Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Ambassador owners, your opinions please

I'm current helping my parents who are looking for their first motorhome. We found a nice 2002 HR Ambassador 38PBT in pretty good condition with about 67k miles. We're aware of the trailing arm issue and ride issues of the r4r chassis. I've been working with the dealer on pricing and what they're willing to do. At this point in the negotiations we have new tires, trailing arm replacement, ride enhancement kit, and a broken rear door put into the price. To keep the monthly payments down we're trying to get it over 50k so they can goto a 20yr loan. So I suggested adding, a tow dolly, inmotion SAT, and a residential fridge with the added accessories(inverter and batteries). Maybe solar too if needed.

So to sum it up, they would have a 2002 Ambassador with, new tires, new trailing arms, ride kit, tow dolly, SAT,and a residential fridge for around 55k.

My question for you owners is, is this unit worth pursuing? Do you like yours?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #2

You didn't tell anyone the number of slides, what size the mh is and so on. I took a peak at the 2001-2003 Ambassadors for sale out there and looks like you have a few in the $50,000 range with less than 40,000 to look at with two and three slides.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does not sound bad but make sure the batteries and inverter can fully support the residential frig.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
Does not sound bad but make sure the batteries and inverter can fully support the residential frig.
Curious.
Is this for running the refer while traveling or if boondocking?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
2002 Ambassador

I have a 2002 Ambassador. It's been a good unit. I have around 48000, and never left me on the side of the road. Sounds like all the updates will reduce any issue you might have, or should add value.
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote