Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Aqua Hot exhaust

Our aqua hot exhaust points at our neighbors coach next door. We'd would to make it a little quieter for them. Is it possible to add an extension to the Aqua hot outlet to direct the exhaust to the rear of the coach?? This would just be a tempera ry hookup while we are parked for the winter. Would the extension cause too much back pressure for the aqua hot?

Anyone have any other suggestions
jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2016, 09:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Gen-turi Generator Exhaust System - Camco 44461 - Automotive Accessories - Camping World This is the ticket for not bothering your neighbors when using aquahot. You wont smell he fumes either. will not harm your aquahot because the open air design causes no restriction or back pressure. I am full time and wont do without it...
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #3

AquaHot

Hi,
Last couple of years I have used a 4 inch aluminum expanding dryer hose. I keep it in line with the Aqua Hot exhaust tip and and deflect both the smell and the noise away as best I can.
My AquaHot service guy has seen my setup and says that as long as I keep it in line with exhaust and don't go over 10 feet or so I am good
Don
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

The Genturi is the way to go. I don't use one, I was looking into it but the price in Canada was just plain stupid, they were asking $400 and I needed two (one for my genset as well), so I used stove pipe, some engine mounts from a Honda Civic as spacers to keep the pipe off the wall of the coach, and a bent piece of exhaust pipe my muffler shop made up, welded on a nut so I could run a bolt through it to set it, and cut the pipe so it spread and held the pipe in place while allowing air int beside the pipe to create the up draft.

It cost me $200 to make both of mine, but I would have bought the Genturi if it were not so over priced in Canada.

You will need an anchor point on the side of the coach. I used two of the anchors used to hook the pull down awnings found on many motorhomes.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Bought my Genturi in Quartzsite...$100 includes taxes.
Works great
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last time I used a Genturi was 10 years or so ago and on the '02 Dutch Star. Never installed any brackets, just used a couple heavy duty suction cups and a bungee cord. I still have the Genturi but I can't use it on the AquaHot on the present rig due to the slide. Need to see if I can use it on the generator but it's got a high polish stainless extension that I don't want to mess up.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Last time I used a Genturi was 10 years or so ago and on the '02 Dutch Star. Never installed any brackets, just used a couple heavy duty suction cups and a bungee cord. I still have the Genturi but I can't use it on the AquaHot on the present rig due to the slide. Need to see if I can use it on the generator but it's got a high polish stainless extension that I don't want to mess up.
Does the extension come off?
Mine was on with 3 screws.
You need to put an adaptor on anyway
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for being considerate. More than once I've had RV's next to me with their aquahot running.

I was not a happy camper so I'm glad to see you doing something about it.

Perhaps others will take heed from this thread.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We camped at an FMCA rally some years ago. Came in late so got into the middle of the officers. Guy next to us had his generator exhaust pointed right at our door and ran the gen all the time. We had to keep our door closed to keep from getting gassed. Wish he had run a Genturi unit. Another time the rig next to us just took some flexible exhaust tubing and directed the exhaust back and away from us. Think I'll buy a few feet of it for the AquaHot. Have to be careful as the exhaust is HOT. Had it going at the stick house and burned a patch of green grass to a cinder!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for your advice Ordering a Genturi ASAP
jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:13 PM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our AquaHot has two 2000 watt electric elements and it will do for minor heat as that's only about 13,650 BTU and the main burner is 50,000 BTU. Plus we need to be on 50 amp power to run both elements.