RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2019, 11:10 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Auto travel mode not working!

Auto air travel mode not working!

I'm looking at the two ride height valves at the back of the coach as maybe being the problem. All attachments look good so I will look at the front tomorrow morning. Can you guys see anything glaring from the two pictures?
I realize one is seeping something. What is the best way to test them on the coach?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_air valve2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	268817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_rear air valve1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	268818  

__________________

__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 01:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,469
You will probably only find one on the front, right in the middle of the front axle.
Yours are different than mine. Is both ends of the coach not raising to ride height? Don't know if you have hydraulic leveling jacks, but if so, could it be getting a signal that the jacks are still down?
__________________

__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
You will probably only find one on the front, right in the middle of the front axle.
Yours are different than mine. Is both ends of the coach not raising to ride height? Don't know if you have hydraulic leveling jacks, but if so, could it be getting a signal that the jacks are still down?
The front does not come up and is also tilted down on the passenger side. I have to manually bring it up and level it. No Hydraulic jacks, just air. I will be looking at the front ride height adjustment this morning. Yes, just one in the front.
__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,097
Good morning Timaz; I am sure I had the same HWH air leveling system on my previous 2000 Windsor. These are just some things here in the forum I have read over the years on this system. From what you described I don't think the ride height valves are the problem here. To me it could be the connection on the bottom of HWH control panel. Have read about this in the past. Also I have read about a solenoid coil failing on the manifold that directs air to the air bags. Owners also have reported the O Rings leaking air at the manifold. I would also check the HWH controller in the belly of the coach that might have some fuses in that control/leveling box. Mine was mounted in the ceiling of one of my pass through bays. This is just off the wall but I used to do this, what I call a test, on my 2000 Windsor about once a month. On the HWH pad in the coach you have raise and lower. You also have the travel light that turns green when the coach is at travel ride height. With the engine running and at full air pressure I used to use the lower button and dump all the air. When the air was all dumped I would now use the raise button to take the coach all the way up. Let the button go and I would hear the air exhaust from the ride height valves and watch for the travel light to come on as now the system is at ride height to travel. This would kind of tell you if all is working or not. If one side does not come up or dump, sounds like a coil at the manifold problem or the control box.

Just some suggestions and hopefully they will help. I am sure you will let us know what you find and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bryan Tx
Posts: 325
Do not see anything but some of the valves have oil in them I have been told so if you have any seepage you may want to change it just to help in the future. Do not believe they are expensive.
__________________
“06” Beaver Patriot Thunder , 525 HP C13 Cat
MH 4000 Allison
42 ft Vicksburg, 4 slides
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #6
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Blairsville, GA & WPB, FL
Posts: 2,372
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Your pictures do not show what I’d want to see. In the first picture you can just see on the end of the arm, the rubber attachment that holds the metal rod...can almost see that it looks OK.
__________________
This post is my opinion, worth what you paid for it.
Our ”New” ride...08 HR Navigator 45’. A nice upgrade after 14 years with a 04 Dynasty 42’.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Timaz; I am sure I had the same HWH air leveling system on my previous 2000 Windsor. These are just some things here in the forum I have read over the years on this system. From what you described I don't think the ride height valves are the problem here. To me it could be the connection on the bottom of HWH control panel. Have read about this in the past. Also I have read about a solenoid coil failing on the manifold that directs air to the air bags. Owners also have reported the O Rings leaking air at the manifold. I would also check the HWH controller in the belly of the coach that might have some fuses in that control/leveling box. Mine was mounted in the ceiling of one of my pass through bays. This is just off the wall but I used to do this, what I call a test, on my 2000 Windsor about once a month. On the HWH pad in the coach you have raise and lower. You also have the travel light that turns green when the coach is at travel ride height. With the engine running and at full air pressure I used to use the lower button and dump all the air. When the air was all dumped I would now use the raise button to take the coach all the way up. Let the button go and I would hear the air exhaust from the ride height valves and watch for the travel light to come on as now the system is at ride height to travel. This would kind of tell you if all is working or not. If one side does not come up or dump, sounds like a coil at the manifold problem or the control box.

Just some suggestions and hopefully they will help. I am sure you will let us know what you find and good luck!
Update: The front ride height valve connections seem fine also. I have a few weeks ago cleaned the connections on the control panel. I will now try to find the control/leveling box and see what I can find. Thanks to all for your input. I will update.
__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Another Update: I finally found the control unit. I started looking in back passthrough bay, then the next one in front of it, I found it in the front bay that's just 2/3 across. It's a 600. I cleaned the ground connections and checked and tested every fuse. My 12V compressor does not power up either. I plan on replacing all of the o-rings in all of the valves because of age. But I'm pretty sure that's not the issue but needs to be done. Does anyone have another direction for me to go to figure this out?

