Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Any photos of 08 Camelot/Scepter Water Bay?

Kind of an odd question, I agree.

Just realized our new-to-us 08 Camelot 40PDQ has evidently had some wet-bay work done on it, and I'm trying to understand what it/isn't normal (or correct).

First of all, the white cover-panel isn't faded at all (bright white like it's brand-new - and probably is) and the black/grey labels are reversed from the actual valve locations. Makes me think it's not the correct one.

My manual sez I have a water filter, but not where. Looking under thepanel, I can just barely see one laying on its side and hidden waaaay back in (almost to the other side of the coach) and not connected. No place shown for it on the panel either.

Same for the water pump, there's one way in there too. When i turn on the pump switch, the sound doesn't seem like it's coming from it. Or maybe it's a spare?

And so forth. Almost afraid to pull the cover, no telling what I'll find.

What I'm looking for is a direct-on photo(s) of the wet-bay so's I can see what's supposed to be where. Seems I remember someone posted a couple photos of their wet-bay with the cover off recently , don't remember what coach it was and can't find it now.

Thanks!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I think Monaco used a white panel from an earlier model. The waste gate valves don’t line up with the labels. Black is on the left and gray is on the right.

To gain access to the water pump and filter, go into the bay just forward of the wet bay. There will be an access panel in the center of the rear wall, secured with 2 screws. Behind the service panel is the water pump and the filter, laying on its side. HR put the filter outside on the white panel. Monaco buried their’s. Go figure.

The water pump is a Demco 55AquaJet-ARV. OE was by Aquatec, but think Demco acquired them.

The white plastic will not come out without cutting it. I barely was able to flex mine enough to remove it on a 110° day with the sun beating down on it. If I were to do it again, I would cut off the right angle plastic edges from top and sides and flex it to remove it. Then, after removing remaining edges, I would add aluminum angle iron to sides and screw panel to them.

I added a 1 x 1 square aluminum tube to mine across the rear bottom to take the flex out of the panel. I also wet sanded the ill placed labels, replacing them with labels on the valves

I also trimmed the bottom of the panel and reversed the water reel to have hose come out from bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapseed.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	183157

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ah-ha! Many thanks, Happy! Had just PM'ed you about it. Makes more sense now.

It was all much easier on my Endeavor, everything right there out in the open.

I also reversed both of my reels, made a BIG difference. Talked to Monaco/HR engineering about it when I first learned of the error from what was TDI Products. They said they didn't know about it but said "it shouldn't make a difference either way".

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I just went outside and looked where you said, Happy. Really?! In there?? They've GOT to be kidding.

I would have NEVER found the pump or filter without being led directly to them. Not with-standing the fact that wife has already crammed stuff in front of that 'secret' access hatch (or at least that's my current excuse )

Looks like Job-One is to move the filter to a sensible place.

Again thanks!
Old 11-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club

Rusty:

You can get to the water filter and water pump through an access panel in the storage bay in front of the wet bay. I have to empty my storage bay, then shimmy in to remove the panel, then shimmy a little more to reach the filter and/or water pump.The darn filter is on its side, so put a towel under it to minimize the water you’re going to have to clean up.You can also get to the water hose reel from that area if you don’t want to remove the wet bay panel.It will give you a good reason to clean out the stuff stored in the bay that you don’t need.

Harry is dead on about the wet bay panel. PITA the first time, but once you have it modified, it’s really easy to remove and reinstall.

Good luck,

Mike

MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Behind the service panel is the water pump and the filter, laying on its side. HR put the filter outside on the white panel. Monaco buried their’s. Go figure.
On my H.R, they only put the water filter on the white panel, 'in the picture in the owners manual'.
On the actual coach, they buried it back just like yours!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
On my H.R, they only put the water filter on the white panel, 'in the picture in the owners manual'.
On the actual coach, they buried it back just like yours!
On our Beaver, it was buried inside also. What were they thinking? I have been changing ours out every 2-4 weeks here in the SW.
I moved it on the outside of the panel (though our panel is SS ).
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #8
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Harry, speaking of snowflakes, my filter is mounted outside high on the left side of the white panel.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #9

I've been leaving the filter housing empty, and just using the blue Camco filters at the spigot. Easier that way when I'm using the water softener.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Kind of an odd question, I agree.

Just realized our new-to-us 08 Camelot 40PDQ has evidently had some wet-bay work done on it, and I'm trying to understand what it/isn't normal (or correct).

First of all, the white cover-panel isn't faded at all (bright white like it's brand-new - and probably is) and the black/grey labels are reversed from the actual valve locations. Makes me think it's not the correct one.

My manual sez I have a water filter, but not where. Looking under thepanel, I can just barely see one laying on its side and hidden waaaay back in (almost to the other side of the coach) and not connected. No place shown for it on the panel either.

Same for the water pump, there's one way in there too. When i turn on the pump switch, the sound doesn't seem like it's coming from it. Or maybe it's a spare?

And so forth. Almost afraid to pull the cover, no telling what I'll find.

What I'm looking for is a direct-on photo(s) of the wet-bay so's I can see what's supposed to be where. Seems I remember someone posted a couple photos of their wet-bay with the cover off recently , don't remember what coach it was and can't find it now.

Thanks!

Rusty on my 08, similar issues when I first purchased. I believe our wet bay was pretty hacked by PO. I decided to rebuild the whole wet bay. Used white aluminum, split in the middle vertically, support by 1x1 aluminum tube. I also checked or rebuilt all connections, changed out fresh water/city valve.
Then moved water filter to outside panel for easier access. I then moved my water pump closer to opening of bay access.
I have pictures for you to see the process on my PC. I will post later. Everyone on the forum has great ideas for wet bays. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Rusty on my 08, similar issues when I first purchased. I believe our wet bay was pretty hacked by PO. I decided to rebuild the whole wet bay. Used white aluminum, split in the middle vertically, support by 1x1 aluminum tube. I also checked or rebuilt all connections, changed out fresh water/city valve.
Then moved water filter to outside panel for easier access. I then moved my water pump closer to opening of bay access.
I have pictures for you to see the process on my PC. I will post later. Everyone on the forum has great ideas for wet bays. Good luck.
Rusty see below pictures; The new lettering was complete by a friend that owns a sign business, so he duplicated the original Monaco signage/lettering.

Name:   WetBay.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  18.4 KB

Name:   WetBay2.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:   WetBay3.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:   WetBay4.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  23.6 KB
Old 11-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #12

Looks good Perry !
Old 11-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Any photos of 08 Camelot/Scepter Water Bay?

I had an 08 Camelot for almost ten years. Bought it New after the bankruptcy filing.

While the coach served us well, I would have to say that any similarity between the manual, the schematics, and “as built” on the 08 and 09 units was purely coincidental.

My best guess, shared by others, is that while Monaco was careening toward insolvency and “circling the drain” so to speak, the parts bins started to run dry and they sort of made it up as they went along.

Just MHO
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
I had an 08 Camelot for almost ten years. Bought it New after the bankruptcy filing.

While the coach served us well, I would have to say that any similarity between the manual, the schematics, and “as built” on the 08 and 09 units was purely coincidental.

My best guess, shared by others, is that while Monaco was careening toward insolvency and “circling the drain” so to speak, the parts bins started to run dry and they sort of made it up as they went along.

Just MHO

Destiny I have to agree with you, as the schematics are helpful, many cases they were not close to what was installed. Lol. I have many early 2009 parts on my 08. They call them snowflakes, yes! Think towards the insolvency it was a winter blizzard! [emoji848]

Tags
water