Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
The new date for the Monaco Creditors hearing is set for 11 May 09, at 9:30 AM, in the J. Caleb Boggs Federal Courthouse, 844 King St, 5th floor, Room 5209, Wilmington, DE 19801.

I will again be making the trip there for this meeting......
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
I need all Monaco owners who have coaches that are under warranty or have warranty claims that were NOT PAID to contact me with their name and contact info and a general discription of claim. I have found out that there is some protection for us under Federal law (up to a certain limit). I have an attorney checking on the Monaco filing for me and I hope to have more info hopefully by Monday.
Hi CB5300: We are new to the Forum. We have a 2008 Dynasty. Still have some issues with the coach. Was up at the factory for ten weeks and still everything was not completed. They even promised to pay for our fuel cost back to AZ. We sent in the receipts at the end of October 2008. We even have an e-mail confirming that Monaco would pay the fuel bill. We kept calling and all they said was that it takes weeks to process the check, but it was coming. Todate, we do not have it. And now, it looks like we are going to be paying for some of the work to be done on the coach. We have a list of the items. Did you want the list? You can reach us at 928.474.5087. But, we are leaving this Saturday, April 18th for approximately 5-6 weeks. Will be home at end of May. Would appreciate any help you can assist us in. Thanks, Keith and Coleen
Old 04-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #31

I will be taking mine in under warranty (laugh) for some warped wood and a leaky slider. I will let you know what the dealer says.

Terry Ivener
2007 (bought new 8/08) McKenzie 8263s
Scpdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #32

cb5300:

Will that meeting be cancelled if B of A forces a liquidation?
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
cb5300:

Will that meeting be cancelled if B of A forces a liquidation?
Good question....However, from what I've heard I don't think BOA will be able to force liquidation. For some reason BOA seems to have it in for Monaco and is doing everything it can to undermind them. I hear that BOA stands to pick up Monaco assets for pennies on the dollar. If this is true then shame on BOA....Hiopefully the judge in this case will allow Monaco a chance to sell itself to Navstar so that it can continue in the business world.

As far as BOA goes, I'm seeing a company that now doesn't really care about anybody but itself. How many of you have gotten the notice of your interest rate going up on your credit cards? This can be fodder for another thread, but needless to say that when I went down to the bank to pay off my CC (and to close out the account) the teller told me that I was one of MANY that were P.O.....
Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #34

1) BoA can't force liquidation; the court has to agree. And since that is opposed by at least several major factions, it would take some time to get the judge to that stage.
2) BoA is certainly looking out for itself, and almost certainly looking to liquidation as the best way to recover what it can of its investment. Any restart is uncertain as to how (and more importantly how much) the bank would be repaid, whereas an asset auction produces cash.
3) No way BoA cares to "pick up Monaco assets for pennies on the dollar" as they have no idea how to run an operating company and no illusion it would be clever to try. Bankers liquidate collateral as fast as they can and move on, or get what they can out of a sale in bankruptcy. Could easily be BoA is negotiating tough w/Navistar over how much the debt has to be paid down right away.

The Western RV auction produced pennies on the dollar for Wells Fargo. BoA's people will have taken notice of that, and be clever about what gets them the best recovery ratio out of Monaco. I can't imagine they'll do any better than by cooperating w/a properly capitalized sale.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #35
iRV2.com Sponsor
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
The new date for the Monaco Creditors hearing is set for 11 May 09, at 9:30 AM, in the J. Caleb Boggs Federal Courthouse, 844 King St, 5th floor, Room 5209, Wilmington, DE 19801.

I will again be making the trip there for this meeting......

I was just wondering if this hearing still happened?

I know that there were a few people on here who were talking about going and was just curious if anyone had any feedback, assuming the meeting still happened.

Thanks.
MegaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTODavid View Post
I was just wondering if this hearing still happened?

I know that there were a few people on here who were talking about going and was just curious if anyone had any feedback, assuming the meeting still happened.

Thanks.
Yes the meeting did take place (and yes MM I did get in this time) I'd like to report back here that all was going to be OK, but as you all know that would be a pipe dream. It seems that if you prepaid for a warranty item to be repaired then you have a chance of getting something back (one of these days). Right now for the masses it appears that we are at the good graces of Navistar. I made it very clear that if Navistar turned it's back on me, I would NEVER buy another RV that they had anything to do with. I asured them that I wasn't the only person that felt that way either. I was able to have a heart to heart conversion with their representive after the meeting and they told me that they were wanting to work with some of the warranty issues.

It was interesting to hear what certain items sold for and I was shocked at what the winning bid for the resorts sold for. The MI and FL resorts sold as a package deal and I still find it hard to believe the price.

I will say, that after sitting there listening to everything I have a "fun feeling" about the whole thing. Something just doesn't "feel right" about this whole deal....Any way, I'll just have to wait and see just like everyone else I guess....

Everyone that has paid, or, had warranty work done and hasn't had it paid yet should file your claim with the court.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #37

What did the resorts fetch?
Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #38

No Warranty Issue Yet...

I just bought a 2008 Monaco Knight In December 08, and we bought the extended warranty. The dealer we purchased from is still in business and states that we have nothing to worry about. I am not so sure. We have not had any issues as yet but I dont wqant to wait and find ou the hard way. If you need additional information can you please contact me. Thanks Bill
Meter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #39

I got the locks for my slide. They were under the bed. 2008 hr Admiral
banjojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #40

spa48--
20006 monaco diplomat DST
steve in n.california

still would have had 6 months of warranty left till Feb 2010

(1) crack under slide in main siding about four inches
(2)screw coming out through oppisite side siding
(3)paid $5800 when side mirror broke off and hit the windshield and cracking it and then bouncing down the driver side damaging the storage door
(4) motorhome was suppose to have remote storage door locks-monaco handed me a set of off brand remote and locks and said install them yourself. They did hand me a price sheet with a value of $2500 to install $$$$
(5) aladdin jr. system not working $$$$$$$
(6) engine batteries caught on fire in the battery box---burned all the wiring up also relays and fuses as well as melted box and cover that holds the slide out relays and fuses---still being rewired and such-- cost unknown as of yet.
That is all I can think of that should have been covered by Monaco!!!!

Please add me to your list
Sincerely
Steve--
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just checking in on status. Has anyone who filed a formal claim with the bankruptcy court for pre-approved or pre-paid warranty work received any response? Has anyone received any payment?

I have not received either for my $2700 claim for pre-approved warranty work which I've subsequently paid my shop for. Just wanted to see if anyone else has gotten any further.

Love my coach; hate the management at old/new Monaco!