This coming week I'm having both slide seals replace, I will let you guys know how that goes.

Opps...see photo in next post
__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Photo of air leveler controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_air system control box.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	268872  
__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:49 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bryan Tx
Posts: 325
There is a good troubleshooting guide on the forum called HWH COMPUTER CONTROLLED 2000 SERIES LEVELING SYSTEM. Helped me a lot and has good information on the compressor operation. You’re system may be the same as mine
__________________
“06” Beaver Patriot Thunder , 525 HP C13 Cat
MH 4000 Allison
42 ft Vicksburg, 4 slides
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,097
Good morning Timaz; Just some FYI. When I first got our previous 2000 Windsor with the HWH leveling system, my Thompson air compressor for keeping up the leveling system was not working. I found an inline 15 amp fuse in the harness going to the compressor. The fuse was blown! Replaced fuse and compressor ran except the pressure switch on the compressor was not closing so no compressed air delivered to the air bags. Had extended warranty at that time so shop replaced compressor and everything after that worked as it should. Also wanted to let you know that on the HWH panel next to the drivers seat, when system is on an you press raise on the panel, no matter how much air is in your air tanks the compressor turns on and runs as long as you hold down the raise button. Not 100% sure it that is how the system works, but this is how the compressor operated on my 2000 Windsor. Also if the system was in the sleep mode and the coach became out of level the compressor would turn on and put air pressure in the needed air bags to re level the coach and then turn off and go back into the sleep mode. Just more info. Hope it helps!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Timaz; Just some FYI. When I first got our previous 2000 Windsor with the HWH leveling system, my Thompson air compressor for keeping up the leveling system was not working. I found an inline 15 amp fuse in the harness going to the compressor. The fuse was blown! Replaced fuse and compressor ran except the pressure switch on the compressor was not closing so no compressed air delivered to the air bags. Had extended warranty at that time so shop replaced compressor and everything after that worked as it should. Also wanted to let you know that on the HWH panel next to the drivers seat, when system is on an you press raise on the panel, no matter how much air is in your air tanks the compressor turns on and runs as long as you hold down the raise button. Not 100% sure it that is how the system works, but this is how the compressor operated on my 2000 Windsor. Also if the system was in the sleep mode and the coach became out of level the compressor would turn on and put air pressure in the needed air bags to re level the coach and then turn off and go back into the sleep mode. Just more info. Hope it helps!
I have replaced my 12V compressor. The old one ran but nothing happened, I figured it was worn out. Should have tested it. The new one doesn't even come on. Because I can manually bring the passenger side up (shen I have air in the system) I'm now thinking it's the controller. I guess I need to send it to HWH to test it? I need to find the address to ship it to if anyone has that handy? I guess I should call first and see how they want it shipped and whom it should be the attention of.

Thank you guys for your replies.
__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
vito.a's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 3,924
I sent my leveling computer and control panel into HWH. You need to call HWH and get an authorization number before sending it in. Have patience. They are very busy.
They turned my system around in 2 days and the charge was very fair.
HWH Corporation
(On I-80, Exit 267 South)
2096 Moscow Road
Moscow, Iowa 52760
Phone: (563)724-3396 or (800)321-3494
Fax: (563)724-3408
Business Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time (M-F)

If you decide to do more troubleshooting yourself, contact Paul at AZPETE on Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email ispfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.
__________________
97 Monaco Windsor- Sold
07 Monaco Executive McKinley- Sold
04 Monaco Signature Chateau IV
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Timaz's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 461
Could you take a guess at the HWH turnaround time Vito?
Does anyone know where I can find the procedure for removing and rebuilding (changing the o-rings and cleaning) the air solenoids?
__________________

__________________
Full Time from 12-15-18 - Still Working :-(
2000 Dynasty Regent, 8.3, Banks Turbo, McCabe 5" dia Exhaust
431 HP 1296 T...11+ MPG 2005 Pilot TOAD + 2 E-Bikes
Timaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
travel



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not returning to Travel Mode bpperk Monaco Owner's Forum 1 09-02-2019 09:46 PM
Rear air bags not recognizing travel mode Ron Burgundy Country Coach Owners Forum 9 11-26-2017 10:09 PM
Brisk Air 11 will not blow in Auto mode ceb5 Class A Motorhome Discussions 0 09-19-2016 10:11 AM
air level will not return to travel mode mickey53 Monaco Owner's Forum 12 11-01-2012 03:10 PM
AC /heat pump blows hot air when in either cool mode or heat mode Catch14me RV Systems & Appliances 5 04-13-2011 05:15 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×