Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #1

Another Flooring Question with photos

Hey Guys,
We just had out tile removed and have this spot under the slide that we cannot remove. Has anyone had to deal with this and what was the solution? We are laying a 3/8' subfloor down but it will still be slightly lower than this lip. The problem is the slide roller is half on that old subfloor for about half of the slides movement in or out.

Jfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #2

Old 06-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Can you remove the inside bottom of the cabinet to reach the floor ? Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My opinion is you really need to get that additional old flooring out. If the cabinet where the drawers are doesn't have a bottom, you might try pulling in the slide part way in. You should be able to remove the drawers and rails (horizontal boards between the drawers) so you can reach in the cabinet to access the old floor.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
My opinion is you really need to get that additional old flooring out. If the cabinet where the drawers are doesn't have a bottom, you might try pulling in the slide part way in. You should be able to remove the drawers and rails (horizontal boards between the drawers) so you can reach in the cabinet to access the old floor.

I agree, I was able to remove the floor panel by removing the 2 inside panels. It looks like I will be able to remove it after all. I'll post some photos so if anyone else runs into this.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2017, 03:22 AM   #6

When removing my flooring, I discovered that Monaco used inaccessible areas like this to screw the edge of the tile backer to the sub-floor. It would be nice if you could access the edge of the tile backer through the cabinet base. I could not. My Endeavor has the PowerGear electric slide mechanism. I was able to open the slide about half-way and push the top of the slide outward to get some working clearance at the bottom.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:51 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
When you go back with new flooring and if you have rollers, insure that whatever you install goes back UNDER those rollers. Rollers do not like an abrupt edge to travel on. An abrupt edge can stop the slide from retracting or damage your slide motor
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #8

I didn't face anything that severe, but when I was still considering having the work done I spoke with Elite RnR in Oregon, and they said they had to raise or lift the slides to get the old flooring out.

I didn't use them (mostly because of the complexity of living in a motel for a few days with our 4 dogs), and I didn't lift the slides because I didn't have much overlap to worry about.

I think the answer is you have to jack up the slide from the outside, supporting it nearest the outside wall of the coach, and buy yourself one or two inches under the cabinet.

Good luck.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I have never had to jack up the slide on any coach. Newmar, does, however, give guidelines to work on their slides
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:27 AM   #10

I had a similar situation in an area that was not to accessible from the cabinet bottoms. I screwed a couple of I-bolts to the offending piece and a couple of I-bolts to the main floor and used 2 winch straps to drag that piece out from under the cabinets.

Tags
floor