Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Is Navistar RV still making Vista's? Does anyone know if the Wynn's purchased a new Vista? deSanford

deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford
Is Navistar RV still making Vista's? Does anyone know if the Wynn's purchased a new Vista? deSanford
I think that they are still making the Vesta and it prominently featured on Navistar's web page.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like Navistar RV is listening to its customers. More HP and a Exhaust (turbo) brake (Vista) deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I received an e-mail from Jason Wynn a short while ago stating:

"we are working with an RV manufacturer to get into a product that isnít on the market yet"

Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I love the Vesta or the HR version. I will probably wait till they get it right, maybe 2014?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #62
tjd

Why does anyone really care? For travel bloggers they are not that good. Their blog and video do little to entertain or inform. IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #63
tjd

Well there is one major issue with the Vesta in my opinion and who knows if it will get fixed. The bounce in the rear of the coach. I had to replace the cloth rod in the rear closet because the bounce bent it with not that much hanging on it. The issue now is every time we get to our final destination the clothes are off the rod and on the floor of the closet.

I have also had to reattach 2 of the 3 valances in the rear because they have fallen off the wall because of the bouncing. I am just waiting for the day that something breaks under the RV because it bounces so much and bounces high.

Monaco only suggestions were to check the ride height of the air bags and make sire the tire pressure is correct. Took it into the dealership to make sure the air bags are at the proper height. Neither of these made any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I love the Vesta or the HR version. I will probably wait till they get it right, maybe 2014?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd
Well there is one major issue with the Vesta in my opinion and who knows if it will get fixed. The bounce in the rear of the coach. I had to replace the cloth rod in the rear closet because the bounce bent it with not that much hanging on it. The issue now is every time we get to our final destination the clothes are off the rod and on the floor of the closet.

I have also had to reattach 2 of the 3 valances in the rear because they have fallen off the wall because of the bouncing. I am just waiting for the day that something breaks under the RV because it bounces so much and bounces high.

Monaco only suggestions were to check the ride height of the air bags and make sire the tire pressure is correct. Took it into the dealership to make sure the air bags are at the proper height. Neither of these made any difference.
Well,I've got say that I've not experienced the ride in the back of our 2011 32ft but my wife says its pretty rough back there and tends to be quite a lot of bounce. However, what you describe seems excessive. You might try to run with less air in the rear tires than what your dealer set them at.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
We have the 32 ft version of the Vesta and had the coach weighed, when loaded for a trip, to determine the proper air pressure on all tires. From the weight of the coach the rear tires could be set as low as 80 #s . Front tires should be set @ 90 psi. But for convenience, I keep all the tires 90 psi, but my wife also says that the rear bed is uncomfortable when traveling. Maybe I will lower the rear pressure to see if she has the same problem.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #66

Transmission or engine revving going down hill

I haven't been on site since August and have a couple of questions and a couple of answers. I have 2012 35' and now have 10kmiles. It has recently started downshifting from 6th to 4th gear going down hill after cresting hills. Took it to Allison dealer and had no codes. The reset transmission to let it relearn and it helped for about 400 miles. If you let off accelerator and tap it it will go bad to6th. It also smells hot when this happens but fluid does not smell burnt. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Has anyone found solution to bouncy ride? I had the washer/dryer taken out of mine but added 45 gallon extra water tank in rear and still bounce with added weight. Tjd. My clothes rod broke early on and I solved it by placing a larger wooden one and the bought hanger from camping world that snap on and have had no problems since. I am guy that slide is warped out in bottom 1/3 and I finally have appt at factory in IN the end of this month. They r covering under warranty since I notified prior to warranty expiring. Runs out mid month. R people happy with service there?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #67

Transmission rev and continuation of 1st post

Vesta Dave: do u know if Monaco will do the fresh air intake retro fit if I pay or it and don't ask them to do it free. If not did u have urs done at navistar truck center. I want mine done and think its a great idea. Now getting up to 10k miles I still really like this coach. I plan to keep 5 or so years unless they can't correct the warped slides. Has anyone tried having cabinet maker cut out sink hole in counter top and putting in a larger sink and reset the facuet to the right corner. I also thought of asking Monaco to sell me a new top without the hole cut for bathroom sink. Has anyone found a modification for the position of the fuel fil. I hate the straight out opening and find I have to hold pump during entire fil. Anyone with idea. Thanks for any possible responses. I will pay more attention to questions and responses in the future. I had forgot my password and just was to lazy to reset. I have had no further regeneration problems since my last post. I hope no one else has either. Great traveling!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix
Vesta Dave: do u know if Monaco will do the fresh air intake retro fit if I pay or it and don't ask them to do it free. If not did u have urs done at navistar truck center. I want mine done and think its a great idea. Now getting up to 10k miles I still really like this coach. I plan to keep 5 or so years unless they can't correct the warped slides. Has anyone tried having cabinet maker cut out sink hole in counter top and putting in a larger sink and reset the facuet to the right corner. I also thought of asking Monaco to sell me a new top without the hole cut for bathroom sink. Has anyone found a modification for the position of the fuel fil. I hate the straight out opening and find I have to hold pump during entire fil. Anyone with idea. Thanks for any possible responses. I will pay more attention to questions and responses in the future. I had forgot my password and just was to lazy to reset. I have had no further regeneration problems since my last post. I hope no one else has either. Great traveling!!!
Trying to get Monaco to do the fresh air fix is worth the try. The first step is to get a shop( dealer or truck repair) to diagnose the problem and come up with a plan for the modification. Once a $ amount is established you can request Monaco to pay for the modification. The mod. cost me $400. Submit your bill for reimbursement and if they turn you down keep trying.
My mod. was done at Colton Truck in Colton Ca. I was referred to them by McMahons after the folks at International had thrown up their hands saying that the unit was working as designed and there was nothing that they could do about the hot air entering the cabin.
I'm glad I stayed with it and got the modification. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #69

Thanks for response. I'm going to show them pictures when I'm at factory fore slide problem and see if they will do the modification. I'm happy to pay them to do it. I just didn't know if all they did was warranty work. I have appt on 10/28.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix
Thanks for response. I'm going to show them pictures when I'm at factory fore slide problem and see if they will do the modification. I'm happy to pay them to do it. I just didn't know if all they did was warranty work. I have appt on 10/28.
Good luck, I know that several Vesta owners have expressed their concern about the fresh air issue. Hopefully, they will step up and fix the vent so you can enjoy fresh cool air on a pleasant day. Let us know how it turns out.

Tags
monaco