RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #2857

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaDave View Post
This issue may relate to emissions and wonít resolve itself. Had something like this occur to me last year. The problem was that the ECM was reading a turbo over boost. Hence the yellow triangle and the engine derated. The turbo solenoid had to be replaced. The part wasnít expensive but with labor it cost $1600. Hopefully, your issue will be less expensive.
I'm headed home today and she goes into the shop Monday... I'll find out then.. I'll mention the solenoid to the tech..
Thanks

HerbieHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #2858

Triangle light and reduced power

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieHauler View Post
I'm headed home today and she goes into the shop Monday... I'll find out then.. I'll mention the solenoid to the tech..
Thanks
We are having intermittent Triangle light and reduced power issues while on a trip from Corpus Christi, Tx to Portland, Oregon via New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Washington State and the Oregon gorge.
The issue is currently occurring while climbing steep grades especially in warm weather and it is severe, the coach will sometimes slow down to 35mph.

When not experiencing steep grades the coach runs fine.

yaakbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #2859

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaakbilly View Post
We are having intermittent Triangle light and reduced power issues while on a trip from Corpus Christi, Tx to Portland, Oregon via New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Washington State and the Oregon gorge.
The issue is currently occurring while climbing steep grades especially in warm weather and it is severe, the coach will sometimes slow down to 35mph.

I forgot to mention that we had a blowout on the passenger front tire on July 4 that appeared to crack the housing on a round cylinder just above the wheel well.

The tire dealer only had Toyo Tires and earlier IRV posts had recommended them so we had 2 front tires installed. We never had a death wobble and think we ran over some debri on the very hot road.
yaakbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:32 AM   #2860

Quote:

Yaakbilly,
If it is only occurring on steep grades, it could be the coolant level in the reserve tank. There is a sensor in the tank that will turn on the Triangle if it senses the coolant level is low. The steep grade may be just enough to cause the sensor to lose contact with the coolant fluid in the reserve tank due to angle. May not be your problem, but it is something to check that is simple and inexpensive to correct.
Good Luck!
Casbah35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #2861

Quote:
I forgot to mention that we had a blowout on the passenger front tire on July 4 that appeared to crack the housing on a round cylinder just above the wheel well.

The tire dealer only had Toyo Tires and earlier IRV posts had recommended them so we had 2 front tires installed. We never had a death wobble and think we ran over some debri on the very hot road.
I bet your still running at reduced power even when not on the hills.. I drove my coach back from Florida to Philly with that light on and off and it still ran different. I can tell she wasn't at full power and even my engine brake wasn't as strong as normal. I think it has something to do with over heating and the turbo solenoid that was mention earlier.. My coach goes in the shop next week and I will try to pull the codes later today.
HerbieHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #2862

Slide motor removal

Are the slide motors removed from the inside or outside?
Old 07-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #2863

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OspreyHD View Post
Are the slide motors removed from the inside or outside?
From the inside. Watch this: https://youtu.be/jNWAvb_dq1c
Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #2864

Inside and not easy on the 32’ especially the side closest to the tv. I believe you need to drill out the rivets holding the thin flat trim and that’s the hardest part. Trying to fit your drill back behind the flange of the slide. Then you need to pop riviet it back on once finished. Very difficult
Good luck!
Gypsy Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Couple View Post
Inside and not easy on the 32í especially the side closest to the tv. I believe you need to drill out the rivets holding the thin flat trim and thatís the hardest part. Trying to fit your drill back behind the flange of the slide. Then you need to pop riviet it back on once finished. Very difficult
Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a few pics of my progress.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #2866

Took me about an hour the first time at the campsite from the outside and that included sliding the picnic table over to support the slide with my bottle jack. You have to pull the extrusion back to get to it. It was initially just a poor connection however did not have phase signal so operated it with jogging the motors. Later pulled it apart and rung out the wires and broken wires so soldered and heat shrunk. Worked great however recently lost phase signal again. Oh well.

Motor retention screw is facing the outside of the coach on mine. Didn't even mention a motor retention screw on that 2014 video. You would have to pull the wood face trim off to do anything with the slide out on a 32
Big Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #2867

I didn’t need to pull the wood trim on my 32’ but it was extremely tight. You are correct about the one screw for the motor being on the outside. I had to replace the entire slide assembly on both sides ( new tracks, uprights and motors for each side) when I was having problems with the slide binding up while trying to close it / bring it in. Works great now. I’d imagine that people are going to start experiencing failures because my failure was a ware issue. 2011 Vesta 40,000 miles
Gypsy Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #2868

slide out motor issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dreamer View Post
Took me about an hour the first time at the campsite from the outside and that included sliding the picnic table over to support the slide with my bottle jack. You have to pull the extrusion back to get to it. It was initially just a poor connection however did not have phase signal so operated it with jogging the motors. Later pulled it apart and rung out the wires and broken wires so soldered and heat shrunk. Worked great however recently lost phase signal again. Oh well.

Motor retention screw is facing the outside of the coach on mine. Didn't even mention a motor retention screw on that 2014 video. You would have to pull the wood face trim off to do anything with the slide out on a 32
hey big dreamer, the problem with mine was someone removed the retention screws and resealed or replaced the rubber weather strip. put a longer screw on the front like it was to hold rubber strip but was too long got into the sensor plate and ended up breaking the sensor. i changed the motor, which was the front one, had to cut a slot on the inside frame to remove motor. i had no pre-cut slot like the video. i noticed the plug on motor was facing outward, which is incorrect, the screw will get into the sensor in that position. it needs to turn and face the inside of the coach and the motor will drop down. the screw goes into one of the slots at the top and just hold it down and not tight. on yours it sound like the retention screw not right and the motor jumped out and turned. the screw goes under the rubber gasket not on top with a washer like mine was, like they used it to hold the rubber! hope this helps from doing it again.....mark
MARKROMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:59 AM   #2869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Couple View Post
I didnít need to pull the wood trim on my 32í but it was extremely tight. You are correct about the one screw for the motor being on the outside. I had to replace the entire slide assembly on both sides ( new tracks, uprights and motors for each side) when I was having problems with the slide binding up while trying to close it / bring it in. Works great now. Iíd imagine that people are going to start experiencing failures because my failure was a ware issue. 2011 Vesta 40,000 miles
The motor on mine seems to run perfectly but it doesn't have sync with the other motor. I suppose that I should just replace both motors so I solve any future issues.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:00 AM   #2870

Does anyone know the correct motor for my 2011 so I can order them prior to removing them?

Tags
monaco