Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #1

An Almost Heart Attack and Kudos to Monaco

I went to my shop this morning intending to change the oil on our 08 Dynasty. I fired it up and let it run for awhile to warm up the oil. Thought I should check the genset hours to see if I should change that oil as well. The switch to slide the gennie out is located in the LF bay. I opened the door and it looked like Christmas inside. Mostly red lights were lit, a few green and a couple of yellow. This is when my heart stopped. We are in Mexico and thoughts of doing electrical repairs here caused even more heart troubles!! I shut the Dynasty down, turned off the battery switches and then restarted. Same thing. I was sure it had something to do with being parked for a long time and maybe low voltage. Finally called Monaco Tech support. I was on hold for less than 3 minutes. Sharp tech laughed and said: All is normal. Those lights are on whenever the key is on. This was the first time I had that bay door open with the engine running. I thanked him , went back to the shop and tried some of the items that are fused in that compartment. Everything worked fine. Turned out to be a good day. BTW: My heart is always fine. I was using poetic license! Having Monaco Tech support is fantastic. I have called on other occasions and they have helped me every time. I guess in a sense we are not orphans
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #2

I am glad we have phone support and I'm also glad you did not have electrical problems south of the border...But then again, be glad you are not around here...we have an 18 inch snowfall coming in Wednesday...and just about 20 miles south of me they are still digging out of 2 feet.....although I would have probably had the same knee jerk reaction you did...we also have several techs who have branched out on their own that really know how these complicated machines work...so I don't consider us orphans at all...I just didn't like the legal mumbo jumbo that went along with the Navistar buy of the assets...but it could be worse...there's a lot of expensive Country Coaches out there on a few dealers' lots...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:19 AM   #3

moisheh, just out of curiosity is your shop in mexico? jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #4

tech support

the tech number I have is for a dealer?? can you post what telephone number you use for tech support? thanks glad it all worked out for you
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #5

Jim:

Yes my shop is in Mexico. I have attached a photo. Shows our Bluebird. I cannot find the picture with both the BB and the Dynasty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395forum.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2966  
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post

Can you post what telephone number you use for tech support? thanks glad it all worked out for you
(800) 450-6336

mcctech@monacocoach.com

I use them frequently. I have always talked to Bob Presson.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote