RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2007, 05:11 AM   #1

I have an 07 Diplomat. Have tried to adj back up camera by shimming with washers but can only improve it to the point where I can see about to the middle of the roof of the toad. Can not add any more washers. Camera will then hit the housing. Anyone found a solution for this?

arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:11 AM   #2

I have an 07 Diplomat. Have tried to adj back up camera by shimming with washers but can only improve it to the point where I can see about to the middle of the roof of the toad. Can not add any more washers. Camera will then hit the housing. Anyone found a solution for this?

Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You will find the mod we did... in this thread...but since then...we got a new camera housing off a 2007 Cayman that works perfectly. It was a $32 part...but you will have to buy paint in a spray can from an Auto Paint shop to match your paint color (which is listed on the driver seat base - does everyone know this little tidbit? )

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
If you go HERE you will find more pics than listed on that post...

Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Arby,
Welcome to IRV2 forum!! You will find all sorts of helpful info and many people here willing to help or share their stories!
May I also suggest you request membership to the "Monaco Owners Forum"?
Which Diplomat model do you have and what area are you in?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Arby -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the forum, let me know.

Sorry to hear about the camera-issue. Have you contacted Monaco for any suggestions?

Thanks
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Monaco is now treating the camera range issue as a "known issue" and will deal with it under warranty. Their fix is to substitute an alternative housing which allows the camera more range of movement. My 07 Dip is at the dealer right now for that fix (and a bunch of other small things). I'll report on the improvement when I get it back.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #8

Monaco Mama, Do you happen to have a pic of the new housing that you got? Did you get it through your dealer your direct from Monaco
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Loranimal,
It looks exactly like this one that we made and posted a pic of on the web. 2 months later, Monaco was putting an exact copy on the new Caymans and Dips.
camera housing
Of course, theirs was smoother and made from a mold. Theirs came in as unpainted white plastic.
We got ours from DeMartini. They are now standard on the new coaches.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hi Loranimal...
Here is the actual picture of what we got from our dealer who got it from Monaco. We did paint it ourselves (but we already had the spray paint made up for the one that was in the last post)..it did NOT go on the coach in that color!

I can tell you that if you got your coach from DeMartini or if you deal with them ...just talk to Lonnie in parts and tell him you need the same camera housing that he got the O'Leary's..he will be able to find it...

Old 06-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #11

MM, Thanks for the info. I will call Lonnie on monday to see about getting a new housing.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Was supposed to get my new camera housing this week. Monaco sent the dealer another original housing instead. The wait continues.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rob...
Tell your dealer to order the Cayman camera housing.... It is what will work on the Dip...

Old 07-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #14

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the good info and sorry for the long delay in getting back to you all. I have been playing insurance adjuster in FL 12 hours a day/7days a week. Monaco did send me the "modified" camera housing. First it was on "backorder" then they sent the wrong part as usual. Sent the exact same one as I had. Thanks for the picture MM. Now I know exactly what I need. Looks like it will do the job. I hope to get back to the factory in IN later this week for a minor (I hope) slide adjustment and will try to get the right part then. Where do you get the paint in a spray can? Also, what is an "official member" of the Monaco Owners Forum and how do I request it?

Thanks again for the info. Great site and I will check in often.

RB