Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #2227

hey herbie, the height adjustment is on the right side only for the whole front. loosen hose clamp and slide up or down, be careful not to tear the rubber boot. the shaft will be clean if you go up so you'll see where it was. up is up and down is down. it don't take much and it only adjust itself if engine is running and mode is travel, takes a min if you move alittle. if it jumps due to friction you'll see and hear it adjust quickly. be careful on the down part cause you'll be laying alittle under it!
MARKROMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerstru View Post
Very nice. What did you do with the latching mechanism? Was there enough cable to extend on your new drawers?
I removed the bottom Keku clips from the cushion face and left the top clips to keep the drawer closed. I built new drawer boxes and used 28" full extension drawer slides so all but the last 8" of the drawer comes out.
dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #2229

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKROMERO View Post
hey herbie, the height adjustment is on the right side only for the whole front. loosen hose clamp and slide up or down, be careful not to tear the rubber boot. the shaft will be clean if you go up so you'll see where it was. up is up and down is down. it don't take much and it only adjust itself if engine is running and mode is travel, takes a min if you move alittle. if it jumps due to friction you'll see and hear it adjust quickly. be careful on the down part cause you'll be laying alittle under it!
Thank you, I will check it tomorrow. I'm not sure why the height would go out with the coach just sitting but it will provide me a learning experience.
HerbieHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #2230

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerstru View Post
If you run the engine to build pressure in the system and it will level itself then yea, find that fuse. If it’s blown then you’re going to have to find out why. Could be a bad pump.
The electric air pump keeps your couch level while parked. It used to cycle on and off but recently I haven't heard it. It also use to run for a few seconds when I turned the power on from the battery disconnects. I thinking its either a fuse or a relay. I will check in the fuse box later today to see if their is a spot for it. As for the ride height, I think it needs adjustments. It may have something to do with leaving the coach with the air dump on all winter. It may have through the height out of spec..
Old 05-08-2018, 03:55 AM   #2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestadan View Post
Good Morning Team,

We have a small leak in our Vesta. It is right at the interior front corner of the slide. It only leaks very slightly and only when the slide is in. I have attached a pict of the water stain that it leaves. It is rare that we have even found the area damp. Maybe in a very heavy rain it might leak an ounce or two and typically has dried up before we check on the coach. The picture is the interior forward corner of the slide right behind the drivers seat.

Any thoughts about where to look for the source would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

Just had some torrential downpours here in Virginia beach and had a leak in the same front corner. Will be checking it out today.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:15 AM   #2232

Hey herbie, i had the problem with on board elect. Compressor fuse. I think it is #42 or so, been awhile since i addressed that problem. Problem was the pressure switch was located at the compressor between the check valve and compressor. It would bump on every few mins just for a second, just to build pressure in the line. I relocated the switch at the tank before the check valve to monitor tank pressure and not line pressure. It's the tank mounted under hood on firewall.
MARKROMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:13 AM   #2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1959 View Post
Just had some torrential downpours here in Virginia beach and had a leak in the same front corner. Will be checking it out today.
Sorry to hear you also have the leak. When ours leaked, the coach was parked with the front end slightly lower than the rear. I turned the coach around in the parking spot so it now sits slight rear end high to see it I still had the leak. We have not had any rains since to verify if that made any difference.

Once we get our coach back from the International Dealer (have some ECU ROM issues addressed), I will get back on trying to find the source. Please keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.
vestadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #2234

Hi everyone its been too long. i have a lot of catching up on reading all these threads. i do have a favor to ask, a while a go one of you sent me an email with the screw that i need to fasten down my dog house. i cant find it anywhere and the make shift wedge is not cutting it any more. i would really appreciate a picture or what kind if screw i need to buy to fasten it down with i do remember something about it being 3 inches long . thanks
Old 05-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #2235

$69.9K for a Monaco Vesta!

Looks Like someone got a good deal on a Vesta. Link says it is pending:

https://www.vogtrv.com/inv/2011-Mona...S-B1056156A11/

IMHO, at $70K these represent an outstanding value...
vestadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #2236

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Doghouse bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony O View Post
Hi everyone its been too long. i have a lot of catching up on reading all these threads. i do have a favor to ask, a while a go one of you sent me an email with the screw that i need to fasten down my dog house. i cant find it anywhere and the make shift wedge is not cutting it any more. i would really appreciate a picture or what kind if screw i need to buy to fasten it down with i do remember something about it being 3 inches long . thanks
Mine: 2 3/4" Long and 5/16" diameter, with lag threads ( ground down a bit ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bolt.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	202551  
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #2237

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry..... 2 1/2" long.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #2238

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestadan View Post
Looks Like someone got a good deal on a Vesta. Link says it is pending:

https://www.vogtrv.com/inv/2011-Mona...S-B1056156A11/

IMHO, at $70K these represent an outstanding value...
Wow! That is a really good deal... Now I wonder if there is anything wrong with it? Seems to be a little low even at a value..
Old 05-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #2239

Death Wobble

Well I got to experience the infamous "death wobble" and it could not have come at a more inopportune time. We were entering the Hampton Roads Bridge tunnel here in Tidewater Virginia and at the transition from road to tube, it cut loose... needless to say that I am accelerating the suspension modifications. I have a bunch of comments and questions and will break them up so I am not clogging the thread with a giant list.

Any recommendations and input is appreciated.

Suspension

Roadmaster RSSA or Safety Plus front stabilizer shocks. There is a set up that uses springs that pull the wheels back center but have been told to avoid that system.

Does the front sway bar set up work, and is it worth it or necessary.

Air bags seem to be leaking down in about 5 hours after leveling up the coach and looking to get the REK system... worried about limited leveling capability with the expansion tank between the rear bags. Not sure if there are back flow preventers to solve this issue.

Going to go with new Michelin tires. They are softer according to a retired trucker I know so they give a softer ride.

More to come and thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #2240

We towed our 99 Jeep and have questions and observations.

Used a trailer light set up and drilled the bottom red light hole for the lights. Question is that the license plate light and the third brake light do not operate with this method... Has anyone had issues with police because you did not have those two lights working?

I have to use the key in the ignition to release the steering locking pin to tow. How difficult is it to remove this pin? I do have a disconnect on the negative battery terminal so it is not a huge deal but I do not like leaving the key in the ignition constantly.

I have an even brake that came with the coach, and even though the jeep did not seem like a lot of added weight when braking, I am concerned about the mountains since I do not have an exhaust brake.... yet....

Thoughts and comments?

Tags
monaco