Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #1

Thumbs up AQUA Hot 02 Dynasty

Well it finally hit. Aqua Hot . I found a small puddle on the ground when I was unhooking to go home. I opened up the power cord compartment. I found glycol on the floor in there. there was a small towel in there and it was saturated. it's such a complex system don't really know where to start. currently I am cleaning it up. It does not seem to be leaking when it is turned off. I contacted Aqua Hot and they gave me a case number. They want my Model and Serial and maybe they can help me. any ideas will be welcome
rory .miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #2

I'd start by removing the covers and looking around. We had a leak at the drain line. If your not familiar with the system it might be worth calling out a certified AQ tech to take a look.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #3

When was the last time you used it in Diesel mode? What is the fluid level in your "view canister"- the canister that shows cold and hot lines for proper boiler water level? The tech's @ Aqua Hot are good and helpful.
curtismb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #4

I think my access is in my slide out compartment. push the slide all the way out. go inside and open the sliding door on the back bulkhead. then try to open it up from there. thanks for the help
Old 10-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #5

I use diesel most of the time recently I started using electric. So I got to find the view canister for proper water level in the Boiler. thanks for your help
Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory .miller View Post
Well it finally hit. Aqua Hot . I found a small puddle on the ground when I was unhooking to go home. I opened up the power cord compartment. I found glycol on the floor in there. there was a small towel in there and it was saturated. it's such a complex system don't really know where to start. currently I am cleaning it up. It does not seem to be leaking when it is turned off. I contacted Aqua Hot and they gave me a case number. They want my Model and Serial and maybe they can help me. any ideas will be welcome
Sounds like a heat exchanger leak. You can save some money by getting a rebuilt unit here.
aqua-hotservices.com
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #7

looks like I lucked out. I opened it up and found glycol everywhere found a leak at a brass elbow where the clear glycol line is attached with a feral and a brass nut. believe it or not the nut was split. could not get feral off to replace the nut. hose is to short to cut, don't know where the hose goes once it goes through the bulkhead. so for now i put a stainless high quality hose clamp around the nut and tightened it to a fairly well. and no leaks. I am trying to think of a better fix . But this damage control is working quite well
Old 10-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Last year I saw glycol leaking out of the air intake boot under the MH after firing it up to take a trip. A substantial leak!!! Opened the compartment and found it all over the floor on the unit and compartment. Recovery bottle showed full cold, raising a flag right away. Found a split in the hose from the pressure cap to the recovery bottle, replaced hose, problem fixed!!

Ron