Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #1

Aladdin Jr question

I have an 05 Monaco Dynasty. My question is about the aladdin jr joystick located in the bedroom. I cannot find any info in the manuals that I got with the unit. Do you use the tv as your monitor in the bedroom area? I have tried all the inputs on the tv and cannot get it to view. Any ideas or suggestions?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Our '06 Endeavor has the Aladdin jr but we don't have a joystick in the bedroom. On your Dynasty you may have the Aladdin and not the Aladdin jr system. Monaco tech support is now open but I have not been too encouraged with their level of support thus far. Perhaps it will improve over time. You might try posting on the Monoco Group on Yahoo. Lots of expertise and I have seen many posts on the Aladdin and its various models. I'd bet someone there would be able to help you if no one here can. The URL is:

Monacoers : Monacoers

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #3

Thanks I will try them. I think I may have discovered my problem. I tore into the cabinet today and found a sd video cord to nowhere, Also a hole in the bottom of the cabinet beside the bed. I think it probably used to have a bedroom monitor there, but someone removed it.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Thanks I will try them. I think I may have discovered my problem. I tore into the cabinet today and found a sd video cord to nowhere, Also a hole in the bottom of the cabinet beside the bed. I think it probably used to have a bedroom monitor there, but someone removed it.
What a bummer, sorry to hear that. Maybe it's not a custom video card or someone knows where to find a used one. Bet Monaco would want an arm and a leg for a replacement.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 09-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Spider,
I responded to your inquiry on the Monocoers site. I also viewed the archived infor on the Monaco site and could see nothing that resembles a Aladdin screen. Monaco Coach Motorhome - Product Archive
As I said on my response there ours uses the BR TV for that function.
If it turns out you can't use the BR TV go to WalMart etc and get one of those roof mounted DVD players with the swing down display that'll accept the input from your Aladdin. Just make sure it's a flip down screen or you'll have to figure out how to invert the image! I don't know what format cable it uses but mine goes in on video 1 I think.
Ron
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
This felow is a responder on another forum for HR products but he has opened a RV service facility in Michigan just across the line from Elkhart In to try and fill the vacuum left when all the other mfgrs went out of business. He seems to be very Monaco product savvy and seems to have a line on parts. Give him a call, he might ba able to help.
Jeff Marner,
All 4 One Service
Edwardsburg, MI
269-641-8029
Ron
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #7

We have an 05 Navigator. The bedroom has a joystick and a small screen that attaches neat the joystick. Since it is located on my wifes side of the bed and the screen annoys her so I removed it. I suspect that is what happened to your screen.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #8

aladdin system

Well todayI removed the bedroom tv. No hookup for the aladdin system. I was able to try the yellow rca cable from the bed side cabinet and put the tv to video 1 and was able to get it to work. I originally though the system had a s video cable but that is not the case. I have not seen a connection like that before,guess it fit the original monitor that was removed. So now I just need to locate a small monitor that I can mount by the bed.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Try looking at overstock.com they generally have 5 to 7 inch LCD monitors that take a RCA video input. I bought one for my front Aladdin system when the original Weldex rear view system was replaced. You should find something for less than $80.00
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
This is a good 7" monitor for $85
eCOST.com-Boss Audio 7" Headrest TFT Video Monitor with Built-in Dual Channel Infrared Audio Transmitter - BV7HIR - Boss Audio BV7HIR (Mobile Electronics) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players
I got one for my backup monitor and it's real clear.

Dick
Old 10-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Well todayI removed the bedroom tv. No hookup for the aladdin system. I was able to try the yellow rca cable from the bed side cabinet and put the tv to video 1 and was able to get it to work. I originally though the system had a s video cable but that is not the case. I have not seen a connection like that before,guess it fit the original monitor that was removed. So now I just need to locate a small monitor that I can mount by the bed.
That's great news Spider. Virtually any monitor that accepts standard composite video will work, a few of which have been mentioned. You might look on EBAY, there are hundreds of 12 volt composite video monitors to choose from.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 10-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Doesn't your rig have a video selector in the entertainment center that allows you to tell it what to display on each TV? If so, try selecting "Aux" for the rear TV and see if the Aladdin system displays there.

That's the way ours works.