Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #1

Air system question

How long should my tanks retain air above 60 psi when I shut the coach down for a couple days up to a week? Is it normal after a couple days when I start it up the system has to rebuild air pressure back up. If it’s normal, where does the air go? Does it just bleed out through the brakes?
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #2

It is normal for the air system to leak down when parked for a few days, If all the air hoses, air valves, relays, and everything in the air system were perfect it would not leak but that just doesn't happen to often, usually the air will leak from a relay or valve that has a little gum or dirt in it causing the seals to leak. next time you park it will be a different valve or something. The allowable leakdown rate according to the DOT is 4 psi in the front and 4 psi in the rear in two minutes which figures out to complete leakage down to zero in one hour, check this web page for a better explanation, D.O.T. Standard Allowable Leakdown
Old 11-13-2018, 05:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Interesting, and useful. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Thanks for the good info. I think my system is within allowable standards
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mine will settle down in the rear in just a few days. The front seems to stay up indefinitely. I've taken to dumping the air when I park it so it won't tweak the frame.

Tags
air