Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Aladdin mirror mounted side camera

06 Dynasty in signature.

Installed a new set of mirrors. Removed the working(intermittent and temp dependent like a temp sensitive open) side view cameras from the old mirrors, cleaned them up and went to test them before installation in the new mirrors. Nothing shows up on the screen for either camera. I can cycle through the inside, left, right and rear cameras, and the inside and rear work fine and the left and right show a blank screen with no fuzz or lines or anything. There is voltage to both cameras, at both the body plug and also the plug just before the camera that goes inside the mirror.

Nothing has changed in the system other than I ran without the mirrors on a couple of short trips before I was able to install them.

The Aladdin wiring connection sheet refers to a SW Aux output with .5 amp fuses 7 8 9 10 for the cameras. Again, there is voltage at the plug going to the camera. Should there be a voltage or signal on the video wire that is measurable.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks in advance for your help.

Have a great day. Happy Trails Bert
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 05:03 AM   #2

I would try a switch the outside cameras with the ones that are working and see if you have video. My video switch is in the center of the dash behind the plastic panel.
Jim E
06 exec
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #3

Use the google iRV2 search ...be prepared to read

I would start with something like ..."Aladdin Mirror camera"

Click image for larger version

Name:	arrow.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	142013

Happy Hunting
Old 10-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the search suggestion. I did, by the way, do a search using irv2 with exactly those words and did not find anything specific or help to pinpoint the problem. I will try using the google feature, something I was not familiar with, thanks.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have Intec cameras? I have a 2005 Panther in which I just removed the mirrors to restore the bases by stripping the chrome and repainting body color. Afterwards the cameras worked as before.
The cameras are only three pins as you know. I would double check the cameras to make sure they don't rely on a ground connection from the mirror base that you may not have in your temporary setup. That's my stab in the dark.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes they are the intec cameras in the chrome boxes. Today, I tried moving the inside camera coax to both the right and left inputs on the Aladdin computer and it worked fine in both inputs. I had thought about the ground, but did not try that, will try that tomorrow. I thought I might have a low voltage situation, so I also charged the chassis batteries. It has to be something simple as they worked before, just a little intermittent. What is the chances you might go out and plug in your camera with out the mirror and let me know the results if you have the time.

DtBt, I had talked to a Powdercoater, and he quoted me a very reasonable price to powdercoat the bases and the arms if I choose.

Thanks for the input.

Have a great day. Bert
Old 10-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, I have done what I can to narrow the problem down. When the Aladdin in on, I have power at both mirrors. When off, no power. Grounding the cameras made no apparent difference, either with a volt meter or on the monitor. I checked the continuity of the ground lead and the video lead from the camera stub end to the entry of the Aladdin box and there is continuity, but no bleeding over to any other wires. I tried the lead for the inside camera in the left input and the right input and it worked and showed up on the monitor in both cases as it should.
The only discrepancy I could find was that on each camera, there were different closed circuits on different leads. On one, the coax was grounded to case and on other the hot was grounded to case, leading me to believe both cameras may have a problem, but like said, they did both work intermittently before removal. Next step I guess is to contact Intec. Thanks all for taking the time to offer help and advice. I hope to let you know that there was a satisfactory conclusion to this. Happy Trails Bert
Old 10-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Intec says the cameras can be returned for inspection and repair, so that is probably what I will do, after the first of the year. Thanks for the input, Bert