Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Aladdin System Woes

Just bought a 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter. Having problems with the tank capacities. HR service recommended unplugging the sensor module. I can't find where it is located. Anyone know where to find it. Also, I inadvertently cleared the calibration for the fresh tank - it now reads zero. I cannot toggle over to the right to put the number back in. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Ray.
rayzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #2

I gave up on the fresh water, black and gray water totals long ago. I think the in tank sensors get gunked up and quick reading properly. When you slide the toggle to the right when in the engine mode does it work? Or only while trying to calibrate the fresh water?
Old 08-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #3

As you know the Aladdin system is obsolete and no longer supported. Those parts will available are very expensive. Taking in to account that the tank capacity component was never very accurate I suggest you just replace it with a Sealevel or iSeries tank monitor system. They are much more accurate and have external mounted sensor strips. They have their own monitor panel and the one from iSeries has a programmable alarm. It was never convenient to have to fire up the Aladdin in the front of the coach to read he tank levels anyway.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #4

On my 04 Scepter the tank module is located in the forward most pass through storage compartment drivers side. It is mounted on the ceiling of the compartment next to the compass module. My Aladdin is only accurate for fresh water tank and fairly close for propane. If you are lucky to have received owners packet the cal. numbers should be in it if not the procedure can be found online.
Lakescepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have a 2006 navigator and our Aladdin system has cratered as well. Can anyone give me suggestions to replace it? Obviously we need tank readings, and the back up camera, but can anyone suggestio something to replace the diagnostics for the engine and coach equipment, batteries etc.

Thanks.
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset4k View Post
We have a 2006 navigator and our Aladdin system has cratered as well. Can anyone give me suggestions to replace it? Obviously we need tank readings, and the back up camera, but can anyone suggestio something to replace the diagnostics for the engine and coach equipment, batteries etc.

Thanks.
SilverLeaf has a direct replacement for the Aladdin system. See:

Aladdin To SilverLeaf Conversion | SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you so much!!!!!!!
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Angry Schematic for Aladdin for my 06 Monaco

My Aladdin was scrambled or some times its perfect..

I just pulled and checked all the connection, bad idea
now I have nothing but menu capability on the screen.

No Data, No Video

Any ideas?
Redsoxfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
we had same issues and thought our screen was toast. We took our unit to Elkhart and found the Aladdin modules were toast. 6k later old screen works fine. All cameras are great and tank sensors appear to be right on the money. Expensive but we are happy.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #10

Did you check the bedroom Aladdin screen? If it works all is not lost. I tried disconnecting power to the Alladin . That worked.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 AM   #11

Anyone know the cvost of the Aladdin replacement from SilverLeaf?
Alphamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
We were able to use old monitor. it was 6k.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
My Aladdin system is still working, but as everyone knows, failure is only a matter of when. Tank levels have never been to reliable. So we are scheduled next week at Silverleaf to have the Aladdin replaced with their system. I'll add some comments on how it works after we've had it a week or two.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
The Aladdin in our 2006 Diplomat was kaput and had been disabled prior to our purchasing the coach in 2011. The Aladdin dash monitor had been replaced with a Weldex monitor which is connected to the back-up camera and the side cameras.

Over a couple years I installed the following:
SeeLevel 709 tank monitor system. I put the SeeLevelpanel on the coach control panel where the tank level LEDs used to be. It has been a great system.

The engine gauges on the dash have never been accurate, so I installed Silverleaf VMSpc in a very small notebook computer and mounted it on the dash. VMSpc has a module that reads engine info directly from the ECM. The first version of the software was glitchy but they issued a new version that works well.
RileyCaton is offline   Reply With Quote