Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Hi Bob

From what I see on the wiring diagram. When you turn the power switch on, it powers the temperature sensor and also powers the relay and turns on the pads. Which means the pads are on regardless of the outside temperature.
When the temperature drops enough, the fan is switched on and lights the indicator on the control panel. .
Does that sound right to you?
Rick
Rick,

We don't have the pads so I had not paid much attention to the wiring for them. You are correct, the pads will be powered as long as the system heat switch is on. That makes sense because the tanks will be slow to heat and slow to cool off. As others have pointed out, it would be best to have liquid in all the tanks while the pads are on.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Photo of Sanp Disc

Here is a photo of what you are looking for in your service bay.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Tank-2.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	31076  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
First I want to say thank you very much to you all. I now have all the information to trouble shoot my bay heater system. Here's what you all help me find.
The temperature sensor on my rig is in the back side of the top shelf in the water bay. Finally found it.
The 2x2 block next to the bay heater is the relay that turns the pads on.
The fuses for the heating system for the switch , pads and bay heater unit are in the battery bay back wall. I'm not sure why.
The wiring diagram in this thread is the best. It does show an indicator light when the sensor turns on the bay heater. I don't have that. I'll check my wiring and put it in if the wire is there.

All the fuses are good and the system doesn't work. This now can only be the switch since the pads come on with the switch. The switch also is not lighting. Either it's not connected or its broken. I could not have figured all this out with out all of your help and input. Now I know another system on board and all it's functions and locations.
I bought this rig in May 2012 and put over 12k miles on it. And spent 5 months in it. We are having the time of our lives just seeing the country. In the spring we are heading west for 8 months. I'll be a pro on this thing by then.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Thank you all
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Sure wish I could find the stupid snap disc on my 07 Endeavor. They must have buried it but good!
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
First I want to say thank you very much to you all. I now have all the information to trouble shoot my bay heater system. Here's what you all help me find.
The temperature sensor on my rig is in the back side of the top shelf in the water bay. Finally found it.
The 2x2 block next to the bay heater is the relay that turns the pads on.
The fuses for the heating system for the switch , pads and bay heater unit are in the battery bay back wall. I'm not sure why.
The wiring diagram in this thread is the best. It does show an indicator light when the sensor turns on the bay heater. I don't have that. I'll check my wiring and put it in if the wire is there.

All the fuses are good and the system doesn't work. This now can only be the switch since the pads come on with the switch. The switch also is not lighting. Either it's not connected or its broken. I could not have figured all this out with out all of your help and input. Now I know another system on board and all it's functions and locations.
I bought this rig in May 2012 and put over 12k miles on it. And spent 5 months in it. We are having the time of our lives just seeing the country. In the spring we are heading west for 8 months. I'll be a pro on this thing by then.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Thank you all
Rick
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #20

Good you are set to go now and don't need the house diagram for a 2001 Diplomat I noted in an e-mail to you.

I had large prints made at a print shop and they came in handy.

As I said, the wires were crossed at the back of the switch in the coach. Traced out the circuit to find the problem so when I connected correctly, all worked fine.
If it is above 40 degrees and you want to test the rest of the system, just put a short across the snap relay to emulate it activating.

Good luck
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Libero

Your pic of the diagram is what set me free. It made me understand how the system works. I can't tell you how I appreciate it. I enlarged it and printed it out.
I'm sure it's the switch or its not wired correctly. That's an easy fix. I'm heading to the Rockies in the spring and want this heater system working. Couldn't have understood it with out your help.
Thanks again
Rick
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Hi

Well I had to get my heater working last night as it was below freezing for 6 hours.
The wiring was so wrong.
There is power on the red wire at the fuse. But no power at the switch. Must not be the same wire.
I ran 12 volts form the storage light switch to the system heat switch. Connected the blue wire to the system switch and the pads and heater work.
The temperature sensor is not in the circuit right now. The wiring is not right at all. When I get back home ill have to trace all the wires and require it correctly. However the proper bay heater for my coach has its own on/off switch and its own thermostat. I just ordered one. With that in mind I don't need the temperature sensor in the bay since the bay heater already has one.
I'll figure it all out later. Right now nothing is freezing.
This is a 2001 diplomat and apparently the system never worked after all these years. Strange the original owners didn't check it out. Maybe they never went in the cold.
The bay heater I'm using right now is a model 3000 with no controls used in later coaches. It's 300 watts. My original one I just ordered is 1500 watts which explains the heavy wire and 30 amp fuse for it.
Happy New Years to you all from Pensacola, FL
RICK