Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #1793

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO View Post
YES! That's what I need, I called Monaco but their parts dept does not have this 15 amp replacement part, in fact I can't find it anywhere? How long ago and what Monaco dept did you contact? I thought I'd have to upgrade to a 2000 watt but this 15amp braker hits the problem right on the head. Thanks
Monaco emailed me their instructions for changing out the inverter breaker but they don't have the 15amp breaker any longer, it was a field fix that expired some years ago. I did find the 15amp breaker online for the mm1212 and special ordered it for 17dollars and should get it in two weeks. If anyone is interested I can give you all the info once I get mine delivered and make sure its the one I want.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #1794

Quote:
Monaco emailed me their instructions for changing out the inverter breaker but they don't have the 15amp breaker any longer, it was a field fix that expired some years ago. I did find the 15amp breaker online for the mm1212 and special ordered it for 17dollars and should get it in two weeks. If anyone is interested I can give you all the info once I get mine delivered and make sure its the one I want.
The person at Monaco who helped me with this issue and others is Rob McClary (sp?), who is usually at the other end of the tech support line when I call. Don't know if he's still there because I haven't called for a couple of years now. I dealt with this early on in my ownership experience, probably in 2012 or 2013 after getting the coach in the summer of 2012. Hope this solves your problem, it did for me!
Henry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #1795

Quote:
Retro,

I would be interested in following this up with you. Where did you find the breaker?

Cheers,
Tom
wilco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:57 AM   #1796

Rubber Radiator Shroud Replace

I just had the rubber shroud replaced by Indian River RV in Sebastian, Fl. I had hoped that my extended warranty would pay for it. But as extended warranties go they said it was not a gasket but a shroud and not covered.
I took TrekRR suggestion and had them replace the rubber with conveyor belt. They did an excellent job. They also replaced the rotten piece of wood that the wiper motor is attached with a metal plate. For being a high end coach this was sure a mickey mouse manufacturing procedure.
Jim Herman/2011 TRIP
Hermbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #1797

Where's the water heater bypass valves on 2012 Vesta 32?

We're trying to disinfect the fresh water tank because the used Vesta we purchased had been in storage for months. But we cannot find the water heater bypass valves - or atleast we aren't sure which of the valves in the water center are used to bypass the heater.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
snlluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #1798

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlluck View Post
We're trying to disinfect the fresh water tank because the used Vesta we purchased had been in storage for months. But we cannot find the water heater bypass valves - or atleast we aren't sure which of the valves in the water center are used to bypass the heater.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Check under the kitchen sink. Open the curved door and remove the flat panel to reveal the water heater. That's where I found them.
Zots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #1799

Monaco Owners Club
REK

Just had to let you'all know that I had the Source Engineering Ride Enhancement Kit (REK) install and I am completely satisfied !! , OMG what a difference it made in the ride and handling. I can now pass over all those repair patches and bridge transitions in comfort and without having to grit my teeth and yell "hold ON" Only cost 3500 and took about half of a day to install. On another note, I blew out that crazy inverter braker three times last week and I can't wait to get the 15amp replacement braker I ordered to see if in fact this is the cure to the MM1212 inverter issue. Be safe and happy travels
Old 08-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #1800

Hello everyone it's been a while for me. Was very very busy trying to keep up with the heating and cooling sales . Hoteat summer yet. Business was amazing. So now we can finally enjoy some r and r in our MH.
I have an issue with the small compressor that runs to keep the MH level when I am parked . It will go on ever our a few time and run for a couple of seconds . Then after a month or two I will blow the fuse to it and it is also connected to the horn. I remember reading somewhere about a check valve I am to install . Has anyone had this problem and did this check valve solve the problem?.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:12 PM   #1801

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony O View Post
Hello everyone it's been a while for me. Was very very busy trying to keep up with the heating and cooling sales . Hoteat summer yet. Business was amazing. So now we can finally enjoy some r and r in our MH.
I have an issue with the small compressor that runs to keep the MH level when I am parked . It will go on ever our a few time and run for a couple of seconds . Then after a month or two I will blow the fuse to it and it is also connected to the horn. I remember reading somewhere about a check valve I am to install . Has anyone had this problem and did this check valve solve the problem?.
I had this problem and posted last year about it. I did 2 things 1) put in a larger fuse, as the pump I have draws more current than it was fused for ( I checked the label on the compressor)I think it was fused for 15 and ii actually draws 18 so I put a 25 in. That helped so then I put in additional check valve in line to the compressor and this to fixed the problem.
Trekgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #1802

Replaced a Tail Light

I had to replace a tail light.
I searched the web and found etrailer.com.
Product Code STL69RRXB
Stop/Turn/Tail Lght, 3 function, 11 Diodes.
Price $19.95 plus $4.99 shipping.

This was an exact match.
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #1803

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJDion View Post
I had to replace a tail light.
I searched the web and found etrailer.com.
Product Code STL69RRXB
Stop/Turn/Tail Lght, 3 function, 11 Diodes.
Price $19.95 plus $4.99 shipping.

