Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Navigator View Post
Hi, New member to this group and just got a 94 Navigator. (Just broke in) Working my way through some issues and the air (Primary and secondary) was not one of them. Until last night.

I started it up and both came up to pressure just fine. All alarms cleared and about 5 mins later the primary air came into alarm. The pressure was up at 100 pounds but I cannot get the alarm to go off now. I heard an air leak that was not there before in the front drivers corner. Is there a pressure switch up in the front cap near the generator? Anyone know how difficult it is to replace?

Thanks
Randy
Update to pressure switch.

Yes, that was it. I found it though I had to work with Napa to locate the replacement. Replaced and it fixed the issue.

Found another question.
Anyone know what this is and should the second wire be connected?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190325_110935.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	239414
MI Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #548

Food for thought... a few years back I had a massive leak due to the rubber diaphragm rupturing. Thankfully, it was while stopped. At the time I got a quick roadside repair and went on with the vacation. Once home, I proactively changed the other 3. Pretty cheap and easy and in the end I was thankful to not have to worry about 15+ year old rubber.

While you're checking and fixing some components of your air system you might consider if your brake components are original and may need some attention.
SoCal Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:16 AM   #549

Cruise Control on 94 Navigator

Recently purchased a 94 navigator with 170K miles on it. Runs great but cannot seem to get the cruise control to work. I get power to the cruise switch but the set does not seem to activate. My paperwork shows there were two options for the cruise. A Bendix system and a Dana's (Rostra) Electronic system. Because of the actuator switch I am thinking I have the Bendix but not sure how to tell. Also, any suggestions of where and how to trouble shoot would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
MI Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:03 PM   #550

Spartan Chassis
I have a 1993, and just went through this. On my unit it was the Rostra, and the control box was hidden under the plate that had the vacuum pump and reservoir on top. The connections where the wiring harness connected to the circuit board were corroded, i cleaned them up but still did not work. I purchased a new system, installed it trying to use the grey pulse wire for the speed input, but would not work, i had my wife roll the MH ahead and was not getting a pulse input. I installed the driveshaft magnet and coil pickup and the unit works perfectly. I was able to down load a trouble shooting guide for the rostra unit but it was not much help, since the old unit did not have an led light to indicate that it was not getting a signal from the pulse system.
Stevens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #551

Spartan Chassis
I forgot to mention that I also had to disassemble the turn signal mounted switch and clean the contact points to get the set switch to work. My unit had set unused for several years before I purchased it last fall, so have had lots of corroded wiring issues.
I have replaced the heater fan switch, the light switch, the mirror adjusting switch, the mirror heating switch, the AC switch and the AC fan relays. It is a good thing I would rather fix things than eat! Of course that is why I love to have oldy but goody like this unit, that and the price!
Old 04-28-2019, 06:14 PM   #552

Spartan Chassis
I think that is the solenoid valve for the air horns, one wire goes the selector switch on the driver console and the other should be grounded. The selector lets you choose highway horn (air) or city horn which sounds like a typical car horn.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:22 PM   #553

Spartan Chassis
This was in reference to the picture of the solenoid valve two posts up.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #554

Hello all, I am purchasing a 93 naviator 38wb this weekend. Tires are cracked so I want to replace. I have seen thousands of posts that swear by this tire or that tire. I would like to buy cheaper than the michelins. Have any of you purchased other branded tires of a different size and had good expiriance with them or bad? If so, what brand and size did you go to. Thanks all.
STRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 AM   #555

I’ve used Toyo tires on my ‘93 for years! I believe they are the best bang for the buck. They balance true, roll smoothly and are quiet. I’m very happy with them. Will buy them again.

Some people have complained that when they get hot they off-gas an odor that smells like urine, but I’ve never noticed it with mine.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:00 AM   #556

Thank you sir. I think I will go with the Toyo as well. I have option of bead or spin balance. What do you all prefer?
STRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #557

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIP View Post
Thank you sir. I think I will go with the Toyo as well. I have option of bead or spin balance. What do you all prefer?
We also have Toyos on our ‘93 and are very happy with them. We have the bag of balancing sand/grit in the tires but we do have a wobble on one front wheel about 55mph

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #558

Monaco Owners Club
Can you tell me where you got the fan switch from please, need a replacement too.
Thanks!

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:59 PM   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIP View Post

I have mine spin balance, but also run Centramatic wheel balances.

The Centramatics run about $200 per axle, but I think they may be the best money I’ve spent on ride and handling. . . . and it’s a one time purchase. They don’t wear out so they’re good for the life of the coach.

The Centramatic’s eliminate virtually all tire vibration. Coach is so smooth, I really have to watch my speed. It’s easy to exceed the speed limit if not paying attention.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:55 AM   #560

Spartan Chassis
Heater Fan Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders View Post
Can you tell me where you got the fan switch from please, need a replacement too.
Thanks!
Raneys Chrome here is a link https://www.raneystruckparts.com/con...mpaign=welcome