RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Don, it is a little more involved than what I wrote. If you decided to fix yours then email me at mike.c@mindspring.com and we can discuss it further.

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
A few months ago I posted on how if I leveled my Signature with the HWH Leveling system using manual mode how it dropped on the drivers side over night. Also the tank pressure dropped pretty fast. I put big wooden pilings under the motorhome, four in the back and two in the front and I raised it up high so it was all under pressure and started at one end and sprayed all the air fittings with a soapy solution. First two things I found leaking was the bottom drain fitting on the tank. Just had to tighten that, then found the small brass blow off pressure valve leaking on the back of the tank on the passenger side. Bought a replacement through NAPA and fixed that. Then I sprayed the air solenoids that control the air bags. There are six solenoids for each axle so with a tag axle I have 18 of these solenoids. Many people call these six packs. Each six pack is divided up into the left and right side. The bottom solenoids release air out of the bags in the leveling mode, the two center solenoids are used in the Travel Mode and the two top solenoids are for putting air into the bags in the leveling mode. Well I had three solenoids leaking and bubbling up a storm for the front axle and three leaking for the drive axle. So 6 of the 18 were bubbling. Dumped all the air out of the system and took all the solenoids out. Then I built a test block that simulated being in the motorhome and put air into them. Well the were leaking from a place in the middle of the solenoid where they come apart and not from were they attached to the manifold. Each solenoid has three orings, two on the bottom and one inside. It was the one inside. Called HWH and they sell only the bottom two orings but not the one inside. They wanted me to buy all new solenoids at $110 each. My guess was that all 18 needed to be fixed. I happen to have a special wrench to take these solenoids apart and I found the inside oring hard and brittle and was causing the leak. Bought orings for 18 solenoids for $24. Replaced all three in each solenoid and tested them and installed them all back in the motorhome. So far the motohome has been sitting level in manual mode for four days without moving a fraction of an inch. My air tanks have so far maintained pressure for three days. All looks good but still testing. Based on finding these problems and fixing them and seeing the results the answer to the question should the air tanks stay pressured for two to three days the answer is YES, and should the mh remain level in storage for a long period the answer is YES. If your MH doesn't do either then you have air leaks.

NOTE, Getting under this 43,000 lb motorhome is tricky especially if you dump all the air out of the tanks and bags. Blocking up the front is easy but the weight of the diesel motor and transmission required me to put 3/8 steel plates on top of the blocks to stop the MH from sinking into the wood. I used 10X10 pine blocks for the pilings. Two pilings in the back is not enough, I had to use four to support all that weight for a total of six pilings. I also bought 2x12 boards and staggered them under the wheels so I could drive the MH up on four of them under each wheel. This alone raised it up almost 8 inches. Then I raised the bags all the way up and put the pilings under the main frame. (Not the suspension) Then let the air out so it settled on the blocks. Then I let it sit for two days to make sure it would hold before I got under it. These six packs are way up inside over the axles.
Regarding getting it up in the air. Did you use a floor jack during the process?

If so, what size?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, I bought 2x12 boards so I could stack them on the tires in a stair step then drive the mh up. I used four under each. So that got me about 6-8" higher. Then I raised my air suspension all the way up and stacked 8x8 blocked under the frame. Had to do four in the back but only needed two in the front. Layed 1/4 steel plate on top of wood towers then lowered the mh found onto them. The problem is to gain access area to place the towers under the main frame and not the suspension. Once all in place I dumped all the air and let it sit for a couple of days to make sure it was settled.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #18

I have a 02 Holiday Rambler with RM8C chasse and need to replace the shocks any suggestions
Thanks Mike

mmcroman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, tank