Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #673

I am not sure the engine or trans was overheated, the trans gauge just red higher than it had in the past, however the engine started running like crap and died when I would shift into gear. Gauge still read cool on the engine although I dont know for sure it works as should. As I had the road blocked I was in a hurry to get it backed in. I didnt check fan or anything else. I just re-started it and backed in. Power steering was working so I assume fan was as well. I have checked the fan since and it seems to be working fine. I do have the spartan service manual, but I asked instead of reading it. I would be happy to give you a copy of the manual, but as I dont have a scanner, I would have to take it to a copy shop and that might be pricey as it is pretty thick. I hope it was just a fluke, but I have not driven it since. I will this weekend though as I have a trip planned for Thanksgiving and I want to make sure it was a fluke issue and check the trans fluid.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #674

Spartan Chassis
I would be very interested in the service manual, can you get a price on having it scanned in to a flash drive? I would pay you for your time and the cost unless it is totally ridiculous

Could the rough engine running be fuel filters? That might also lead to shifting problems if the torque curve is messed up from poor fuel supply.
Stevens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:10 PM   #675

I will get a price on it. Not sure, I can change it and see what happens
Old 11-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerndog View Post
Curious what everyone has for a tach and more specifically, the red line. Mine looks original but seems to belong on a gasser. The redline is 4,800 RPM.
Mine is 4800 rpm red line too
Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 PM   #677

Well shucks. I doubt anyone has ever taken one of our engines to that high of an RPM.
Kerndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:17 AM   #678

**New topic**

Hey guys and gals! 1994 Navigator owner getting ready to replace air bag system. Anyone have experience with this, thoughts on best ones, etc?

Thanks in advance!!!

~Marc
MarcKinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:21 AM   #679

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcKinton View Post
Hey guys and gals! 1994 Navigator owner getting ready to replace air bag system. Anyone have experience with this, thoughts on best ones, etc?

Thanks in advance!!!

~Marc
I replaced mine on a ‘95 Newmar with Firestone bags a couple of years ago. Not too tough to do, the hardest part was removing the rusted on nuts. They had to be cut off with a torch due to the rust and corrosion. Keep in mind that you should check the height adjusters after the installation. Mine dropped 1 inch in the rear, which caused the rear flap to kick up some rocks and gravel, which caused damage to my toad.

Good luck.
C-PHartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #680

Monaco Owners Club
Are you a 93-96 Navigator owner?

We have a broken rear lens cover, 93 Navigator, the red reflective one that wraps around the rear of the coach.
Does anyone have any information as to where we might get a replacement.

I’m thinking it isn’t a HR original part and probably was used on other vehicles. Does anyone know??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	267595

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #681

Spartan Chassis
Will be interested to hear suggestions
Dodgemolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders View Post
We have a broken rear lens cover, 93 Navigator, the red reflective one that wraps around the rear of the coach.
Does anyone have any information as to where we might get a replacement.

I’m thinking it isn’t a HR original part and probably was used on other vehicles. Does anyone know??

Attachment 267595
Not sure, but if you can't find one, I can attempt to 3d print one
STRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:28 PM   #683

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIP View Post
Not sure, but if you can't find one, I can attempt to 3d print one

Sounds intriguing, what kind of information would you require? Dimensions etc?

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #684

Spartan Chassis
You might look for numbers molded into the plastic and do a google search for them. I did this with the clearance lights on my 1992 Navigator and was able to order new lenses for them.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #685

Spartan Chassis
I have replaced the air bags on the rear of my older Airstream MH, it also was not too difficult.

You might want to check out the rubber fittings that connect the level valves to the axles while you are at it. This summer during our maiden voyage in our unit I experienced a vibration during the second day of our trip. I finally pulled over thinking that I might have a bad universal joint in the drive line. When I looked under I could see that the drive line was badly offset, and then I saw that the air bags were flat. I was afraid that I had a major hole in one, but then realized that I had good pressure in the air system. I wiggled under and discovered that the rod from the axle to the air valve was hanging loose. The rubber fitting at the axle was very rotten and weather checked, and while I was moving it the top fitting at the valve fell apart as well. I was able to hold them in place and apply a lot of vinyl electrical tape around both fittings to restore functionality. The bags re-inflated, the drive line straightened out, and the vibration went away. We finished our trip of 4000 miles with no additional problems. I have purchased new rubber fittings to install before our next adventure, for all three valves, (Two in the front one in the back).
Old 11-26-2019, 11:00 PM   #686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders View Post
Sounds intriguing, what kind of information would you require? Dimensions etc?
I have the same MH, I can pull mine off and measure it. But again, I suggest you try to find an actual replacement first, it will look better than a printed one