Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I pull the doors and drawer off the Samsung and then install the new heat clips I ordered. Clips are about 3 times as wide as the old ones. Fridge was easy the freezer required removing the icemaker but you just need to remove two screws and it pulled out after disconnecting the wiring. The old heat clips are pop riveted on so you have to drill them out before you can install the new clip. I stuffed a little paper towel around the drain hole and put duck tape on the back side of the rivet before I drilled it out to avoid it falling down the drain tube.

Now just waiting for my son to stop by tonight to put it in the coach. I'm getting close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download16.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	76611   Click image for larger version

Name:	download17.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	76612  

kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Posted wrong picture previous post here is the one of the heat clip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	download15.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	76615  
Old 10-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Best upgrade I have done also
Old 10-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Attached is a photo of the insulation installed and then a final photo of how it looks completed. It looks like it came from the factory with the Samsung installed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Insulation.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	77256   Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	77257  

Old 10-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I do have a question for those that have made the conversion. Did anyone try to anchor the top of the fridge to the sides of the cabinet? I placed two lag bolts at the back corners of the fridge and two in front through the leveling brackets. Note drilled hole in leveling bracket behind the adjustable foot so still have the rubber foot as well.

It's pretty solid with the four lag bolts but curious if anyone drilled into fridge at top to anchor the rear.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #20

Sounds to me like you are good to go. I only have 2 L brackets on the back side and have traveled over 5000 miles with no problem.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #21

Ken

Elite, the company that did my conversion for me, used "L" shaped brackets, painted black that screwed into the wood panel at the top of the Samsung. I believe that the "L" shaped brackets horizontal part screwed into the door hinge brackets on the top.

Be sure to not puncture the side walls and the top of the refrigerator. I don't know this as fact, but the pros that did my install said that part of the great efficiency of the Samsung is that it does heat exchanging not just through the back but also through the side walls and they knew of a couple of guys that tried to drill screw holes in the sides for mounting somewhere and hit the Freon lines and ruined their frig. Can't verify that directly, but be careful and look into the issue before drilling any holes.

My coach could flip on to its side and the refrig would not move. It is solid.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Ken

Elite, the company that did my conversion for me, used "L" shaped brackets, painted black that screwed into the wood panel at the top of the Samsung. I believe that the "L" shaped brackets horizontal part screwed into the door hinge brackets on the top.

Be sure to not puncture the side walls and the top of the refrigerator. I don't know this as fact, but the pros that did my install said that part of the great efficiency of the Samsung is that it does heat exchanging not just through the back but also through the side walls and they knew of a couple of guys that tried to drill screw holes in the sides for mounting somewhere and hit the Freon lines and ruined their frig. Can't verify that directly, but be careful and look into the issue before drilling any holes.

My coach could flip on to its side and the refrig would not move. It is solid.

Gary
Yes Gary, it has happened to several folks who tried to drill holes in the main body of the Samsung. A fellow on Monacoers ruined his new Samsung drilling holes to mount door keepers and had to purchase a new one.

The door hinges at the top have a plastic spacer that is about 1/8 inch thick. This spacer can be removed and replaced with a mounting bracket constructed from 1/8 inch stock.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Definitely not drilling holes in body of fridge. Not going to risk the chance of destroying the fridge. I'll look at the idea of L brackets on top front of fridge using the door hinge bolts but have very little clearance to work with.

Tags
install