Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 06:34 AM   #2031

Hi Team,

Anyone have a squeaky dash? Our dash squeaks a good bit when driving. In a few weeks, I am planning on pulling it apart and doing squeak elimination (as best I can). Looking for any hints or items folks might have done.

Thanks
Dan
vestadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 03:17 PM   #2032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel-in View Post
Hi Team,

Anyone have a squeaky dash? Our dash squeaks a good bit when driving. In a few weeks, I am planning on pulling it apart and doing squeak elimination (as best I can). Looking for any hints or items folks might have done.

Thanks
Dan
Just had mine up and it is very tight on each end so I would start there and maybe put a little leather protectant on the leather. That may help. The dash is hinged at the front and has 3 plunger catches holding it in place.
dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #2033

Radio upgrade

It looks like Jensen is the only system out there with a 3 camera set up and after researching, I found a Thor guy that added a separate monitor just for the cameras which allows him to keep an eye on hit toad 100% of the time and uses his Kenwood for stereo and Navigation. The reviews on the Jensen 9000 are not very good and it seams to freeze up a lot.

Any owners switch their stereos yet?

Looking for input.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #2034

Vesta and Tesla Truck

anyone else notice the Tesla Truck looks lots like our Vesta?

https://www.tesla.com/semi
Old 12-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #2035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel-in View Post
anyone else notice the Tesla Truck looks lots like our Vesta?

https://www.tesla.com/semi
My daughter calls our Vesta, the Mercedes of motor homes... Just watched a show on Nicolai Tesla... A genius but awful at business. Hence the reason one of our greatest inventors died virtually penniless.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #2036

Tiffin Owners Club
Just an FYI,
I went to my storage center on Friday to check on my little girls. I put the key in the lock but the lock would not disengage. Tried several times to no avail. I had to call a lock smith who literally had to destroy the lock and door handle for me to get in. I replaced the handle and lock with an RV Lock. It has a lot of great features like key fop opening and digital door code but it wasn't a walk in the park to install.
Moral of the story is: Keep an eye on that little plastic hook behind your door handle, because if it breaks, Your screwed. Luckily I wasn't on the road.
HerbieHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:34 AM   #2037

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieHauler View Post
Just an FYI,
I went to my storage center on Friday to check on my little girls. I put the key in the lock but the lock would not disengage. Tried several times to no avail. I had to call a lock smith who literally had to destroy the lock and door handle for me to get in. I replaced the handle and lock with an RV Lock. It has a lot of great features like key fop opening and digital door code but it wasn't a walk in the park to install.
Moral of the story is: Keep an eye on that little plastic hook behind your door handle, because if it breaks, Your screwed. Luckily I wasn't on the road.
Do you have model number and maybe a few pics of your new lock. Definitely something worth looking at seriously, since you are not the first to get locked out. Love the idea of having a fob. Thanks in advance and happy trails.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #2038

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1959 View Post
Do you have model number and maybe a few pics of your new lock. Definitely something worth looking at seriously, since you are not the first to get locked out. Love the idea of having a fob. Thanks in advance and happy trails.
If you google RV Lock, Its not hard to find since there is apparently only one company that sell replacement keyless entry locks for RVs. Go to product and look for class C/A RV locks. The price is $259.99 and general fits most doors like our. I like the lock but you will need to do a little cutting to fiberglass in the lock hole to get it to fit. You will also need to adjust the door guide arms for the space between the door and the jam.
I think it would have been easier for me if this was a project I was doing on my own terms and not out of necessity in the freezing cold. My only question is why would they use a little plastic catch pin on a door which is the only means of entry into our coach... Go Figure...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV LOCK Class A.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	187554  
Old 01-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #2039

Tiffin Owners Club
If you order the lock, My advice to you would be to order an extra key fob and a second set of keys... Well worth the investment if your planning on keeping the coach for a while. This one situation I don't want to repeat.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #2040

Took the plunge with the separate camera system. Going to put it in the indent for the existing Good Sams GPS that was installed or came with the unit on top of the dash over the radio. I got cameras with is even though it is the same 4 pin cable system just so I had an extra camera or two. If the mirror cams ever went out, adding side cameras will be easy to place and wire. I also got the trailer harness so I can put a camera on my Toad if I feel the need.

This opens me up to a lot of potential stereos with Bluetooth, app capability, and lots of bells and whistles now that I am not restricted to the Jensens. Every where I read, the reviews were horrible for the Jensen stereos and that pretty much helped in the final decision.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #2041

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieHauler View Post
If you order the lock, My advice to you would be to order an extra key fob and a second set of keys... Well worth the investment if your planning on keeping the coach for a while. This one situation I don't want to repeat.

The outside original door handle is square, does this new keyless door handle now expose any unpainted door frame? It’s a different shape, how does that look?
Old 01-06-2018, 01:17 AM   #2042

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO View Post
The outside original door handle is square, does this new keyless door handle now expose any unpainted door frame? It’s a different shape, how does that look?
The Base of the Key Pad is square, In fact it is alittle larger then the hole. That's why I had to shave some of the fiberglass off to get it to fit. If you go to you tube and scroll RV Lock Installation, You can see RVers who installed the lock and that may help you understand how it will look on an RV door.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:18 AM   #2043

Quote:
It looks like Jensen is the only system out there with a 3 camera set up and after researching, I found a Thor guy that added a separate monitor just for the cameras which allows him to keep an eye on hit toad 100% of the time and uses his Kenwood for stereo and Navigation. The reviews on the Jensen 9000 are not very good and it seams to freeze up a lot.

Any owners switch their stereos yet?

Looking for input.
Go to post #330 in this thread. I chose to keep my original POS radio to use for the camera system, and built another audio/video system (independent of the factory radio) to enjoy while driving. I chose an Alpine head unit w/ Navigation, DVD, etc. and couldn't be happier. The dash accommodated an 8" subwoofer (AND speaker cabinet) and amplifier .... your options are wide open if you go this route, too.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:33 AM   #2044

Quote:
Took the plunge with the separate camera system. Going to put it in the indent for the existing Good Sams GPS that was installed or came with the unit on top of the dash over the radio. I got cameras with is even though it is the same 4 pin cable system just so I had an extra camera or two. If the mirror cams ever went out, adding side cameras will be easy to place and wire. I also got the trailer harness so I can put a camera on my Toad if I feel the need.

This opens me up to a lot of potential stereos with Bluetooth, app capability, and lots of bells and whistles now that I am not restricted to the Jensens. Every where I read, the reviews were horrible for the Jensen stereos and that pretty much helped in the final decision.
Neat! How does the new system handle auto switch-over? Does it auto switch when you use turn signal and put in reverse?

Tags
monaco