This was an exact match.
Good information, thank you!! By the by, I replaced the 12amp output breaker with a 15amp breaker in the 1200watt mm1212 Magnum inverter and it now works GREAT! No more running over to re-set the braker when trying to fix dinner in the microwave. You don't have to upgrade to a 2000watt inverter, just upgrade the breaker in the old 1200watt (about $20.00)
Old 09-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #1804

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Just had to let you'all know that I had the Source Engineering Ride Enhancement Kit (REK) install and I am completely satisfied !! , OMG what a difference it made in the ride and handling. I can now pass over all those repair patches and bridge transitions in comfort and without having to grit my teeth and yell "hold ON" Only cost 3500 and took about half of a day to install. On another note, I blew out that crazy inverter braker three times last week and I can't wait to get the 15amp replacement braker I ordered to see if in fact this is the cure to the MM1212 inverter issue. Be safe and happy travels
Update on the mm1212 inverter 15amp breaker. I finally got it and it WORKS GREAT!! It was a bit challenging to install but persaverience won in the end and I'm happy.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:07 AM   #1805

Too Quiet Here!

Well I haven't been contributing much lately as I haven't been using the coach as much as I would have liked. However, just got done a "challenging" trip of a couple of thousand miles and thought I'd just add some observations FYI.

Firstly, and happily, the Vesta operated more or less flawlessly for the whole trip which was a transit back and forth across the Rockies with a bit of flat landing on the other side (Vancouver Island to Saskatchewan and back). Twisty roads, challenging climbs with equally sporty downgrades, a few nasty crosswinds and some tropical-like rain. The only outstanding issue last time I checked was the aux compressor that supports the auto-leveling seems to have quit. I don't miss the noise or the function but being me, I'll probably fix it.

Observations:

Got 9 mpg overall towing a Suzuki GV according to VMspc. Decent I think towing in the mountains.

Exhaust brake was a very welcome addition in the Rockies. There were a few lengthy 8% downs and even a few short 18% runs. For those regularly doing the mountain thing, I have to recommend the '12s with the exhaust brake.

As per past observations, I still get the odd flickering of the DPF lights as I travel along but these don't seem to have amounted to anything so far.

I still don't understand the programming for the engine cooling fan. I was used to a range of maybe 10 degrees on the old Cat from about 195 to 205 with a relatively slow change as the load/temp increased. The Cat had an engine-driven fan that produced based largely on engine RPM. This engine reports higher temps almost immediately the load increases and will let the reported temp increase from the mid-190s up to as high as 219 before the electronic fan cuts in and remarkably drops the temp back to normal in a minute or two at most. I'm told that this is all about the emissions control and that it's OK. Maybe I just suffer from too much information.

Some comments here about all-around handling and I've got to say this is the best coach I've had in that regard. I drove it for a couple of thousand miles before I had the REK installed and had no problems with its directional stability or crosswind performance but the ride was IMHO horrendous. REK fixed the latter and I remain very happy with the handling after this trip. (previously a 35' gas on Ford and a 38' Pusher on Freightliner)

Anyway...thread's been a bit dead lately, thought I'd throw this in. Hints on the dead level compressor welcome.

Cheers,
tom
wilco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #1806

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco1 View Post
Well I haven't been contributing much lately as I haven't been using the coach as much as I would have liked. However, just got done a "challenging" trip of a couple of thousand miles and thought I'd just add some observations FYI.

Firstly, and happily, the Vesta operated more or less flawlessly for the whole trip which was a transit back and forth across the Rockies with a bit of flat landing on the other side (Vancouver Island to Saskatchewan and back). Twisty roads, challenging climbs with equally sporty downgrades, a few nasty crosswinds and some tropical-like rain. The only outstanding issue last time I checked was the aux compressor that supports the auto-leveling seems to have quit. I don't miss the noise or the function but being me, I'll probably fix it.

Observations:

Got 9 mpg overall towing a Suzuki GV according to VMspc. Decent I think towing in the mountains.

Exhaust brake was a very welcome addition in the Rockies. There were a few lengthy 8% downs and even a few short 18% runs. For those regularly doing the mountain thing, I have to recommend the '12s with the exhaust brake.

As per past observations, I still get the odd flickering of the DPF lights as I travel along but these don't seem to have amounted to anything so far.

I still don't understand the programming for the engine cooling fan. I was used to a range of maybe 10 degrees on the old Cat from about 195 to 205 with a relatively slow change as the load/temp increased. The Cat had an engine-driven fan that produced based largely on engine RPM. This engine reports higher temps almost immediately the load increases and will let the reported temp increase from the mid-190s up to as high as 219 before the electronic fan cuts in and remarkably drops the temp back to normal in a minute or two at most. I'm told that this is all about the emissions control and that it's OK. Maybe I just suffer from too much information.

Some comments here about all-around handling and I've got to say this is the best coach I've had in that regard. I drove it for a couple of thousand miles before I had the REK installed and had no problems with its directional stability or crosswind performance but the ride was IMHO horrendous. REK fixed the latter and I remain very happy with the handling after this trip. (previously a 35' gas on Ford and a 38' Pusher on Freightliner)

Anyway...thread's been a bit dead lately, thought I'd throw this in. Hints on the dead level compressor welcome.

Cheers,
tom
Glad you had an enjoyable trip and the Vesta performed well.

The auxiliary compressor has a fuse that occasionally blows.
See page 171 in the Vesta Owners Manual.
Fuse 1-6 Air Level Compressor 15 amps.
There's a plug under the hood near the compressor that I disconnect prior to replacing the fuse.
Hope this helps.
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco