tax. Don't know if this will help anyone but it sure cured my problems.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for sharing, I'm bettin it'll help someone sometime down the road.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #3

Doug, you are correct on the part number and that you can get them from Grainger. I hate to have to tell you this but I bought a brand new one on Ebay for $60 about 9 months ago. They still sell them on Ebay but for a little more like $149
THOMAS INDUSTRIES #405ADC38/12A (AIR PUMP) 1/10 HP-12VDC | eBay

What caused mine to fail was sand, mud and dirt being slung up into the compressor by the tires. I had a local HVAC duct company build me a galvanzied box to fit over it to stop it from happening again. I put vent holes in the box on the side away from the tires and drain holes in the bottom. It was an open top box that I slid up over the whole unit from the bottom. I lengthened the four mounting bolts that come down through the bottom so they extened about a 1/2 beyond the nuts then drilled holes in the new cover and put it in place with nuts on those bolts to secure it. I hope it never fails again.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #4

I have one of these units on our coach and I don't know if it works or not.
How can I test to see it run?
Thanks, Iver.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Am I correct to understand this compressor keeps the air pressure up so coach will remain level for an extended period of time?
I have to start mine every few days to build air pressure to relevel. Just where is this compressor located on a 06 Exective?
vettehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #6

Yes, the air compressor supplies air to the leveling system if the air tanks get below 100 psi. MY MH will stay level during long storage. To test the air compressor pump the brakes to get the tank pressure below 80 psi then select manual leveling mode on the HWH Panel then push any UP arrow. You should hear the compressor run. They are not that loud so you may want somebody listening outside the MH while somebody holds the UP button down. My compressor is located just forward of the drive axle on the passenger side hanging from the overhead. Some MH they are located under the MH in the front by the steer axle hanging from the overhead. There is a single two pin plug that takes power to them and sometimes that power plug gets loose and that is worth checking. If the compressor does not run then you should also check the LED on the HWH panel and see if that comes on. There is also a fuse on that panel for the compressor. My HWH panel is in the large basement storage area on the drivers side on the overhead

Here is the manual. There is a good section on the compressor and control.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Leveling Tech Manual For 2000 Series.pdf (547.5 KB, 113 views)
Old 07-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #7

My coach has this same set up and Mike helped me before on how to test the compressor. Mike, thanks for the PDF file, very good info for troubleshooting if you have to.
Ron
Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #8

I haven't found my HWH panel yet. Not in the overhead of any bay. The inverter is in the overhead of the large bay on the street side.
How large is the HWH panel and what does it look like.
Thanks, Iver.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #9

Iver, the control boards/panels are shown on the last two pages of the attached PDF document a couple of posts up. I will have to go over to the MH and refresh my memory as to the exact location. I do know they are on the overhead on the drivers side. I believe you have to pull down some of that covering to get to them.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Topman, here are a couple of pictures of the HWH 2000 control unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	805e_1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	24251   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0379.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24252  

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #11

Iver the HWH box and fuses are located behind the inverter in the center section of the overhead. You will have to pull down that felt covering over the overhead to get to it.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #12

Okay, I will go searching.... I know what to look for now.....
Thanks, Iver.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I have been observing my now working (?) air level system. I don't get the 100 psi readings on my air gauges when in the level mode. It is more like about 50-55 psi after about three days. I know that indicates a small leak somewhere but I am not concerned about it as the motor/compressor seems to be keeping up nicely and hardly ever running at all. It is my thinking that the air bags don't require the higher pressure. I am using a level to keep an eye on it and it seems to be consistent. Please advise me if I am wrong.
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #14

I finally found the HWH unit. It was in the first half bay on the curb side on the overhead behind a drop down panel with a latch.
The whole thing is in a metal box. I can't see any led light on the outside. Do I have to take the cover off to see it?
Thanks, Iver.