RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I know I ain't gonna like this one! My terlite bowl ain't holdin' water. Hope I can find some sort of magic fixer to pour in the bowl that will soften(harden?) the seal. Other than disassembly, anyone have a fix to suggest?

(Errr, should this discussion be moved to the poop and shoot section?)

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I know I ain't gonna like this one! My terlite bowl ain't holdin' water. Hope I can find some sort of magic fixer to pour in the bowl that will soften(harden?) the seal. Other than disassembly, anyone have a fix to suggest?

(Errr, should this discussion be moved to the poop and shoot section?)

Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bama... which terlite do you seat on? Is it a fancy porciline type bole or is it one of them thar plastic ones?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Do it have a moving flapper thingie that opens up? If so... SacscTC dun said to tell ya that ya mite have a piece of that fancy wipin' paper stuck on the seal where that fancy flapper comes back. Ya can take yore fingers - if ya have any left -unless ya havea fancy soft bristled brush -no...don't be using yore one toothbrush- and it will get it off.After getting that paper outa that groove where the flapper goes when it closes then you can also take some of that fancy Vas-o-leen and then goop it onto where that flapper comes back.. use it a few times .. and then wipe off the excess vas-o-leen. IMPORTANT- That stuff will make the flapper to swell - but it may need to swell being asa old as it is. This is what SacsTC did to both of our previous coaches...but our new fancy THROWN don't have a flapper- we don't even have to leave water in it ...and it chews it all up before putting it in the magic shoot.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
It's one of them old plaskit ones. Got the rotating ball-thing. I think a corncob got caught in it last time I was traveling and maybe dented the seal.

Thedford? Thetford? Something like that. I have the literature in my files. Will actually read the instructions if all you wimmins promise not to tell the men-folk what I did!

Thanks Mama, i will try the Vas-O-leen trick. I made an appointment with my proctologist and as soon as he steps out of the room, I am gonna swipe me a pocket full of them Special Gloves.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
hmmm.... I wonder if I have a picture....

M*Momma has the procedure correct. I found that the black gasket would "dry out". The first time this happened was when someone got sick in the toilet. I think that grossness dried out the seal, and it got "stuck" when flushing. Would not close all the way.

I had to take the darn thing all apart to fully understand what was going on with the thing. I quickly figured out that it can be repaired without disassembling I tried a couple of different lubricants, but found pure waterproof silicone grease to be the best.

I would suggest not using the Vaseline, as that is a petroleum-based product, and can possibly harm the rubber seal. Don't know that for sure, but I think that's what dad said long ago

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I ain't gonna say what SacsTc said to say ...while he was laughin so hard that he couldn't see outa his eyes......it was somethin abt bein' old and needin to swell...

Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Kev... just what have you NOT taken apart??

Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
I ain't gonna say what SacsTc said to say ...while he was laughin so hard that he couldn't see outa his eyes......it was somethin abt bein' old and needin to swell... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh - well, you can just tell him to keep his lube to himself then

kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I can't stop laughing!!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Boy, is "Dad" ...err Ronboc ...gonna chew us all out when he comes home tonight ...but "Dad"... Bama started it !!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Is this what happens when I stay home from work with no supervision? Gosh... if ya'll pay my wages...I'll stay home all the time!!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I don't even know where to begin ... because I'm laughing so hard. Also questioning if y'all have enough to do, sounding like Jethro-Tries-To-Go-To-College and for having pictures (quite detailed and well-lit, I might add) of the underside of a lowly commode.

I agree with the diagnosis of the seal drying-out, probably all that needs replacing - besides maybe a good cleaning of the sealing-slot to be sure there's nothing stuck in it. And also about NOT using any type of petroleum products (especially WD40!!!) around rubber materials - it will cause early deterioration. Better to find a silicone-based (or similar) product.

Can't wait to see what's coming next

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #14

You can keep messing around and dis- & re-assembling that throne and trying different ideas. I know because I did several times, or you can break down and spend the 40 bucks and not mess with it for another ten years. Maybe some of the better use of money I found. Have fun, Harvey

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote