Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Bil

Auxiliary air compressor

Where is the auxulary air compressor located, on a 2003 Signature ,and should I be able to hear it run? Thank You
Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #2

Mine is located just forward of the drive axle on the curb side. Some are located just behind the front axle. You can't hear mine run from inside. To test it pump your brakes and get the air tanks below 80 psi then go manual on the leveling system and press any up arrow and hold it. This will make the pump come on. I make my wife hold the button while I stand outside.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Bil

Auxiliary air compressor

Now that I have located the compressor it isn't running so next question is where is the fuse?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #4

Mine quit, as well, a few years ago. I never did find the fuse. Some documentation put it in the immediate vicinity of the compressor, but I never did find it. What I did wind up doing, however, was replacing the air compressor. In May of 2010, it cost $459 from HWH, then I got a $130 refund for the core, when I returned it to them. Or, they offer an exchange, but I don't recall the numbers for that.

It was a Thomas 12V Compressor, part number RAP6192. I may have been able to remove the unit and overhaul the motor myself, but in light of the difficulty of getting under the coach and getting it removed and reinstalled, I chose replacement over repair. So far, the "new" one is working flawlessly.

By the way, the procedure to get the motor to run that was suggested by Mike is good. If you can get to the power lead to the motor, at the motor, and if you have a sharp test probe that would allow you to test for voltage on the power lead to the motor, you should be able to verify that power is getting to the motor. That was the case with mine, which pretty much narrowed the problem to the compressor assembly, and not to a fuse, somewhere. And, unless there is a problem with the motor, it is somewhat unlikely that there would be any reason for a fuse to blow, in the first place. The replacement didn't turn out to be all that bad of a project.

Good luck!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #5

The power plug on mine was loose or dirty the first time. I unplugged it near the compressor and plugged it back in and it worked again. Some compressors have a fuse inline between that plug and the compressor, mine does not. There are two wires that run from the HWH Control box to the compressor. One is a constant 12 volt supply and one is a switched 12 volt control voltage. Like I said for the HWH to switch on the compressor the tanks have to be below 105 psi and a "raise" command has to be issued. On the compressor module is a pressure switch that can fail and a control solenoid/relay that can fail. First thing you need to check is the HWH circuit board which on my Sig is the second storage bay back on the drivers side hidden behind a removable overhead panel. The compressor is FUSE F-6 but more important is yellow LED #11 and RED #12. If when the RAISE signal is given the yellow LED comes on but not the RED led then the fuse or relay is bad on the board.If both the RED and YELLOW LEDs #11 & 12 come on with the tanks below 105 psi and the raise command then there is something wrong on the compressor module.On the compressor module's large solenoid/relay you can jump across the two large terminals and the compressor should start. You will first have to scrape off the protective coating off these terminals. That will check out just the compressor. Now if you place 12 volts on the small contact of the solenoid relay and the compressor comes on then that large Solenoid/Relay is good and again if the RED and YELLOW LEDs are on then the pressure switch is bad, Check the PDF below for the compressor diagram and the last page for the LEDs.

I found a brand new compressor on EBAY for $68. I believe the real Part Number is Thomas 12V Compressor 405ADC38/12
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Leveling Tech Manual For 2000 Series.pdf (547.5 KB, 165 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Bil

Mike where is the air leveler out put board with the led's located? I sorta feel a little bit inadequate. This is all new to me. Thanks Bil
Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #7

Mine is located in the basement storage area overhead on the drivers side. Mine is in the second compartment back from the front behind a removable section of that gray felt ceiling cover. There is a black plastic knob that releases the ceiling section then I have a clear plastic cover over the air leveling boards. If you can't find it I can take a series of pictures in the morning that will lead you to it. Let me know
Old 07-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
Bil

air compressor

Mike I removed the panel in the second bay and found the metal box for the leveling system but didn't see a clear plastic cover.Will look again today. Thanks Bil
Old 07-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #9

Mine is right behind the inverter. I will go and take pictures this morning.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #10

It is possible that the 2003 Sig didn't have a clear cover. Can you open a cover on that metal box?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hidden Box.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	42191   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Box.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	42192  

Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Bil

Mike thanks so much for all the help, found out today that 03 didn't have led lights only fuses. Found the fuses and all checked out fine. Guess this is above my pay grade so will have a tech look at it. Thanks again Bil

Tags
compressor