Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #2801

Recommend ordering up spare coils for solenoids I have 4 on hand also recommend building a rain/shield to protect solenoids from water spray while driving.
Gypsy Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #2802

Follow-up on Non-Start Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah35 View Post
Currently have a "gremlin" in my 2012 35 Vesta. Won't start if you let it complete the function checks when I turn the ignition on. If you turn it back off and then turn the key to start position without letting it go thru the function checks it will start! Without a wiring diagram I'm pulling to much hair out guys! Any ideas on where to get one?
Thanks in advance,
Thought I would share the Resolution for the Non-Start issue I had last month. First, a big thanks to all that responded with schematics and other suggestions!! The schematics were very helpful. The symptoms were as follows, Turn ignition on, system would go through function checks as normal. When turned to start position there was absolutely no actuation of the starter or solenoid. There were no faults or codes. Batteries were at 13.4 volts. After several tries to start in correct sequence, I turned the ignition from the off position directly to the start position before it could go through the function checks. It started right up!! Without boring you with all the details of about 10 days of testing circuits, continuity, etc., it came down to the transmission control module (TCM) sending a weak voltage to a relay. New TCM plus programming $1700.
Again, Thanks to All that assisted with advice.
Casbah35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:28 AM   #2803

Got mine in at camping world now they just fixed my slide with new parts
Aerotarrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #2804

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yaakbilly,
Yes, solar is a nice thing. I just installed two Renogy panels (200watts) and it is a very nice thing to have. I don't have to 'plug in' when stored a home, keeps batteries fully charged and is great while boon docking. I have a small external inverter from Harbor Frt. to use with some small tools and charging stuff outside the coach.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #2805

Monaco Owners Club
Solinoid shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Couple View Post
Recommend ordering up spare coils for solenoids I have 4 on hand also recommend building a rain/shield to protect solenoids from water spray while driving.
I did the same thing ( posted this way back last year ). I made one out of a plastic container from Costco, it had biscotti in it. I cut slots for the hydraulic lines and electrical, drilled some holes in the bottom and zip tied it up under the solenoid block at the rear axle.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #2806

Monaco Owners Club
Schwintek slides: I noticed on a recent outing that there are some RVs with triple gear racks on each end of the slide, two on top and one on the bottom. Looks like they install the triple on longer slides, full wall etc. I'm wondering if that would be a good fix if we need to replace the whole mechanism. The added gear rack on the top should be the ultimate fix.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:52 PM   #2807

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpco View Post
James that is my belief also, but here are times it would be nice not to have to run on MaxAir. I came back from Colorado mountains yesterday and I tried running on vent for a while, but even though outside temps were in the 60s the vent temps quickly moved me to push to max air. i am going to pursue this with My dealer and Monaco. Maybe if they hear from enough of us they will get the message. Dave has the fix and apparently it works great so it's really just a matter of Monaco implementing a proven fix and satisfying their customers.
Hi ORPCO, I installed the last Monaco factory cold air kit in my 2011 vesta years ago and it helped a little but didn’t solve the problem, getting cold air to blow when it’s super hot outside. The RV dash AC lowers the inside temp from outside temp about 20* to 30* My RV is based in Palm Springs and this week it was 116* degrees outside so at best it would be 80* to 90* in the cab with max or normal dash A/C on. So what I do is set both my rooftop A/C to 76* and kick the generator on while driving in the high heat areas. Been doing this for 6 years now and I’m never hot while driving. Problem solved, don’t waste your money and time on the Colton Truck fabricating of a cold air intake. My opinion though....
Old 06-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #2808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg495 View Post
Schwintek slides: I noticed on a recent outing that there are some RVs with triple gear racks on each end of the slide, two on top and one on the bottom. Looks like they install the triple on longer slides, full wall etc. I'm wondering if that would be a good fix if we need to replace the whole mechanism. The added gear rack on the top should be the ultimate fix.
The new kits I received from manufacturer work great with the lower gearing and higher torque motors it pushes and pulls perfectly. No need for more tracks I’m sure more vesta owners will start experience slide failures in the coming years. Usually these Wear parts go out around the same time. I have a 2011 with 36k miles
Old 06-13-2019, 11:37 PM   #2809

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Couple View Post
Hi ORPCO, I installed the last Monaco factory cold air kit in my 2011 vesta years ago and it helped a little but didn’t solve the problem, getting cold air to blow when it’s super hot outside. The RV dash AC lowers the inside temp from outside temp about 20* to 30* My RV is based in Palm Springs and this week it was 116* degrees outside so at best it would be 80* to 90* in the cab with max or normal dash A/C on. So what I do is set both my rooftop A/C to 76* and kick the generator on while driving in the high heat areas. Been doing this for 6 years now and I’m never hot while driving. Problem solved, don’t waste your money and time on the Colton Truck fabricating of a cold air intake. My opinion though....
Thank you for the post. We have been contemplating the cold air modification.
However, we live on the Texas coast which has pretty mild temps compared to yours so we will follow your advice on our trip tot he west coast this summer.
yaakbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:48 PM   #2810

Monaco Owners Club
Is there an IRV Monaco or Vesta group? I looked at the IRV groups that are displayed and did not see one.
We have a 2012 Monaco Vesta 35pbd and have found the posts in this thread very helpful. We also found the posts in the MaxxForce Engine thread very encouraging because we have been trying to understand the Regen process.
Thank you.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:16 PM   #2811

Monaco Owners Club
Add a ladder to Vesta 35pbd? We love the looks of the Vesta but we miss the ladder we usually have on the back of a MH, Has anyone added a ladder to their Vesta? Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #2812

Monaco Owners Club
Ladder issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaakbilly View Post
Add a ladder to Vesta 35pbd? We love the looks of the Vesta but we miss the ladder we usually have on the back of a MH, Has anyone added a ladder to their Vesta? Any suggestions?
Thank you.
The rear cap on the Trip/Vesta models are just fiberglass with no support under them. You would not be able to step on the rear portion of the cap roof area without serious damage. Not to mention there will be no place to mount the upper supports of the ladder to the roof.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #2813

Monaco Owners Club
Traveling with A/C. We also travel with the front roof Air running in hot weather. We close the rear vents and the sliding door just past the refrigerator. We just got back from a trip which was 102- 105 here in CA and with the dash air on Max (recirculating ) and one roof air running.... it was good.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #2814

Monaco Owners Club
This is the best link to Vesta/Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaakbilly View Post
Is there an IRV Monaco or Vesta group? I looked at the IRV groups that are displayed and did not see one.
We have a 2012 Monaco Vesta 35pbd and have found the posts in this thread very helpful. We also found the posts in the MaxxForce Engine thread very encouraging because we have been trying to understand the Regen process.
Thank you.
You've found it. There is another site on delphiforums that Hippiedave started a short time ago. He and I are the only ones participating tho. You might check it out.
This thread is the best one around and I've put it in my 'subscribed threads' so I can jump to it after logging in.
There are some previous posts that help you with understanding the Regen process, most important of which is " keep the engine idle time to a minimum".

Tags
monaco