Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2016, 06:59 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Aqua hot only fires if water is hot

06 sig Aqua hot will only fire up when hot water is already hot. I had problems last month with electric Aqua hot, fixed it, thought all was fixed, however have determined if water is cold Aqua hot will not fire up. If I heat it up with electric , Aqua burner will fire right up and run as normal. It may have been in this condition for yrs, I've never tried to fire it up cold until the electric went out. I've posted on roger burke s site, takes a while for him to respond. Any thoughts?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 07:17 AM   #2

Have you typed in Aqua hot starting issues in the search? Many threads. When was the last service of Aqua hot? My electrical heating element never keeps up with hot water demand. I leave both switches on.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 03-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheville View Post
06 sig Aqua hot will only fire up when hot water is already hot. I had problems last month with electric Aqua hot, fixed it, thought all was fixed, however have determined if water is cold Aqua hot will not fire up. If I heat it up with electric , Aqua burner will fire right up and run as normal. It may have been in this condition for yrs, I've never tried to fire it up cold until the electric went out. I've posted on roger burke s site, takes a while for him to respond. Any thoughts?? Thanks

Hello again!
I am not sure of your model and if will apply to yours, but it sure sounds like it might? After your coolant has expanded being heated with the electric, it allows for the diesel side to work.......
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/aqua...ire-90185.html
I hope this helps you out, read the thread.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
AHE 100 4S

Old 03-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure I understand the symptoms you're experiencing. Is the issue that you're not getting hot water ... or that your comfort heating won't come on unless you're already getting plenty of hot water?

We had issues with our comfort heating not coming when the ambient outdoor temperatures were much below 40 degrees. Originally we thought it was the "Low Temp Cutoff Switch" (which serves to prioritize hot water over comfort heating). If the water temperature seen at the "Low Temp Cutoff Switch" was below the threshold - it prevents the Aquahot pumps from circulating boiler antifreeze out to the heat exchangers.

Before all was said and done - we ended up replacing both thermostats. We replaced the "low temp cutoff switch" (which functions as described above) ... and ultimate the main "temperature control" switch which controls the temperature of the Aquahot boiler. If the boiler tank isn't maintaining a temp of 155 - 185 degrees Fahrenheit, neither the hot water nor the comfort heating will perform as desired.

With the two thermostats replaced - the Aquahot in our coach just purrs! Plenty of hot water AND plenty of heat!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:41 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have plenty of hot water with Aqua hot diesel once I heat it with electric But if the MH sets in storage and all cools down, diesel will not fire until I heat it with electric or engine. Once it gets hot, diesel will heat normally for days.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I read the post palehorse, thanks, my float switch is already jumped. This issue really does not bother me, only time I use diesel is in winter when electric can't keep up so the water is already hot, like I said it's probably been like this ever since if had it? I had it serviced last yr. I'll post back what roger has to say !

Tags
fire, water