Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Auto travel mode not working!

Auto air travel mode not working!

I'm looking at the two ride height valves at the back of the coach as maybe being the problem. All attachments look good so I will look at the front tomorrow morning. Can you guys see anything glaring from the two pictures?
I realize one is seeping something. What is the best way to test them on the coach?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_air valve2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	268817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_rear air valve1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	268818  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You will probably only find one on the front, right in the middle of the front axle.
Yours are different than mine. Is both ends of the coach not raising to ride height? Don't know if you have hydraulic leveling jacks, but if so, could it be getting a signal that the jacks are still down?
Old 12-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
You will probably only find one on the front, right in the middle of the front axle.
Yours are different than mine. Is both ends of the coach not raising to ride height? Don't know if you have hydraulic leveling jacks, but if so, could it be getting a signal that the jacks are still down?
The front does not come up and is also tilted down on the passenger side. I have to manually bring it up and level it. No Hydraulic jacks, just air. I will be looking at the front ride height adjustment this morning. Yes, just one in the front.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #4

Good morning Timaz; I am sure I had the same HWH air leveling system on my previous 2000 Windsor. These are just some things here in the forum I have read over the years on this system. From what you described I don't think the ride height valves are the problem here. To me it could be the connection on the bottom of HWH control panel. Have read about this in the past. Also I have read about a solenoid coil failing on the manifold that directs air to the air bags. Owners also have reported the O Rings leaking air at the manifold. I would also check the HWH controller in the belly of the coach that might have some fuses in that control/leveling box. Mine was mounted in the ceiling of one of my pass through bays. This is just off the wall but I used to do this, what I call a test, on my 2000 Windsor about once a month. On the HWH pad in the coach you have raise and lower. You also have the travel light that turns green when the coach is at travel ride height. With the engine running and at full air pressure I used to use the lower button and dump all the air. When the air was all dumped I would now use the raise button to take the coach all the way up. Let the button go and I would hear the air exhaust from the ride height valves and watch for the travel light to come on as now the system is at ride height to travel. This would kind of tell you if all is working or not. If one side does not come up or dump, sounds like a coil at the manifold problem or the control box.

Just some suggestions and hopefully they will help. I am sure you will let us know what you find and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #5

Do not see anything but some of the valves have oil in them I have been told so if you have any seepage you may want to change it just to help in the future. Do not believe they are expensive.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Your pictures do not show what I’d want to see. In the first picture you can just see on the end of the arm, the rubber attachment that holds the metal rod...can almost see that it looks OK.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Timaz; I am sure I had the same HWH air leveling system on my previous 2000 Windsor. These are just some things here in the forum I have read over the years on this system. From what you described I don't think the ride height valves are the problem here. To me it could be the connection on the bottom of HWH control panel. Have read about this in the past. Also I have read about a solenoid coil failing on the manifold that directs air to the air bags. Owners also have reported the O Rings leaking air at the manifold. I would also check the HWH controller in the belly of the coach that might have some fuses in that control/leveling box. Mine was mounted in the ceiling of one of my pass through bays. This is just off the wall but I used to do this, what I call a test, on my 2000 Windsor about once a month. On the HWH pad in the coach you have raise and lower. You also have the travel light that turns green when the coach is at travel ride height. With the engine running and at full air pressure I used to use the lower button and dump all the air. When the air was all dumped I would now use the raise button to take the coach all the way up. Let the button go and I would hear the air exhaust from the ride height valves and watch for the travel light to come on as now the system is at ride height to travel. This would kind of tell you if all is working or not. If one side does not come up or dump, sounds like a coil at the manifold problem or the control box.

Just some suggestions and hopefully they will help. I am sure you will let us know what you find and good luck!
Update: The front ride height valve connections seem fine also. I have a few weeks ago cleaned the connections on the control panel. I will now try to find the control/leveling box and see what I can find. Thanks to all for your input. I will update.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Another Update: I finally found the control unit. I started looking in back passthrough bay, then the next one in front of it, I found it in the front bay that's just 2/3 across. It's a 600. I cleaned the ground connections and checked and tested every fuse. My 12V compressor does not power up either. I plan on replacing all of the o-rings in all of the valves because of age. But I'm pretty sure that's not the issue but needs to be done. Does anyone have another direction for me to go to figure this out?

This coming week I'm having both slide seals replace, I will let you guys know how that goes.

Opps...see photo in next post
Old 12-07-2019, 07:07 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Photo of air leveler controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_air system control box.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	268872  
Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #10

There is a good troubleshooting guide on the forum called HWH COMPUTER CONTROLLED 2000 SERIES LEVELING SYSTEM. Helped me a lot and has good information on the compressor operation. You’re system may be the same as mine
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #11

Good morning Timaz; Just some FYI. When I first got our previous 2000 Windsor with the HWH leveling system, my Thompson air compressor for keeping up the leveling system was not working. I found an inline 15 amp fuse in the harness going to the compressor. The fuse was blown! Replaced fuse and compressor ran except the pressure switch on the compressor was not closing so no compressed air delivered to the air bags. Had extended warranty at that time so shop replaced compressor and everything after that worked as it should. Also wanted to let you know that on the HWH panel next to the drivers seat, when system is on an you press raise on the panel, no matter how much air is in your air tanks the compressor turns on and runs as long as you hold down the raise button. Not 100% sure it that is how the system works, but this is how the compressor operated on my 2000 Windsor. Also if the system was in the sleep mode and the coach became out of level the compressor would turn on and put air pressure in the needed air bags to re level the coach and then turn off and go back into the sleep mode. Just more info. Hope it helps!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Timaz; Just some FYI. When I first got our previous 2000 Windsor with the HWH leveling system, my Thompson air compressor for keeping up the leveling system was not working. I found an inline 15 amp fuse in the harness going to the compressor. The fuse was blown! Replaced fuse and compressor ran except the pressure switch on the compressor was not closing so no compressed air delivered to the air bags. Had extended warranty at that time so shop replaced compressor and everything after that worked as it should. Also wanted to let you know that on the HWH panel next to the drivers seat, when system is on an you press raise on the panel, no matter how much air is in your air tanks the compressor turns on and runs as long as you hold down the raise button. Not 100% sure it that is how the system works, but this is how the compressor operated on my 2000 Windsor. Also if the system was in the sleep mode and the coach became out of level the compressor would turn on and put air pressure in the needed air bags to re level the coach and then turn off and go back into the sleep mode. Just more info. Hope it helps!
I have replaced my 12V compressor. The old one ran but nothing happened, I figured it was worn out. Should have tested it. The new one doesn't even come on. Because I can manually bring the passenger side up (shen I have air in the system) I'm now thinking it's the controller. I guess I need to send it to HWH to test it? I need to find the address to ship it to if anyone has that handy? I guess I should call first and see how they want it shipped and whom it should be the attention of.

Thank you guys for your replies.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I sent my leveling computer and control panel into HWH. You need to call HWH and get an authorization number before sending it in. Have patience. They are very busy.
They turned my system around in 2 days and the charge was very fair.
HWH Corporation
(On I-80, Exit 267 South)
2096 Moscow Road
Moscow, Iowa 52760
Phone: (563)724-3396 or (800)321-3494
Fax: (563)724-3408
Business Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time (M-F)

If you decide to do more troubleshooting yourself, contact Paul at AZPETE on Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email ispfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Could you take a guess at the HWH turnaround time Vito?
Does anyone know where I can find the procedure for removing and rebuilding (changing the o-rings and cleaning) the air solenoids?

Tags
travel