Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #1

An aladdin problem solved

While leaving Laughlin Sat. the rear camera went black with some fizzy white lines running into it. After remembering back to 2007,when a Monaco service Rep. told me to try and reset the unit by turning the salesman switch off and then back on after a few seconds of time----- And thats the story that worked for me.

Steve

SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Well perhaps not. Glad you got you system working, but the salesman switch in known to fail. Turning it on and off may have just cleaned the contacts enough for it to function correctly. One day it will fail completely. It is best to just bypass the solenoid the switch controls. That should be in one of your run bays. On my coach it is in the front run bay inside the large fuse panel. See the pictures below.

On some the cables are long enough to connect them both on the same terminal. If you bypass, remove the purple wire and tape it up. It comes from the salesman switch by the entry door and provides ground to the solenoid to operate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cutoff-solonoid1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	33757   Click image for larger version

Name:	cutoff-solonoid2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	33758  

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Well perhaps not. Glad you got you system working, but the salesman switch in known to fail. Turning it on and off may have just cleaned the contacts enough for it to function correctly. One day it will fail completely. It is best to just bypass the solenoid the switch controls. That should be in one of your run bays. On my coach it is in the front run bay inside the large fuse panel. See the pictures below.

On some the cables are long enough to connect them both on the same terminal. If you bypass, remove the purple wire and tape it up. It comes from the salesman switch by the entry door and provides ground to the solenoid to operate it.
All of a sudden all three camera screens have gone blank with the message "camera 1-no signal; camera 2-no signal",etc.
Have pulled dash and all connections are good and tight. I have a 2008 Camelot with a model 7694 Voyager monitor. Last trip out all cameras were functioning well. Any thoughts?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin47 View Post
All of a sudden all three camera screens have gone blank with the message "camera 1-no signal; camera 2-no signal",etc.
Have pulled dash and all connections are good and tight. I have a 2008 Camelot with a model 7694 Voyager monitor. Last trip out all cameras were functioning well. Any thoughts?
I also have an 08 Camelot. I have not had issues with the cameras, but on my 02 Diplomat, when I had troubles, I contacted RVCams. I have used them on several projects and they are GREAT to work with. I am not affilated with them except being a customer.

http://www.RVCams.com
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin47 View Post
Hard to get a signal if you don't have power I would suggest checking fuses first and then check with test light where they get power from.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #6

Here's the latest on the monitor..... This past Friday, took rig in for new tires and on the way home, turned right blinker on and lo & behold, the side camera was functioning!! Then, 5 min later, blank and message saying " camera 2 no signal".
I have had two folks verify all connections are tight.....i am assuming bad monitor??

Any experience out there with this problem?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #7

I don't know if this will help, at all. But I've had a couple of problems with our Aladdin that caused me to try to identify as much as I could about the devices and cables that interconnect them.

The attached spreadsheet lists the result of my searchings. I've not identified everything, by any means. And, I can't guarantee the accuracy of what is listed. But at least it can serve as a starting point, as it is a whale of a lot better than not having any information, at all. Some is from photos I've taken, some is from wires I've actually chased, and some is from information from Monaco.

As a side note, I occasionally have a camera act as you're describing, but it's always come back on its own, and I've never had the "no signal" indication that you are getting.

I hope you post your results, when you actually find the root of your problem. Good luck to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aladdin Connections.pdf (52.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #8

Ok. Took mh into dealer last month and the cameras finally acted up. They were not working the whole 2 hours dw and I were on the road to dealer. Pulled into dealership, turned on ignition to show service guy what the monitor was showing and wouldn't you know it, all cameras were functioning properly. Anyway, here we are a month later and the dealership was able to see the problem. They took out the rear camera and there it was! Seems critters had been chewing on the wiring!! Wiring repaired, problem finally fixed....Alaska, here we come!!

Thanks to all for your suggestions
Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

If the monitor displays "camera X, no signal" then how can the monitor be bad? The monitor is working just fine. The Aladdin video box has lost the signal from the camera.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #10

You are right of course. The critters chewed the wiring which made the signal from camera to monitor impossible.