Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #2619

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKROMERO View Post
hey greg, the gates hd series belt numbers are K081047HD ENGINE AND K060696HD AIR COMPRESSOR. ON THE BREATHER, it it a redesigned one and they removed the filter element from inside and it has different passages to drip oil back into the head. on the old one when you unscrew the old bolts just pry them out of the cover. the new one turn upside down, all the bolts will fall but not come out. tape them with one piece of tape all the way around to hold bolts up, then slide it in place. mine barley fit under the frame tubing. tighten bolts evenly and they should bottom out and snug um!
Mark
Thanks so much for taking the time to give me those part Numbers, I was able to get the one but not the other. The owners manual has only the one belt.
I ordered the belts this morning.

Any tips on installing the belts, would be appreciated!

I'll get that Breather Box from the dealer, I looked at it last year and decided to wait it was very expensive as I recall. Then I found a replacement filter for the original unit.

Thanks again!

Greg
charndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #2620

Breather and belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charndog View Post
mark
thanks so much for taking the time to give me those part numbers, i was able to get the one but not the other. The owners manual has only the one belt.
I ordered the belts this morning.

Any tips on installing the belts, would be appreciated!

I'll get that breather box from the dealer, i looked at it last year and decided to wait it was very expensive as i recall. Then i found a replacement filter for the original unit.

Thanks again!

Greg
hey greg, ur welcome.....that breather is like $250.00. The tech bulletin i read said it was very important to change it to the updated version. It can clog up and blow the front or rear crank seals. That is why the element was removed and bafles were put inside to catch oil and still breathe through. The belts were pretty easy to change from bottom with a long flex head 1/2 drive ratchet. There is a routing diagram on your manual. Make sure all ribs on belt are lined up before starting. It would help having an assistant, i.e. Wife, to hold the top of the belt on pulley under the hood while you're lining up from the bottom. Oh yea....air up front end to get under. Let me know if you need moral support on wife thing.
MARKROMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:07 AM   #2621

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKROMERO View Post
hey greg, ur welcome.....that breather is like $250.00. The tech bulletin i read said it was very important to change it to the updated version. It can clog up and blow the front or rear crank seals. That is why the element was removed and bafles were put inside to catch oil and still breathe through. The belts were pretty easy to change from bottom with a long flex head 1/2 drive ratchet. There is a routing diagram on your manual. Make sure all ribs on belt are lined up before starting. It would help having an assistant, i.e. Wife, to hold the top of the belt on pulley under the hood while you're lining up from the bottom. Oh yea....air up front end to get under. Let me know if you need moral support on wife thing.
Ten four on the Breather Box, I found one PN. 7085773C92, for $232 (Creative Bus Sales, Inc.) The dealer IH wanted $320.
I agree, the LAST thing you'd want is the crankcase venting to be plugged, Ugly.
I read that the ECU needs to be told to stop bringing up the service reminder on the breather. Probably 30 to 40K Miles. I guess I'll worry about that when it happens. Is that something you can fix?

Yeah, on the belts, I guess when I was looking at that, I was afraid of trying to snake the belt on and off around the Fan and Shroud. Then being carful not to get under there without the jack stands, horror stories about the air blowing off and getting killed by your Motor Home, come to mind. Really Ugly!

Thanks again, Oh, on the Wife thing, FYI I am blessed with a beautiful Wife that just happens to be an Operating Room Scrub Nurse, when she's not handing me tools and helping out she's honing her skills at the hospital, making sure the surgeons have what they need. How cool is that!

Regards,
Greg
P.S. I'm going to try sending you an Email, keep a look out.
charndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:10 AM   #2622

belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charndog View Post
Ten four on the Breather Box, I found one PN. 7085773C92, for $232 (Creative Bus Sales, Inc.) The dealer IH wanted $320.
I agree, the LAST thing you'd want is the crankcase venting to be plugged, Ugly.
I read that the ECU needs to be told to stop bringing up the service reminder on the breather. Probably 30 to 40K Miles. I guess I'll worry about that when it happens. Is that something you can fix?

Yeah, on the belts, I guess when I was looking at that, I was afraid of trying to snake the belt on and off around the Fan and Shroud. Then being carful not to get under there without the jack stands, horror stories about the air blowing off and getting killed by your Motor Home, come to mind. Really Ugly!

Thanks again, Oh, on the Wife thing, FYI I am blessed with a beautiful Wife that just happens to be an Operating Room Scrub Nurse, when she's not handing me tools and helping out she's honing her skills at the hospital, making sure the surgeons have what they need. How cool is that!

Regards,
Greg
P.S. I'm going to try sending you an Email, keep a look out.
hey greg, ten four on the wifey thing....you are blessed for sure! you do not have to go around the fan blade at all. you just have to pass through top of pulley to feed to the rt side. if i remember right put belt on tensioner and leave off the alternator till you pull tensioner. i think you can this. the compressor belt drives only the compressor, an idler and tensioner. thats the one you need help holding on the compressor. it is a short belt and if noone is holding everytime you move the belt it falls off the compressor.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #2623

Electrical Schematics

Does anyone have the electrical schematics/drawing for a 2012 35' Vesta.
My main living room slide has quit working. Have voltage to motor when I push the out button but nothing happens plus I hear a contact pickup behind the pantry. When I push the in button, no voltage and cannot hear contact pick up. Installed new contact and still will not pick up. Cannot find where power for slide comes from. Please help if possible.
JLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #2624

Maintenance light

Quote:
Originally Posted by markromero View Post
hey greg, ten four on the wifey thing....you are blessed for sure! You do not have to go around the fan blade at all. You just have to pass through top of pulley to feed to the rt side. If i remember right put belt on tensioner and leave off the alternator till you pull tensioner. I think you can this. The compressor belt drives only the compressor, an idler and tensioner. Thats the one you need help holding on the compressor. It is a short belt and if noone is holding everytime you move the belt it falls off the compressor.
greg, the maintenance intervals can be turned off or set at whatever mileage you want but it has to be done with navistar software.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #2625

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Anyone in Az, at the Quartzsite RV show?
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #2626

How do you remove dog house on a 2011 vesta
Aerotarrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:15 AM   #2627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotarrant View Post
How do you remove dog house on a 2011 vesta

There's a flathead screw with a head about the size of a dime that sits dead center and only about an inch off of the floor that you simply unscrew and then pull back on the doghouse. The screen may be hidden by carpet but you should be able to see it or feel it if you get down on the floor and search for it.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:06 AM   #2628

Thanks again
Aerotarrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #2629

Hello everyone . does anyone know where I can buy one of those fastener for the dog house ?
Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 AM   #2630

Can someone explain the "System Heat" switch that's located on the side of the cabinet between the sink and stove? I'm not sure what it's supposed to turn on or off and mine doesn't ever light up in either position.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:26 PM   #2631

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OspreyHD View Post
Can someone explain the "System Heat" switch that's located on the side of the cabinet between the sink and stove? I'm not sure what it's supposed to turn on or off and mine doesn't ever light up in either position.
That is the heat for the water tanks to keep them from freezing. It is a 12 volt heat strip or pad underneath the tanks. Your light bulb may be burned out or someone has pulled the fuse at the distribution panel trying to save power. That switch is in a really dumb location and can be turned on accidentally. I have mine blocked so kiddos or just leaning against will not turn on.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #2632

Dog house

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotarrant View Post
how do you remove dog house on a 2011 vesta
also remove the cup holders and there is a phillips head screw uner them to remove the top first or you will bend or break the brackets that tuck under frt of hood. You can't put it back on with the cup holders frame in place.

Tags
monaco