Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #15

Basement Fan

This same thing happen to me w/our Signature recently. I rotated the knob fully(cw? ccw??) and it stopped.

When shore pwr is available, the Trace inverter in our Signature charges the batteries even when it is switched off.

Don
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #16

Basement Fan

It was a cool 26 degrees here this morning. I have the coach plugged into shore here at home and the AquaHot electric element on with the 3 zones set at 50 degrees so as to provide enough heat to keep the pipes from freezing. I went out and rotated the water basement thermostat CW which started the basement fan. CCW turns it off.

Don
Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
OK, this thread has prompted me to see how my rig's tank bay heater (not the System Heat) is set up. I see that there is an Aquahot heater in the tank bay but I don't see any thermostat. Anybody have any idea how this unit is controlled on our Camelot? I have assumed that it just went on and off with zone 2, the tanks are under zone two, but am now not sure. We keep our unit parked at our home plugged into 50 amps so I run the Aquahot on electric and diesel and set the inside thermostats to 50 degrees. Thanks for the help, any ideas would be appreciated.

Lew
Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #18

Lew attched is what my bay thermostat looks like
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bay Heater0001.pdf (38.9 KB, 65 views)
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Mike. When some of the snow melts (don't know what you got in GA but we got 4 plus inches here in Oak Ridge yesterday) I will take a look and see if I have something like this in the bay. I know there is a snap disk for the "system heat" and another snap disk hanging from the compartment overhead that I don't know what it does. Is your Aquahot heater simply an uncovered heat exchanger or is it in some kind of enclosure with a fan.

Here is a picture of the heat exchanger in our coach - anything like yours?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	7201

Here is another view with the snap disk that I don't know what it controls, visible hanging from the top of the compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	7202
Old 12-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #20

That is a statndard Aqua Hot heat exchanger in your picture. I guess mine looks like that. I have not seen the actual unit because I think I have to remove my FWT to get to it. I would imagine it is the same. My pump area, water filters, and water manifold are in the same compartment as the actual AQ so it gets heated whe the AQ is on.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #21

Jay,

Do you have any concerns with snow and ice accumulating on the roof? It would seem to me that ice accumulating around the HVAC units may damage them or lead to leaks. I'm taking mine to Florida next weekend for winter storage just to avoid snow and ice accumulation.

Curious,

Gil
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
OK, finally got the 'definitive' answer from Fleetwood on the Aqua Hot installed in my '11 American Revolution.

There is a factory set, non-adjustible thermostat for the basement water compartments (set at 40 degrees) that can only be shut off by disconnecting the 12V house power.

Great design.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
Jay,

Do you have any concerns with snow and ice accumulating on the roof? It would seem to me that ice accumulating around the HVAC units may damage them or lead to leaks. I'm taking mine to Florida next weekend for winter storage just to avoid snow and ice accumulation.

Curious,

Gil
"Regular" snow and ice accumulation, no, I don't worry about it. We've owned RVs for 30 years, of all varieties and price points, they've all had to sit outside over the winter. You do want to give the roof a good inspection, come spring. Cross my fingers, we've not had any water damage yet. Would I prefer inside storage - Absolutely.

One exception that does worry me. When you've still got a foot of snow on the roof and then get a few inches of rain. That snow acts as a sponge. A lot of weight and if it refreezes there's a greater likely hood of damage.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Mike my question would be... do I set the bay heater thermostat at 10 degrees or is there an on off switch on it? My Monaco Sig is winterized and has antifreeze in the lines so I would think the heater would not be necessary. Am I correct, it is an electric heater??

Dave
djhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #25

No, not an electric heater but it does have a 12 v fan. You can either pull the Aqua Hot 12 volt fuse or just turn the knob fully CCW. There is no ON/OFF switch that I have found yet. I might put one in later. Even if the fan turns on there is no hot air for it to blow. You are good with the antifreeze.