Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, you would think if you power down the leveling system, the aux pump will also shut down. Not the case. Pressure bleeds down, possibly because the check valve is mounted in the wrong location, and the compressor fires up to get the small leveling tank up to 100 or 120 psi.
I haven't found the fuse for mine, so if it annoys me enough, I slide under the front and pull the pos connector at the pump.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2019, 04:39 AM   #16

Yes, on the Valid system, the aux pump is independent of whether the leveling system is on or off. The fuse on mine is in the FRB, high on the right side and is auto resetting, looks like a small gold colored rectangle. I don't understand why the tech installed a new dedicated line for the pump, maybe you could put a switch in the line, which is what I have done to be able to turn the pump off.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
https://hadleyadvantage.com/products...classic-valve/
Old 11-22-2019, 07:10 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill767 View Post
Yes, on the Valid system, the aux pump is independent of whether the leveling system is on or off. The fuse on mine is in the FRB, high on the right side and is auto resetting, looks like a small gold colored rectangle. I don't understand why the tech installed a new dedicated line for the pump, maybe you could put a switch in the line, which is what I have done to be able to turn the pump off.

Had to pull the fuse yesterday. Pump came on at 6am and ran for nine minutes without turning off. Will check to see if check valve between tank and pump or after the pump. Where we live good help for RV service and repair is very hard to find. Thanks for the reply.
2008DYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Yeah, you would think if you power down the leveling system, the aux pump will also shut down. Not the case. Pressure bleeds down, possibly because the check valve is mounted in the wrong location, and the compressor fires up to get the small leveling tank up to 100 or 120 psi.

I haven't found the fuse for mine, so if it annoys me enough, I slide under the front and pull the pos connector at the pump.

Found my fuse and removed it after it wouldn’t shut off. Checking to see positioning of check valve. Hope to remedy this problem soon. Thank you for replying.
2008DYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:31 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a simplistic sketch of where the check valve was on mine. The check valve itself almost looks like a coupling so it's easy to miss . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	267601

Be sure to properly support the coach and let all air pressure out before you begin any work.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #21

If your pump is located like our previous '08 Dynasty, I opened the generator slide (in front) and crawled under the coach and actually sat up in that vacant area right in front of the steering axle.

I was lubing and repairing the auto steps. Now, once the coach is lowered, you will not be able to get out from under the coach while you are in that area, so make sure and have a friend with you to air up the coach once you are done.

Be safe!
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #22

I know that you all have much more complex systems than my coach, but something seems wrong with a system that bleeds down in hours. Or even days. My air system will keep the coach up and at proper height for months. Last year it stayed up all winter while parked.

Sure, my system doesn't have any computer controls, but the basics are the same - air bags at each corner, height control valves, air lines, check valves, etc.

Took me a while to get the problems worked out, but after a few hours with a spray bottle of soapy water and a wrench to tighten fittings, the leaks were gone. One leak was internal on one of the height control valves, allowing air to bleed back into the tank. The rest were loose fittings.

As I read through this thread I have to wonder where the air is going if your coach can't stay up for more than a few hours. If my 45-year-old coach can be made to stay up, I would hope that a new one could as well.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:51 AM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008DYN View Post
Had to pull the fuse yesterday. Pump came on at 6am and ran for nine minutes without turning off. Will check to see if check valve between tank and pump or after the pump. Where we live good help for RV service and repair is very hard to find. Thanks for the reply.
This doesn't make sense . We're talking about a 1.5-2 gal air tank. Even when I open the petcock and drain this tank completely, my 10 yr old compressor only needs about 3 min to charge it right back up. And if I'm recalling correctly, you had a brand new compressor installed.

Where is all this air going .

Tags
leveling