Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
I just looked at your pictures. The wires on the socket all appear to be marked with their function. The switch only has two wires that are switched. These appear to be White and Grey. White should be ground. Grey should be the wire going to the Aladdin. It looks like there are two White wires to the same position - ground daisy chain.

The two side-by-side position connection points on the end of the siwtch are for the light. That looks to be the Yellow and Blue but can't say for sure as the back of the socket is not clearly visible. One of these should have 12v dc on it and the other will have ground to turn the light on. Don't know where the ground would come from, but would think from the Aladdin unit when it is powered up.

Perhaps you should call Monaco Tech Support again and talk to another Tech. Monaco always wires 12v dc to the operational unit and ground is switched to that unit by a switch. I know of no case where 12v dc is switched through a switch rather than ground.

If you test a switch in the OFF position and everything it controls is working, you should see ground on one wire and 12v dc on the other wire the ground is switched to.
Thanks Rex. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but when I test the continuity of the switch with a meter the only continuity I get when the switch is turned on is between the blue and the yellow wire.

So I guess what I am saying is I agree with your analysis of the switch contact point layout except that it switches the blue and the yellow wire. The white and the grey are connected to the side by side terminals.
No other combination yields continuity when the switch is turned on, perhaps that indicate a bad switch which I have one on the way. I am far from an electronic wizard and I appreciate yours and everyone else s help
mmulvenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #44

I am a little confused here. I have a 2004 Signature with an Aladdin senior and I do not have a switch for it. Mine will turn on with the ignition switch or when I touch a joy stick. I do have an Aladdin reset momentary switch above the driver. Where is this switch located and is there and writing on it to tell its function.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
I am a little confused here. I have a 2004 Signature with an Aladdin senior and I do not have a switch for it. Mine will turn on with the ignition switch or when I touch a joy stick. I do have an Aladdin reset momentary switch above the driver. Where is this switch located and is there and writing on it to tell its function.

Mike, check the pictures in my link above (post 36) and you will see a picture of the switch. Mine is located to the right of the driver seat in the instrument panel. Others are located in the cabinet above the drivers seat.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
My 2006 system (cameras and engine info) all is displayed on the in-dash monitor.
With the monitor not working the whole system is down.

It all works when plugged into my TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmulvenna View Post
Did that cause the rest of the system not to work? I don't have 12 v input to the Aladdin box from the switch. Pulling my hair out on this one.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #47

Some progress. I now have power to the joysticks. There are 2 blue wires that feed the switch. One goes to one side of the switch blue wire (call that Blue 1), the other (call that blue 2) to the yellow wire the other side of the switch.

When I ran my new 12v wire I connected it to the BLue1 wire and no joy there.

I changed my new 12v to connect to the Blue2 wire and I now have power to the joysticks. Did not have this before. So I have made a minor step forward. Still no LEDs lit on the switch however.

Bukzin, I will try the TV suggestion, that will take some digging as a new TV was installed and there are no cables from the TV to the Aladdin.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
To connect to my TV I just unplugged the output from the cheap video switcher and used a female to female RCA barrel adapter.
This is a temp way to test the output of the Aladdin (or Silver Leaf) system.

In other words isolate portions of the system to hopefully find the root of the problem.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #49

SUCCESS....now that the power was applied correctly the system has reset and everything works. HURRAY

THANKS to all for the ideas.

Still have no idea why the original 12v circuit did not work.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #50

New Switch arrived today. Installed and all is well including the LED on the switch. I was able to remove the rocker from the old switch that had "Aladdin" printed on it.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #51

Having trouble with my Aladdin Junior, not showing information on monitor screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukzin View Post
My 2006 system (cameras and engine info) all is displayed on the in-dash monitor.
With the monitor not working the whole system is down.

It all works when plugged into my TV.
Bukzin I have been reading all comments regarding why the Aladdin dosen't work. I picked up on your coinmment about "it all works when plugged into my TV".??? My problem is my Aladdin Junior in my 2006 Monaco Diplomat worked up until the approximate time I replaced my TV (above driver seat in center of coach). The red led light still remains on but when moving the joystick nothing happens which should bring up various information screens on the monitor screen. As for the monitor camera it works well showing rear and side montoring, also sound works too. Do you think during the replacement of my television I didn't connect some wire up there? I wouldn't think the Aladdin would work in conjunction with the overhead television but, maybe so. Your thoughts and expertise would be helpful. Thanks, Dean B
Dean B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean B View Post
Bukzin I have been reading all comments regarding why the Aladdin dosen't work. I picked up on your coinmment about "it all works when plugged into my TV".??? My problem is my Aladdin Junior in my 2006 Monaco Diplomat worked up until the approximate time I replaced my TV (above driver seat in center of coach). The red led light still remains on but when moving the joystick nothing happens which should bring up various information screens on the monitor screen. As for the monitor camera it works well showing rear and side montoring, also sound works too. Do you think during the replacement of my television I didn't connect some wire up there? I wouldn't think the Aladdin would work in conjunction with the overhead television but, maybe so. Your thoughts and expertise would be helpful. Thanks, Dean B
If you are referring to the red led on the joystick, does it blink periodically? I not there is a fault in the data lines that run between the modules.
Ron
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Most Aladdin Jr units did not connect to the TV. Their video output was routed to the monitor for the backup camera. Do you see your back and side cameras on the monitor? The Aladdin unit that provides the video outputs in generally located behind the dash.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #54

Thanks for the reply itdave. Yes the rear and side monitors work fine on my Voyager monitor. Its the info from the Aladdin Junior that I can't get on the monitor. The led light on the Aladdin where the joystick is light up. But when I move the joystick nothing happens.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherpilot View Post
If you are referring to the red led on the joystick, does it blink periodically? I not there is a fault in the data lines that run between the modules.
Ron
Thanks for the reply Ron. Yes the red led on the joystick blinks periodically. Still looking for results. Dean B
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
I only have one camera on mine. If the joystick isn't working how do you get the cameras to come on? The only way I could get the camera to display when my system was "frozen" due to a data line problem was to start the engine and select reverse on the trans buttons. It automatically went to rear camera then. If the joystick isn't working how do you get the left, right and rear cameras to display.
Probably asked and answered but do you have more than one joystick? If so have you disconnected all but one to see if that reed it up?
Ron