RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Aladdin Acting Up

The Voyager monitor on my 2007Monaco Knight is acting up....or is it the Alladin? The problem I'm having is that the turn signals do not trigger the correct camera. I get a good picture from all of the cameras, just not the correct one. The coach does produce the proper camera when it sitting still. Once I pull out, the turn signals produce incorrect images.

I called Voyager customer service and he was baffled! .....said it was not possible! Has anyone encountered this problem.....what is the fix?

Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It's your Voyager monitor, not the Aladdin.

If you have the same model as I do, it has four inputs: rear camera, left camera, right camera, and auxiliary video (which is the Aladdin.) It's the responsibility of the Voyager monitor to switch views according to the trigger inputs. I would guess something came loose on those trigger signals, or the monitor programming has been cleared such that it is ignoring those inputs.

If you have the AOM-7694, the manual is HERE.

Page 11 of that manual says that trigger operation is normally off. Perhaps the programming did get reset, and needs to be set up again?

Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:10 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
ShapeShifter....thanks for your ideas. I think I'll try calling Voyager customer service again.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:38 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just to confirm: when you press the select button on the monitor, it cycles between the three cameras, the Aladdin display, and some split screen modes, right? When set to the Aladdin, selecting the rear view camera display (I think that's what it called) does nothing and gives a blank screen. Is all that correct?

If so, then when talking to them, you don't have to go into a lot of detail about the Aladdin and confuse things: as far as the monitor is concerned, you just have an auxiliary video source hooked up to that fourth input, and it's the intelligent monitor that is doing the video switching. The key is if you can go into the four split mode by pressing the select button on the monitor a bunch of times, and it shows all three cameras at once along with the Aladdin display, then the monitor is definitely doing the switching and the issue lies there.

I believe some older systems did put all of the switching logic in the Aladdin system, so if you have to use the Aladdin controls to switch camera views, then the issue is not the Voyager monitor, but I don't think that's the case with you.

Note that it is possible to disable any of these screen modes as described in the Voyager manual, so it's possible that the four split mode won't show up as you press the monitor's select button. The key is if you can use the monitor's select button to switch between any camera modes and the Aladdin, it is the monitor that's in control of switching.

BTW: I have mine set up so that normally displays the three-split view while driving: backup camera taking the full screen, with the side cameras inset into the lower corners. Then the reverse trigger brings the backup camera to full screen, and the turn signals bring up the side cameras full screen. I have all the other split screens disabled from the select button, so when I press select it cycles through the four full screen views (3 cameras and Aladdin) and the three split view. I don't find the two and four split views useful.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have an older black and white system. The monitor has control switches arranged vertically to the left of the screen. While driving I use the Alladin control to switch between cameras. I can select the camera I want to view, but when a use a blinker, the wrong screen appears. All images are good and I never get a black screen.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
While driving I use the Alladin control to switch between cameras.
OK, even though we have the same year, we apparently have very different systems. So I take it your monitor looks nothing like the one in the manual I referenced above?

If you use the Aladdin controls to switch cameras, and not any controls on the monitor, then you do have one of the systems where the Aladdin system controls the video switching. In that case, the Voyager monitor is just that - a monitor - and does not actively control anything. Calling Voyager for support will indeed be confusing as their system doesn't handle that.

Looks like you will have to concentrate on the Aladdin side of things, and getting support for that system will be difficult, at best. I don't know if they will be able to help, but you probably need to be dealing with Monaco tech support on this one.

My Aladdin system is quite basic, and it sounds like yours is much more advanced. I'm afraid I can't help you in that department.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:41 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much for your input and tine!