Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #113

This is the final after look. Wire up this weekend.
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #114

That is a great idea. Did you create a cutout at the bottom of the compartment so you can close the compartment door? ... Our leave the door slightly open so cable can slip though the bottom.

I wouldn't be able to do that on mine, that compartment is already dedicated to other stuff.

Nice solution though!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #115

VT, Thanks

Yes I am going to put in one of those flapper deals so that I can run the cord through the bottom that way I can keep them locked if I am away from the campground. I store all of my hoses and misc. stuff on the shelf that sits over the tire. The shelf is not screwed down just sits there for storage.

I keep coming up with ideas. My next upgrade will be to turn the dash ac controls into an electronic interface. I have used one on another vehicle and I am sure it will work.

Stay tuned
Old 01-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post

GA,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. Just a request.

Eventually you'll figure out the answer. When you do, please post it here so the rest of us can learn from your experience.

Greatly appreciate it!

-Willy
I decided to change the cooler only and not mess with the filter. When I ordered it the Spartan tech told me that the original cooler was no longer available but they had a replacement that required hose fitting adapters which I ordered also. I asked if the mounting hole spacing was the same and the answer was yes. The hoses connected up correctly with the adapters but the new cooler mounting holes were slightly different than the original. It took a little modification and fabrication but I got it installed. I refilled about a half gallon of fluid and let it idle for a while. Rechecked level and added a little more then drove about 350 miles with no problems or leaks. I don't have the receipt in front of me but the cooler was $200 and the two fittings around $5 apiece + shipping.
GA Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Navigator View Post
I decided to change the cooler only and not mess with the filter. When I ordered it the Spartan tech told me that the original cooler was no longer available but they had a replacement that required hose fitting adapters which I ordered also. I asked if the mounting hole spacing was the same and the answer was yes. The hoses connected up correctly with the adapters but the new cooler mounting holes were slightly different than the original. It took a little modification and fabrication but I got it installed. I refilled about a half gallon of fluid and let it idle for a while. Rechecked level and added a little more then drove about 350 miles with no problems or leaks. I don't have the receipt in front of me but the cooler was $200 and the two fittings around $5 apiece + shipping.
Hey GA Nav,

Could you please post pics of your repair. I am glad you were able to get her fixed.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #118

I will do that whenever the weather improves. If it's not 20 degrees it's raining. ARRRG! I'm ready for spring!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
94 navigator

I have a question, we have three radio antenna`s on the roof of our 94 holiday rambler navigator. one for the dash radio, one for the basement radio, and one for the CB. How can I find out what is the CB antenna?
Please help.
Thanks.
P.S. O and I don`t know how Rundlc it is doing but his Navigator looks better than New. Awesome.
kees boode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees boode View Post
I have a question, we have three radio antenna`s on the roof of our 94 holiday rambler navigator. one for the dash radio, one for the basement radio, and one for the CB. How can I find out what is the CB antenna?
Please help.
Thanks.
P.S. O and I don`t know how Rundlc it is doing but his Navigator looks better than New. Awesome.
The CB antenna will have a load somewhere. Most likely at the bottom as it is roof mounted (I know mine is). The load is a coil of wire encased in a plastic housing and is about 3/4 to an inch thick and about 4 inches long.

The stereo antennas will be the shorter spring mounted whip antennas. Again, this is what I have, but mine is a 93 and could be different.

One more thing. My CB antenna is mounted side-to-side in the center of the roof. I'm pretty sure there's a piece of sheet metal under the rubber roof that serves as a ground plane. The stereo antenna is off to one side.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees boode View Post
Please help.
Thanks.
I also have three antennas but they are all different. I agree with willy that the longest one with the loaded base is the CB. I have two stereos and assumed (could be wrong) that both used the same antenna. As a matter of fact I just replaced mine a few days ago. It looked like a flexible marine antenna and my original one was almost broken off. I was in Academy Sporting Goods and just happened across a marine FM antenna for 9.99 so I bought it. It was the whole cable and everything but all I needed was the whip as long as the threads were the same which they were. I threw the rest away and now pick up a few more FM stations upstairs but haven't tried the basement radio.
My third antenna appears to me to be an old cellular antenna.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #122

Slightly off topic!

My name is John and I'm new here! I've been researching and have found a clean 95' Nav 400. My problem is its a plane ride or a serious drive away, and my wife wants to see one locally before she will be willing to give it here blessing. I'm hoping there is someone in Oregon or southern wash that I may be able to convince to let us take a look at there's?
Sdscustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #123

Welcome to the forum John! Hopefully someone will be able to check it out for you. Where exactly did you see it? I know there is one that has two slides that I wanted to get, it was a 93. I would want to completly redo it though.

@ Kees Thanks for the kind words.

I have removed my cb antenna so I am no help on this one
Old 01-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #124

@ RUNDLC. Thanks, the one I found is in Tucson and is a 95' no slide 400! I can't find any that are close locally in that vintage to even take the wife to show, I'm hoping someone in here would possibly let me show my wife there's before we commit to flying to see one and then she doesn't like something, I know it's a long shot but you don't know what you don't ask!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #125

I have a 95 Navigator 38 footer and the 400 engine. I'm located just north of Tacoma. If you would like to come see it, give me a call at 206 930 1317.

Eric
Eric Nason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #126

Thanks

Me and the family greatly appreciate the opportunity to get a tour before diving headlong into one of these Amazing coaches. I will be in contact shortly