Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2010, 04:09 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick1142 View Post
I may work at it slowly from the "top" as you mentioned. It would be fairly easy to cover up if it didn't work. Do you know the spacing on the framework (the dimensions of the opening in the framework)? I have thought about under the bed, but that isn't the most desirable spot for me.
Dick,

I have one of these and they work quite well:
Amazon.com: Zircon 60371 i65 OneStep Wood, Metal, and Live Wire Stud Sensor: Home Improvement

I purchased mine at Home Depot. You should be able to detect the metal frame with this. Practice on a side wall to get the feel.

Good luck,

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick1142 View Post
Jim. I checked the hubs and all were fine. By the way, I just looked at your rig in your profile, then went to check and see if mine was still in the driveway !

She's parked next to mine, I think it's a love affair. I don't know if it will work though, yours has the door on the wrong side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duet.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2282  
Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #17
rex

Monaco Owners Club
As I don't know the layout of your coach interior, this may not work. But if your bedroom has a night stand that is stationary (not on a slide) or other cabinet, you could possibly remove the bottom drawer and put the hole there. Yes you would loose the drawer and the hole would go into a different basement compartment than you wanted. I did this for a friend who had a different brand - not Monaco built - and it worked fine. All the drawers were removed and four corner holes were drilled through to the storage area. Then in the storage area, a saber saw was used to cut out the plug. He kept the plug so it could be reinstalled later should he sell the coach. All but the bottom draw were reinstalled and it worked fine for him.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like an idea to me and you may find that you can cut deep enough to mount the cat box without messing up the stuff below the floor.

However there are a few books you might wish to read.. Titles resemble "Toilet train your cat"

Yes, you can teach the cat to use the "throne" and forget the cat box entirely.

That said.. I've not tried it with our two fur kids.

But it is supposed to be possible.. Or so say those who have done it. check out http://community.compuserve.com/cats Membership is required however it's free, If you have an AOL name (AOL, Netscape, Compuserve or their Instant Messengers) you can log in the same as there.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Talking Yes....it can be done

After some careful measuring, testing, examining, and remeasuring, I decided to give it a try. The aluminum framework surrounds the area I wish to put the hole, so looks like no problem. I should finish up tomorrow. Hardest part so far is cutting the tile! Will post some pictures when done. Now, if the cat will just use it. Dick
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Place a small amount of dry catnip in the box beneath the hole once you get it done, I guarantee the Cat will use the hole. They're like a Junky with a Jones for the dry catnip.

Once the Cat gets used to the Nip (couple of days), start putting the litter in the box and with very little Nip (small amount once a day). After a week, leave the Nip out. Now they know where to go to do the deed!

Jim
Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
If you have a booth type table place the hole under the seat and mount a cat door under the table where your feet go then you could access the cat box from under (outside)